Easy 1k miles

KubaLenart

Thinking about starting this game, but this trophy is putting me off - mainly cause I don't trust the Dualsense not to break, so I don't really want to tape it down.

Is there a way to track this trophy in game? Or is it just one of those it'll pop once it's done kind of trophies?
It really annoys me that we got trophy tracking with the PS5 and all these devs can't be bothered to utilise it, but will still make stupid trophies like this.

4 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The game keeps track of your total mileage. You can view your profile and then stats from the main menu, total mileage is one of the tracked stats.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Might just do it the old fashioned way then.

35 minutes ago, EIdain said:

Thinking about starting this game, but this trophy is putting me off - mainly cause I don't trust the Dualsense not to break, so I don't really want to tape it down.

Is there a way to track this trophy in game? Or is it just one of those it'll pop once it's done kind of trophies?
It really annoys me that we got trophy tracking with the PS5 and all these devs can't be bothered to utilise it, but will still make stupid trophies like this.

If you have a pc + a dual shock or juste a smartphone, play the game via remote play and do not use the dualsense ;)

Edited by DynaVita

5 hours ago, bendermac said:

Also check in from time to time. There is not a single map that you wont get stuck. Happened to me a few times.

I found that if you changed the settings to Manual gear shift, and kept the car in gear 2 it will stay slow enough for it to keep going without getting stuck. While the car is going slow and thus getting less miles per hour, I found this to be more reliable and safe for afk farming. 

Edited by teejota22
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, teejota22 said:

I found that if you changed the settings to Manual gear shift, and kept the car in gear 2 it will stay slow enough for it to keep going without getting stuck. While the car is going slow and thus getting less miles per hour, I found this to be more reliable and safe for afk farming. 

I put my DSense in a weird position and blocked the trigger with a tablet ;)

Was checking once and hour if the car did not stuck, it can happen sometimes.

Ever 2-3 hours was finishing just to save miles etc and I did turned off all the vibrations / feedback as it was killing Dsense pretty fast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, EIdain said:

Make sure you turn off the vibration and shoulder button resistance in the game settings. Then you can tape down the R2 and not worry about wearing out the controller ?

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2022 at 10:34 PM, tyrarius said:

i did this and the trophy didn't pop for me. I have ~ 1070 miles now. Tried a few races, deleting my save and downloading it again. Any ideas?

Make sure your game is using Miles and not KM. I thought it was bugged earlier too because of that.

25 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Make sure your game is using Miles and not KM. I thought it was bugged earlier too because of that.

you're right, I found out yesterday. I only had around 870 km (540 Miles) when I played through the career mode. Damn, this trophy sucks.

If you’ve done everything your left with around 500 miles, I don’t see the issue here it’s really not that bad of a grind, at all, slightly boring sure but this ‘grind’ if you can call it that takes a mere couple hours to do, personally I didn’t think it was any more boring than doing the game itself, think yourselves lucky it’s 1k and not 10k as it was changed, to anyone who’s on the fence because of this trophy, don’t start Grid, Around The Globe is almost 25k miles and took endless hours (around 100h) lapping Indianapolis in the Jesko, n that was after finishing everything else too...

THAT’S a grind.

Not trying to sound ‘off’ or anything, I just find it really strange how a trophy that takes a couple hours is causing this much upset, unless this forum is filled with the Ratalakia brigade I don’t see why there’s even a post on this lol 

If your debating playing D5, just start it, especially if you picked it up free, it’s really not that bad, and if a 2-3h trophy is stopping you from playing a free game, maybe trophy hunting isn’t for you? 

• Like 1

On 25-1-2022 at 1:43 PM, lucask001 said:

I imagine that one way of doing it is to play all the DLCs.... that should be funnier :-)

Are those DLCs on sale sometimes ?

It is now. 60% off the Year One content. (€13.99 instead of 34.99).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, plafix68 said:

I'm kicking myself for missing out on the season pass when it was recently on sale. I know it will inevitably go on sale again but I'll probably do this trick this weekend to get the platinum out of the way for now. 

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The season pass has some nice cars, sure, but nothing that will substantially alter your gameplay experience. The new cars just make it easier.

1 hour ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The season pass has some nice cars, sure, but nothing that will substantially alter your gameplay experience. The new cars just make it easier.

That's what it seems like. I want to at least clear out the remaining trophies since about half of the game's trophies are tied up in DLC. That would have helped with the 1K miles too but at least the AFK method is pretty straightforward and painless. The game is fine but it definitely could use some more variety. Too bad the DLC won't really change that.

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

If you own all DLC you come awfully close to the 1000 miles mark if you complete them.

Yup, after DLC stuff I'm missing cca 120 miles. Put the Mini into 4th gear and grinding seems to be going smoothly. When I left it with automatic transmission car kept getting stuck every eight minutes or so.

Edited by Terminus124