What is your most doable PS4 platinum trophy that you will never get?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

Would've said Black Ops II (just 5 wins), however, two things;

1) it's PS3, not PS4

2) it's shutdown

If those 2 weren't the case I'd have it in an hour (or two)

I guess my answer is:

Injustice 2 or Friday the 13th

Injustice 2 is purely RNG. 0 skill required for the damn Cat Call trophy. Whatever, it means I've forever boycotted NetherRealm Studios & I like WB Games as a whole less overall (they also have the Mad Max issues under their belt). Friday the 13th is purely a grind. 2000 matches and I'll have the Platinum. 0 skill just grind.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For me it's gotta be:

1.mk x, I only need to do the invasion trophies. However after checking the game daily for 6 months I'm starting to lose my patience and leaning towards leaving it. 

2. Granblue versus, got all the trophies except one, before I realised I needed all dlc for the last one left. Didn't help that trophy guides updated with the info but didn't add the missable tag or you had to scroll down a bit... 

Edited by Randel_shazeab
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Superhot VR could actually be my first game I don't get plat in. I underestimated the amount of effort it requires physically.

Seeing as I'm a couch potato it is REALLY hard work and I'm bathed in sweat and sore after a session. Maybe I'll get in shape a little and lose some weight whlile going for the plat at least.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Superhot VR could actually be my first game I don't get plat in. I underestimated the amount of effort it requires physically.

Seeing as I'm a couch potato it is REALLY hard work and I'm bathed in sweat and sore after a session. Maybe I'll get in shape a little and lose some weight whlile going for the plat at least.

Lmao! This cracked me up because it reminded me of this video I randomly stumbled across last week when I was looking up Superhot gameplay. This dude is a fucking Ninja:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Lmao! This cracked me up because it reminded me of this video I randomly stumbled across last week when I was looking up Superhot gameplay. This dude is a fucking Ninja:

Fucking hell that's impressive! And I'm huffing and puffing my way through ? 

• Like 2

Probably some PS3 titles, like Assassin's Creed II , one of the most common platinum out there but I don't have the game anymore and I don't see myself buying it and run around to collect all those feathers. I don't think I even have my save file anymore.  

1 minute ago, KRIEGLERR said:

Probably some PS3 titles, like Assassin's Creed II , one of the most common platinum out there but I don't have the game anymore and I don't see myself buying it and run around to collect all those feathers. I don't think I even have my save file anymore.  

You mean the Remastered version from the ezio collection? Op is asking about PS4 plats.

On 22/01/2022 at 4:30 PM, EnaTenkiyoGaming said:

I have a couple, Fall Guys and Injustice 2.

Both time consuming games that I will never get a platinum trophy on. Any PS4 games that you are not likely to get a platinum trophy?

For Fall guys is it the infallible trophy? I got it with just 6 matches in the Yeetus event, you just need to QUALIFY 3 rounds and it counts as a win. Don't give up! 

Injustice 2 and Catcall, I did the ps cloud save trick one hour a day for about a week while netflixing. It will pop one day eventually. 

Judging by the percentage of achievers, I suspect my answer would have to be Don’t Knock Twice. Game softlocked me on three separate occasions (once it wouldn’t let me climb some stairs, no matter how much I ran around and wallhumped them and tried to manipulate the angle. Just either acted like there was something in the way, or would make me slow to a crawl and then slide backwards when I tried to climb them; second time, after reaching the “pentagram room,” it crashed and corrupted my save; third time, after reaching the pentagram room, a door that’s supposed to open just… didn’t. Went all over the house, checking everywhere, compared my steps to a video guide, confirmed I was in the right place… door just decided it didn’t want to be open.) After that, I don’t know that I have it in me to start over and do the whole mess again, even though a perfect Platinum run only takes like 40 minutes.

For runners-up: Destroy All Humans Remake (as someone else pointed out, the challenges just make my blood boil) and Untitled Goose Game (I hate this game. I hate the controls. I hate what feels like RNG of the AI. Doing all the speedruns? Not happening.)

Mafia 3

I'd love to start and complete this game in one go, but all the glitched trophies and the fact that you have to keep your game running for days while hoping that your game doesn't crash, just to make them attainable, completely kills the motivation for me to even attempt this plat, even though the trophy list on itself seems very doable just by the looks of it

• Like 1

I've mentioned this game a bunch of times by now, but it bears repeating:

L99a9a6.png

9Sb785f4.png

When I'm With You (Beat every level on Nightmare in co-operative mode)

Because of a trophy guide that's readily available, I'm preparing to dive back into this game at some point and continue my progress. Unfortunately due to the absolutely cruel and unmerciful nature of Nightmare difficulty, this requires a serious amount of willpower to push through and I simply don't have it in me...at least not right now.

I know the Charles method of downgrading to version 1.03 which puts the game at a lower framerate, but that is a software program that you have to pay a subscription for once your free trial expires. There is a workaround I'm sure, but that is simply too much effort just to try to achieve one stupid trophy.

DOOM 2. Old classic from decades past, fun as hell, but fuck this trophy. Not worth doing unless you're either a diehard DOOM gamer or you're a dedicated trophy completionist.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Nightmare Co-op shouldn't exist
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

Mafia 3

...but all the glitched trophies and the fact that you have to keep your game running for days while hoping that your game doesn't crash...

To me, every time someone brings this up it's like hearing of an urban myth.

Am I the only human being who got all trophies without worrying about or having any glitches and crashes?

On the other hand, having your console running a game non-stop for days sounds like a sure way to get your system to crash.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Am I the only human being who got all trophies without worrying about or having any glitches and crashes?

On the other hand, having your console running a game non-stop for days sounds like a sure way to get your system to crash.

I feel the same, for the most part. I did have one issue where after my first run, the game wouldn’t register the opposite moral choices on the same save, which did frustrate me for a while. But I came back to it later, started a new save file and blizkrieged the game and it worked fine. (It’s certainly not the only game to freak out in that manner, either; Those Who Remain decided to be evil like that as well, just for one.)

Had no experience with widespread, game-ruining glitches or completely borked tracking that others have. (Note: I am not saying it doesn’t/didn’t happen. Merely that the two stabs I took at the game, one shortly after launch and one once all the DLC was available, went off mostly without a hitch.)

Edited by Ashande
  • Like 1

God of War and Uncharted LL
both played at time when I got so sick and tired from time wasting trophies that I played these games purely for fun and tried to ignore trophies as much as I could
will probably never return to them, even though GoW was missing just a few collectibles and those tricky combat challenges

Probably the Assassin's Creed Revelations remaster. Almost a 30% plat on the website but I struggled so hard to even beat the story because I just don't find AC gameplay all that fun anymore. I feel bad because I really liked the first 3 games back in the day, but a decade later my taste in games has changed (or more accurately my tolerance levels of what kind of gameplay I prefer) and when I went into Revelations it just didn't click for me.

I want to give it another chance at some point but I just need the right mindset first.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

All my trophies popped as intended as well. I never left my PS4 running while afk. Never had any issues with the game it was very enjoyable. Idk if I was lucky to avoid any glitches.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

same i got all trophies with no problem. but a patch broke the game later i think

• Like 1

On PS4 I only have Monster Hunter World incomplete, I try it and sell it because I don't like the game, and the grind is too long to plat this game, so I don't know, if it gets free on psplus or something maybe I will try again (I know its in ps+ collection, but only if you have a PS5, that I don't have and maybe never will).

12 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

No you're not, but you likely played it before it got it's Definitive Edition patch/re-release of the game. When the Mafia 1 Remake came out, Mafia II got it's infamous shitty remaster, and because they released a triple pack, they gave Mafia III a Definitive Edition version that came with the DLC, but the patch that released for it completely broke the game. And at this point it sounds like they never fixed it. It is odd though that so many people didn't seem to play it until this happened...Mafia III was already out for quite some time before this update came out, but you only really hear about the people who only played it after the update. 

I'm one of the "lucky" ones that played it before this patch, so the game ran perfectly fine. But it's not like people are missing much...Mafia III has a good story and great characters, but it's a horribly boring gameplay loop where you're doing the same shit over and over again so it wasn't a great game to begin with. The real shame is how Mafia II's remaster was treated and apparently was never fixed.

• Like 2

God of War 2018 - took many breaks from it, so everything is confusing, don't know what to do, or where to go or how to navigate nor how to play it now, and lack the motivation to revisit it... | EDIT: Platinum earned.  It wasn't too bad, you should go for if you put it off yourself.

Shenmue 3 - all I have left for the Plat are Herb collection and I don't have the will power to do it... | EDIT: 😭

Assassin's Creed III - Jesus Christ...  What an awful list it has... | EDIT: Almost have the Platinum for this now, but it has been a rough ride... | EDIT 2: Platinum Earned; it's as bad as you heard it'll be.

96.33% COMPLETION on account - would be nice to hit 100% but those 3 games, plus Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Brutal playthroughs and DLC speedrunning I can't be arsed with... | EDIT: 98.25% | EDIT 2: UC1 100% complete.

Edited by J-S_93
Updated
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I managed to plat it and holy fuck was it hard work (physically) I feel like I can run a marathon now ?.