What is your most doable PS4 platinum trophy that you will never get?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

Never say never but these are the two easy plats that I just can't be bothered to get:

Mafia 3. Hangar 13, being the incompetent buffoons they are, released a patch with the definitive edition that resets counters when you quit the app, and the game is so unstable that you will quit involuntarily through the game's many ,many cashes.. The only way around this is to downgrade a patch which I don't think my computer can do, or play in one sitting which I am not willing to do again after it crashed near the end last time.

Homefront the Revolution. I was so bored with this game I didn't even finish it. I always at least try to finish the campaign but, honestly, it just became torture for me. Didn't help that I played the brilliant Far Cry (5) - which the game desperately wants to be - shortly after so that only further highlighted its faults.

• 4 months later...
On 10/02/2022 at 4:34 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Never say never but these are the two easy plats that I just can't be bothered to get:

Mafia 3. Hangar 13, being the incompetent buffoons they are, released a patch with the definitive edition that resets counters when you quit the app, and the game is so unstable that you will quit involuntarily through the game's many ,many cashes.. The only way around this is to downgrade a patch which I don't think my computer can do, or play in one sitting which I am not willing to do again after it crashed near the end last time.

Homefront the Revolution. I was so bored with this game I didn't even finish it. I always at least try to finish the campaign but, honestly, it just became torture for me. Didn't help that I played the brilliant Far Cry (5) - which the game desperately wants to be - shortly after so that only further highlighted its faults.

Updated as I did get Mafia 3 plat in the end . Even did all the DLCs lol . Like I said, never say never.

Homefront still sucks though.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't see myself getting the Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! platinum. The hori drums are waaaay too noisy (I keep missing because I don't want to make too much noise), though I heard you can get the plat with the DS4. I almost considered investing into the Taiko Force LV5 since I used to be super into Taiko and rhythm games in general but I find it's not really the case anymore so eh.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption 2: Cannot imagine going through another online grind after GTA V (which I will probably go back and finish)

Hollow Knight: I love the game, but it's too difficult for me. Even the main game is sometimes insanely difficult with the platforming and bosses. I know there is a boss rush required for the platinum, just seems impossible.

The Witness, I already was struggling halfway into the game with some puzzles (looking at you tetris ones), now doing the last hidden secret puzzles is just waay out of my reach for me, I'm simply not good enough for these type of games.

Dark Souls 3, might not be impossible, but atm I'm too burn out of the series and in general of this genre, finishing the game two more times and grinding for Vertebra Shackles doesn't appeal to me at all, just thinking about it makes me exhausted lol.

CoD Games: Hate that I can't do zombie modes solo.

GTA(PS3): Hacked online lobbies, nope.

TLOU(PS3), Uncharted 2(PS3), Fifa14, Twisted Metal: Servers shutdown.

Monster Hunter World: Don't enjoy it enough for the trophy grind.

Edited by Skurkitty

On 1/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, The Investigator said:

Transformers Devastation - game is not good enough to have a deep replay value for harder modes, challenges, item/level farming etc.

lol. 

The combat in that game is amazing. Sounds like you're just button-mashing, or something. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

lol. 

The combat in that game is amazing. Sounds like you're just button-mashing, or something. 

I don't play games for gameplay, I play mature games for story/characters/worlds/graphics/great voice over performances, great animations, the cartoon graphics with no story presentation of the game is good enough for 1 run, anything after that was a chore, and you need to replay stuff a lot for grinding to unlock challenges and higher level stuff

difficulty has nothing to do with it, the game doesn't look good enough and has no point to it

I played it because I'm a Transformers fan, not to grind in a low budget kiddy looking PlatinumGames game for 6 runs and dozens of hours

• 4 weeks later...

At this rate, It Takes Two. Simple platinum but it's seeming increasingly impossible to find someone (either locally or online) who'll actually stick through the whole game and not just start ghosting at some point.

Up to the Clocktower level so it wouldn't even take long to get it over with, the problem is just working out with whom.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1

Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy, because despite beating the entire thing, random episodes throughout the game did not trigger their respective trophies. So that's one platinum I missed forever. I'm not going back and playing that again.

To name a few : 

• Dark chronicle (Dark cloud 2 in NA and South Korea)
    • Because of the grind of completing all medals & monster transformation badges
  • Red dead redemption 2
    • Probably because it's too slow in my opinion. This game consists of 80% horseriding ... Not my cup of tea.
  • The witcher 3
    • A big open game aswell. I was going to try and get the platinum, but the size of the game is just overwhelming to me.

Looking at the most common plats on my profile that I don't have then pretty much any Naughty Dog game... ?

Uncharted games - I have a few on my profile, everyone kept raving about them so I thought maybe I misjudged them but I found them so boring.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 - I remember loving these games when I was younger but for some reason I found them so annoying now lol. 

TLOU - Same as Uncharted, people raved so thought I'd try it. Loved the story but not the gameplay, I'll probably never get more than the one trophy I have in it ?

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on PS4. Mine would actually have to be the 2009 PS3 game, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Sure, I theoretically could go to the trouble of gathering a boosting party for that decrepit old multiplayer mode, but will I? Hell no.