Does Anyone Else Think Spec Ops Mastery 2 and Higher Are Just Bad?

poetic_justice_

46 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

No it definitely applies, I watched a number of YouTube videos for each map and everyone was on Story difficulty. Even on Mastery 3 they were taking chip damage from the enemies (casually cooling down the bomb while being shot), just walking around in enemy zones shooting people. Where as me, on Guerrilla, would die in 2-3 seconds. The video comparison to what I was experiencing was night and day difference.

Several posts up by: JeManquedHygiene 

Either way I got them all done on Guerilla, Eden was the biggest piece of shit layout ever (#5) and took me a few hours and multiple attempts. If I could have changed my difficulty settings I would have, that was an awful and unfun experience.

Oh it does.. okay sorry didn’t know about that.

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Either way I got them all done on Guerilla, Eden was the biggest piece of shit layout ever (#5) and took me a few hours and multiple attempts. If I could have changed my difficulty settings I would have, that was an awful and unfun experience.

Another satisfied Ubisoft customer. Sad to hear you experienced this. When I first read about what Far Cry 6 contained, it was 2019. I was so excited. Now, after playing it, particularly Spec Ops, and realizing Ubisoft doesn't care if their games are worth playing, just how many copies they sell, I want to warn people, "Stay away! It's frustrating, not fun!" Sorry to hear you spent hours slogging through it. Congrats on earning trophies on Guerilla difficulty, though. That's intense.

45 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Sorry to hear you spent hours slogging through it. Congrats on earning trophies on Guerilla difficulty, though. That's intense.

Eh at the end of the day I enjoy a challenge, I go into every game wanting the hardest possible experience. That being said I want it to be tailored properly, and not having alterations to going in solo is bad design. I made a few mistakes, but the vast majorities of my deaths resulted in 10+ hyper elites running at me and while I kill those off I have more waves spawning in around me. That's some 2007 CoD veteran story infinite enemy spawn shit, it's not an enjoyable form of difficulty, it's an annoying one.

For what it's worth though I really enjoyed the base game, they always seem to put out a good story (or good enough for me). The remaining DLCs I'll have to see, feels like it's going to be some Marvel crossover bloat. If only they'd release DLC to further focus on the original point of the base game, that'd be some crazy shit huh?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/03/2023 at 9:01 AM, Skurkitty said:

No it definitely applies, I watched a number of YouTube videos for each map and everyone was on Story difficulty. Even on Mastery 3 they were taking chip damage from the enemies (casually cooling down the bomb while being shot), just walking around in enemy zones shooting people. Where as me, on Guerrilla, would die in 2-3 seconds. The video comparison to what I was experiencing was night and day difference.

Several posts up by: JeManquedHygiene 

I'm like you : I like to have the most hardest experience from my games. So I choosed guerilla. And so now I'm like you : what the HELL is this spec ops ?! It's near impossible, and seeing what your telling for the others map ... I really begining to wonder if I won't do a new game plus just for that. 

I'll try a lil bit more, but it's like you triple the amount of time needed for beating these map/trophies. The difference between easy and hard in this game is CRAZY, really. 

On 3/9/2023 at 2:24 AM, Skurkitty said:

I want it to be tailored properly, and not having alterations to going in solo is bad design. 2007 CoD veteran story infinite enemy spawn is shit, it's not an enjoyable form of difficulty, it's an annoying one.

For what it's worth though I really enjoyed the base game, they always seem to put out a good story (or good enough for me). The remaining DLCs I'll have to see, feels like it's going to be some Marvel crossover bloat. If only they'd release DLC to further focus on the original point of the base game, that'd be some crazy shit huh?

I felt the same way: no alternative for solo Spec Ops is lazy, greedy, and arrogant. Just because Ubisoft drops crap on a plate doesn't mean customers have to eat it. The main game was standard Far Cry, and it was good. However, with any content beyond Far Cry canon, Ubisoft has gone off the rails. If Ubisoft had done a DLC crossover with a younger Sam Fisher and Juan Cortez doing CIA mission(s) in Yara, that would have been awesome. Ubisoft could have brought in a young Anton Castillo, possibly fighting against his own father and killing him. There was a gold mine in Yaran history, and Ubisoft completely ignored it for Rambo, Stranger Things and Lost Between Worlds. Revisiting Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed in a roguelite was enjoyable. While that is Far Cry canon, it is not related to Yara.

14 hours ago, Naruto06660 said:

what the HELL is this spec ops ?! It's near impossible. The difference between easy and hard in this game is CRAZY, really. 

Crap on a plate. It's not worth eating. Sad to hear the experience is poor for you too.

5 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I felt the same way: no alternative for solo Spec Ops is lazy, greedy, and arrogant. Just because Ubisoft drops crap on a plate doesn't mean customers have to eat it. The main game was standard Far Cry, and it was good. However, with any content beyond Far Cry canon, Ubisoft has gone off the rails. If Ubisoft had done a DLC crossover with a younger Sam Fisher and Juan Cortez doing CIA mission(s) in Yara, that would have been awesome. Ubisoft could have brought in a young Anton Castillo, possibly fighting against his own father and killing him. There was a gold mine in Yaran history, and Ubisoft completely ignored it for Rambo, Stranger Things and Lost Between Worlds. Revisiting Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed in a roguelite was enjoyable. While that is Far Cry canon, it is not related to Yara.

Crap on a plate. It's not worth eating. Sad to hear the experience is poor for you too.

Yeah I think the same as you : yara is pretty left over in the game, the global content is poor (mainly loot crate that giving you the same shit over and over lol) and the story is poor too, protagonist is good but once again : we don't see him often enough. 

I honestly prefer FC 5, for his characters, his story (btw the secret ending of the dlc of pagan min that ruin the apocalypse of FC 5 ..... It's honestly a masterpiece seriously I was so surprised XDDD) I've prefered FC 5. And I think FC 6 is the weakest of the serie. They have to stop making "biggest far cry ever, biggest assassin creed ever" and all that, we want INTERESTING game, not big but empty games !!!!! So I do hope they gonna do a way smaller world for the FC 7. 

I've played FC 5 then FC 6 just after (platinum too) and it was pretty awesome to see the good difference and the bad ones directly lol. And so yes there was plenty to do with FC 6 :( And the horses !!!!! I was so dissapointed to not see any horse in 5 in the US montana lol ! So I was happy to see them here, specially with one that should have been in the 5 lol. 

As for spec ops, except the two first ones, I've first try the 3 others. When I'm getting the plat of a game, I'm usually not focused, in my couch with a video of something else than the game so really not in game. When I saw the difficulty (see my comment) I've decided to play seriously again, headset on, gaming chair and close to my tv. Well obsiouly it was way easier, it's still extremely hard but clearly do able by taking your time and playing good so I've enjoyed spec ops in the end :) 

Should have the platinum today, 100% too, it was quite a journey, almost 200 hours on it lol. It's a great game but it could have been way better ... :/

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:54 PM, Naruto06660 said:

(btw the secret ending of the dlc of pagan min that ruin the apocalypse of FC 5 ..... It's honestly a masterpiece seriously I was so surprised XDDD) I've prefered FC 5. And I think FC 6 is the weakest of the serie. They have to stop making "biggest far cry ever, biggest assassin creed ever" and all that, we want INTERESTING game, not big but empty games !!!!! So I do hope they gonna do a way smaller world for the FC 7. 

I've played FC 5 then FC 6 just after (platinum too) and it was pretty awesome to see the good difference and the bad ones directly lol. And so yes there was plenty to do with FC 6 :( And the horses !!!!! I was so dissapointed to not see any horse in 5 in the US montana lol ! So I was happy to see them here, specially with one that should have been in the 5 lol. 

Should have the platinum today, 100% too, it was quite a journey, almost 200 hours on it lol. It's a great game but it could have been way better ... :/

The Pagan Min ending was a shock, but it was so cool to see Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5 connected by DLC for Far Cry 6. I agree that interesting content is more important than size of the map. Far Cry Blood Dragon is hilarious fun, and it isn't a large map.

2. You're right about the horses! Seeing no horses in Montana was weird.

3. Congratulations on a long platinum. Yes, Far Cry 6 could have been so much more. If they had just stuck with Dani and Yara, gone back to the 1960's during the communist revolution, something else besides shard heads, Rambo wanna-bes and Stranger Things. Stranger Things was enjoyable, but it was never going to be anything but a one-trick pony DLC. Too many licensing issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2023 at 4:44 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

Hide contents

The Pagan Min ending was a shock, but it was so cool to see Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5 connected by DLC for Far Cry 6. I agree that interesting content is more important than size of the map. Far Cry Blood Dragon is hilarious fun, and it isn't a large map.

2. You're right about the horses! Seeing no horses in Montana was weird.

3. Congratulations on a long platinum. Yes, Far Cry 6 could have been so much more. If they had just stuck with Dani and Yara, gone back to the 1960's during the communist revolution, something else besides shard heads, Rambo wanna-bes and Stranger Things. Stranger Things was enjoyable, but it was never going to be anything but a one-trick pony DLC. Too many licensing issues.

Just saw your answer sorry mate. 

I took a video of my reaction of the pagan true ending cause I was so shocked. I believed in SPOIL the end of the world of FC5 and found that just crazily perfect lol. But then the ending of pagan min's destroying everyting like that ????? Seriously this is just peeeerfect lol ! I was like "wait what ? Nuke ? US ? MONTANA ????!!!!!! No way !!!" that was awesome lol. Yeah I honestly like the dlcs, and it was rogue like and I absolutly like rogue like games !

Still haven't played blood dragon, I'm not interested that much in new dawn but I have to play blood dragon, look like ton of fun. 

Dunno if I said it but I send a mail to ubisoft, complaining about the lack of horse in montana which they should be legion lol. Dunno if it's why we have horses in FC 6 but it was a pleasure to see this^^ 

Thanks, made a lil trip on chopper then with the horse of FC 5 (which look like mine ... :)), petted him and said farewell lol. Yeah it's really a shame, could have been way better. FC 6 is the less good FC for me, we don't know anything about the next one btw do we ? 

On 6/10/2023 at 10:10 PM, Naruto06660 said:

I took a video of my reaction of the pagan true ending cause I was so shocked.

Still haven't played blood dragon, I'm not interested that much in new dawn but I have to play blood dragon, look like ton of fun. 

FC 6 is the less good FC for me, we don't know anything about the next one btw do we ? 

Did you post the video of your reaction? Yes, that was a huge surprise, but it seems so like Pagan to do something over the top like that. 

Blood Dragon is hilarious. The dialogue is so bad it's good with all the cheesy 80's action hero quips. It is a fairly fast game too that can be completed in 20-25 hours. I am slower than most, but I like to explore.

New Dawn is a sequel of sorts to Far Cry 5, telling the story of the survivors of Montana after the stand-off with Joseph Seed and his cult. I enjoyed it, but not as much as Far Cry 6.

As for a sequel, Ubisoft seems to be throwing all their energy into making multiple Assassin's Creed sequels, a new The Crew racing title, an Avatar/Pandora game, and perhaps (finally) the pirate-themed Skull & Crossbones. I haven't seen anything on Far Cry 7, Watch Dogs 4, or a new Splinter Cell. Ubisoft seems to think the AC IP will keep them afloat financially, so they are going all in on that and doing a handful of diverse projects on the side. Ubisoft has also been trying to get multiple live service model off the ground for years, so The Division: Heartland is development, an AC live service game is in development, and the new X-Defiant F2P shooter is rumored to be surprisingly decent.

• 3 months later...

I have to agree I do not like these missions at all in fact I would go as far to say probably one of the shittiest DLCS I have seen very badly designed for solo play, and it just feels like a chore having to do each one FOUR times why couldn't we just decide to start at Mastery THREE maybe then it would not have felt as painful but in general I have not liked this game one bit prob the worst one made in the series. With the rumours of FC7 being a timed story mode, the future does not look bright.

22 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

With the rumours of FC7 being a timed story mode, the future does not look bright.

No! Hopefully, that is not the case. However, given that Ubisoft thought the "Lost Between Worlds" DLC actually added value to FC6, I don't have much hope for FC7. 

• 2 months later...

Having to do every operation 4 times was like pulling teeth absolutely piss poor DLC the other DLCs are a little better but still pretty crap hey let's put perma-death in it along with those little annoying Chibis collectables, what a great idea. I haven't played Josef or lost worlds yet I'm hoping the last one will be decent at least.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 5:09 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I haven't played Josef or lost worlds yet I'm hoping the last one will be decent at least.

Joseph was my least enjoyable villain, both in Far Cry 5 and the Far Cry 6 DLC. His brother Jacob (?), the "Cull the herd" guy, was more interesting but has no related DLC.

Lost Worlds. Sigh. It's lost alright. It completely lost the meaning of Far Cry.

1 minute ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Joseph was my least enjoyable villain, both in Far Cry 5 and the Far Cry 6 DLC. His brother Jacob (?), the "Cull the herd" guy, was more interesting but has no related DLC.

Lost Worlds. Sigh. It's lost alright. It completely lost the meaning of Far Cry.

Yes the DLCs were pretty poor Lost worlds had no relation to FC at all, with some annoying alien give me a break.

• Like 1