What is your most doable PS4 platinum trophy that you will never get?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

the first game that comes to mind for me would be Grand Theft Auto V. although I have assisted friends on their grind to platinum this game, just the thought of "investing" such hours online to grind it for myself, especially since it becomes somewhat repetitive for my liking, puts this on my list.

2 hours ago, Incognito_D said:

Destiny 2. Tried it out back in 2020. Had no real idea what was going on. (and since then I've heard they've actually made things even worse for new players, by removing old story content)
But yeah, can't see me ever going back to it.

This is sad to read because as a huge Destiny 2 fan it just reaffirms that the game is absolutely ruined. During the Forsaken expansion Destiny 2 was at its absolute peak and I would have recommended it to anyone, but for new and returning players absolutely not. Heard Lightfall  sucks too because Bungie decided to stretch out the story in another expansion when originally they wanted Lightfall to tie up all the loose ends. They should just wrap up Destiny 2 and make Destiny 3. The game can barely remain online as it is with all the server disruptions anyway.

Resident Evil Village, just because of the trophy for getting S rank in all the mercenaries missions. Normally I would take the time to figure out the levels, and keep trying until I unlocked the trophy, but I found this mode so boring and not fun that I would start to get a headache. I just said screw it and quit. I really enjoyed all the main game trophies, and I think it's a bummer Capcom added that mode on and had it tied to the platinum. I hope they only do single player trophies in future games.

Edited by blake__306

Fall Guys - Don’t care about playing the game anymore. I heard Infallible is much easier to get now but I’ve had my fun and moved on.

RDR2 - Cannot be bothered grinding through the game’s online trophies. And it broke my patience trying to 100% it. The first Rockstar game I gave up 100%ing the single player.

Call of Cthulhu - Game is absolute trash, went into this thinking I’d get a good follow up from Dark Corners of the earth, got a much inferior product. The rest of the trophies I’m missing are very easy to get but I’d rather take the hit on completion than play this trash game again.

Kingdom Hearts series - I refuse to play the trash gummi ship mini games and get the trophies associated with it. At this point I’m done with the series and will not buy KH4. Series peaked at 2 and became worse from there.

Borderlands series - I played them for the purpose of coop with mates, I do not care about trophy hunting for them as I personally cannot stand playing these games solo as I feel it’s not the full experience.

Tekken 7 - Went into this as someone who hasn’t played a fighting game since Tekken 3, which I played through button mashing as a kid lol. Was overwhelmed with the lack of tutorial and the movelists. Even though the plat asks for little I’ve had my go and moved on.

36 minutes ago, blake__306 said:

Resident Evil Village, just because of the trophy for getting S rank in all the mercenaries missions. Normally I would take the time to figure out the levels, and keep trying until I unlocked the trophy, but I found this mode so boring and not fun that I would start to get a headache. I just said screw it and quit. I really enjoyed all the main game trophies, and I think it's a bummer Capcom added that mode on and had it tied to the platinum. I hope they only do single player trophies in future games.

As someone who got the plat for that game Mercenaries definitely sucked, but I’ve heard the DLC characters make the mode extremely trivial so I suggest you use them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Woodsteel95 said:

As someone who got the plat for that game Mercenaries definitely sucked, but I’ve heard the DLC characters make the mode extremely trivial so I suggest you use them.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that! I may get this plat yet, and who knows might go for the PS5 version if I'm successful.

I can't think of any on the PS4, but on the PS3 a few come to mind:

Infamous

Lollipop Chainsaw

Wet

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

And on the Vita, Assassin's Creed Liberation.

I think I've platinumed pretty much all the games on PS4 that have a platinum.  I think.  I'll have to look.  None come to mind anyway. 

• Like 1

Watch_Dogs

The grind is a bit to much, but even without that grind the drinking is a pain in the butt

Destiny 2

They changed two of the raids trophies to nightmare diffculty dungeons when they removed the raids. and I'm never grinding for a month or two again just to be able to get two trophies

Edited by Ambalrith

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2022 at 3:36 PM, RicosTrophyHunt said:

All the FIFA games before FIFA 21. The online is either closed or dead on them and they all have online trophies (I don't play FIFA on this account, just my main account)

yea i'll 2nd that  all the bs with online and fifa15   score from the ground

max payne 3 and pretty much stuff with online pvp trophys

Edited by darthadi

On 20/03/2023 at 11:19 AM, Incognito_D said:

Destiny 2. Tried it out back in 2020. Had no real idea what was going on. (and since then I've heard they've actually made things even worse for new players, by removing old story content)

would of thought destiny 2 would be easy   back in the day you had to complete trials   now the trophy changed to meet xur

Good question.

Easy answer for me is Fortnite, easy as shit but I don't know if I have the time commitment now that I'm halfway through high school and have considerably more responsibilities. 2021 me probably would've went for and got its plat.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is another one, the leaderboard trophy is incredibly tedious and I'm not big into racing games / car sims. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon.

• Like 1

Mortal Kombat X; I find MK11 more appealing in most areas and I've already got the plat for that, so I don't think I'll ever muster up the motivation for X.

Dead Rising 4 too; I played the game at a relative's house and I found it dreadfully boring compared to 1&2, and I'm already having a hard time trying find time to plat those.

On 20.3.2023 at 0:19 PM, Incognito_D said:

So glad I never started that game because of this. Shame because it did look interesting but for me it's another reason games should stop giving such grindy online trophies. I'm ok with a grind as long as it's offline.

Saying that my least likely to get platinum is probably Dynasty Warriors 8 or Nobunaga's Ambition purely because of the offline grinds I'd have to pull off. I always see those games as something fun to go back to now and then but never focus on the trophies.

For a platinum that I think will always be too hard for me: Amplitude. I was good at the game once but going back to it I'd have to relearn everything and I'm afraid my reflexes just aren't up to the challenge anymore.

Edited by StandSilent

Probably Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy for me. Really enjoyed the game back on Xbox Original.

Tried going for the platinum a few years ago, pretty straight forward completion but the later QTEs are pretty annoying on hard and can be really repetitive redoing the same ones trying to correct mistakes. it was bringing down my enjoyment of the game so gave up on it.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:51 PM, Jeanoltt said:

Marvel's Spiderman. I know I'm in a minority but it's extremely repetitive and it bored me a lot. Maybe one day I'll finish it.

Same here, Don't know why I even got the game since I'm not into Spiderman. pretty sure I have a very easy plat here. 

I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption 2.  I would have to redo about half of the missions to get the top rank, then hunt down hundreds of hummingbirds and other animals.  I'm confident I could do it on a deserted island, but I've got too many other games I've bought to dedicate that kind of time.

A lot of the Assassin's Creed games have the same requirements for me, but I'm chipping away at those slowly.