poetic_justice_

Does Anyone Else Think Spec Ops Mastery 2 and Higher Are Just Bad?

30 posts in this topic

Two player the dlc is a 1/10 so easy. The whole game sucks arse. Don‚Äôt play it people. ūüėÄ Far Cry 5 is a much better game.

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oh, definitely - we did really well overall. I'm just setting expectations for those who haven't done those yet to let them know that the maps, themselves, on mastery 3 are not a cakewalk like the launch ones haha. I was more referring to how far the water sources are from one another on that map (while the PG-240X goes up really fast on mastery 3) which is why the method we used of me carrying the PG-240X and you scouting ahead for water sources was a solid strategy, and why I'd recommend doing this map in co-op (as opposed to solo).

And yeah, Ubisoft being Ubisoft...You should have seen the trouble I had with Ghost Recon Wildlands servers recently - messed up my trophy progress and I had to start a new game!

Agreed I'm just glad I could help and that I'll never have to legitimately go through level 3 again unless I'm helping someone (probably my girlfriend in the future since we play the PS4 far cry games together) and can just do the lowest level to pop it on the 4. It would have been funny if you could have just swam to the rendezvous point haha just psych players out thinking they had to cross country and they just had to skirt the map in the ocean haha

They are easy to complete once you know your gear and when to use it.

What I did, when playing the lower difficulties, is to plan your pathway through from one camp to the other and take your time in the shade.

If you need some help with any of the missions, I have posted them on youtube.  Hope this will help someone complete the trophies

Maceo Special Operations

Puerta Del Eden

Los Tres Santos

Cocodillo

Mesozoico

Thanks

KP

On 2022-01-29 at 3:12 AM, Slugger_VII said:

If you guys are still struggling with this,¬†you can go into game settings and change the difficulty to ‚Äústory mode‚ÄĚ. It makes doing these SO much easier. Before I learned this I was doing it on whatever the default difficulty is and was struggling bad. Now I‚Äôve cleared a bunch with little to no issues.¬†

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I’ve read that Spec Ops is an independent experience and base game difficulty has no bearing, then other reports that the host difficulty does impact Spec Ops as well. Does dropping to Story make Spec Ops easier?

On 9/12/2022 at 4:58 AM, diskdocx said:

I’ve read that Spec Ops is an independent experience and base game difficulty has no bearing, then other reports that the host difficulty does impact Spec Ops as well. Does dropping to Story make Spec Ops easier?

I think apples and oranges are being smashed together here. Yes, the host's choice of Mastery Level affects both players in Spec Ops (apples) but in the co-op campaign, the host can choose Story Mode difficulty, while the co-op partner joining may have chosen a different difficulty level (oranges). There is no option for Story Mode difficulty in Spec Ops, only varying Mastery Levels. Spec Ops has Standard difficulty (for XP levels 3+), Mastery 1 (XP levels 7+), Mastery 2, and Mastery 3. In Spec Ops, if the host chooses Mastery Level 3, both players play at Mastery Level 3. This can be incredibly useful for the non-host, as normal unlock progression requires players to beat Standard to unlock Mastery 1, beat Mastery 1 to unlock Mastery 2, etc. Suppose the host sets the difficulty to Mastery 3 and both players complete the operation. In that case, the non-host player will unlock all mastery levels of that mission in a single playthrough rather than four separate playthroughs.

Back to your question, though, the co-op campaign and Spec Ops are two separate modes. Selecting Story Mode difficulty in the campaign does not transfer to Spec Ops. Spec Ops has its own, stand-alone difficulty system in the form of Mastery Levels. On a positive note, from experience, playing Spec Ops in either solo or co-op does not seem to change the number of enemy spawns. Two players facing the same number of enemies as one player makes playing Spec Ops in co-op significantly easier. Ubisoft did not balance Spec Ops for a single-player experience. It's funny to me that so many people on PSNProfiles downplay the difficulty of Spec Ops. On reddit, people hate the challenges. 

Edited by poetic_justice_