zurin

Sludges and other enemies?

8 posts in this topic

Is this completely random or is there a way to make it easier for me to enter a mission where a specific type of enemy is present? I did 20 incursions today and saw ZERO sludges. I need to complete the san francisco study and also the sludge trophy but this is driving me insane

17 hours ago, zurin said:

Is this completely random or is there a way to make it easier for me to enter a mission where a specific type of enemy is present? I did 20 incursions today and saw ZERO sludges. I need to complete the san francisco study and also the sludge trophy but this is driving me insane

If you play on critical difficulty there’s a mutation that spawns sludges after killing an enemy. Otherwise they’re random en make sure to shoot them first to split them up, then finish them off with an impact nade.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, zBode_ said:

If you play on critical difficulty there’s a mutation that spawns sludges after killing an enemy. Otherwise they’re random en make sure to shoot them first to split them up, then finish them off with an impact nade.

Ty, that one looks doable then, but the damn Cloaked Lurkers I also cannot find anywhere. They seem to not spawn on Critical at all. I just hate the RNG for trophies

I was just having this problem. And every single guide except ONE told me to increase it to the highest difficulty to try and get that Mutation so killed enemies turn into Sludges. And I went through well over twenty different incursions and I saw nothing.

That ONE other guide told me to do the exact opposite, and go on the easiest difficulty. So I did just that, and after three incursions, I found some Sludges. If you're careful, you can get all three Studies from a single Sludge.

Hope this helps!

On 1/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, zurin said:

Ty, that one looks doable then, but the damn Cloaked Lurkers I also cannot find anywhere. They seem to not spawn on Critical at all. I just hate the RNG for trophies

I’m also having this issue on the game right now.. been on this stupid ass study for like 6-7 missions now and I’ve tried solo and MP.. I suggest that you don’t play returnal (the game) and go for platinum trophy if you hate RNG trophies.. practically all the gold trophies are RNG related besides one.. this study is starting to piss me off tho.. 

On 1/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, zBode_ said:

I thought that the study said destroy one without dividing one.. hmmm.. pretty sure it’s best not to divide it in which case I think you flashbang it? Maybe frag grenade? I’m not sure.. 

For anyone struggling with this.. I just figured it out thanks to a YouTube video.. source: 

just do tenderloin solo.. I found two sludges right off the bat on the first objective.. 

Just acquired this, but I would recommend working to a theory of 5. Every incident of the sludge spawning I have found 5 in that sub-zone.  So clear the zone, find the 5, multiply by 3, repeat until they spawn again.  Yet to have an area without 5 sludge spawn.  Most were either tenderloin threat 2, any threat 3 Alaska or threat 4 t&c

Easy way to get trophy for omg sludges: 

1. Get level 10 Jager. 

2. Play as Jagger on level 3 difficulty. 

3. Cycle through games unless you get the Sludge mutation. 

4. You have 15 minutes, alert nests so enemies spawn. 

5. Find a good spot in the middle of 4-5 nests. 

6. Place down both Jager devices (at level 10 the Jager devices recharge once every 10 seconds. 

7. Kill enemies, but don't kill the sludge. 

8. Let your Jager device kill sludge (It's an explosive kill). 

You can easily get 20-30+ every 15 minute zone. There are three zones per level, so you could potentially finish it in one incursion. 

Be mindful that certain Archaens, like the rooter, can destroy your Jager. Don't stand on top of them to avoid them getting destroyed. 

If you play solo, enemies will spawn more slowly which makes it doable and not stressful.