One Careful Owner not unlocking

Troz

The description for "One Careful Owner" is: Travel a total of fifty miles in one vehicle.

I have traveled 50 miles overall in the Roller GL300 during playing Joe's Adventures. This was playing through the whole story, so I was swapping vehicles and thing constantly.

When it didn't unlock, I got in the Delizia Grandeamerica (DLC exclusive car) and travelled 50 miles without getting in any other vehicles. I only stopped to repair my car, get gas, pay a few speeding ticket, and repair my engine once. It still didn't unlock at that point.

Yes, I travelled a few miles over 50 to make sure it unlocked, it did not. Any help?

25 minutes ago, Troz said:

The description for "One Careful Owner" is: Travel a total of fifty miles in one vehicle.

I have traveled 50 miles overall in the Roller GL300 during playing Joe's Adventures. This was playing through the whole story, so I was swapping vehicles and thing constantly.

When it didn't unlock, I got in the Delizia Grandeamerica (DLC exclusive car) and travelled 50 miles without getting in any other vehicles. I only stopped to repair my car, get gas, pay a few speeding ticket, and repair my engine once. It still didn't unlock at that point.

Yes, I travelled a few miles over 50 to make sure it unlocked, it did not. Any help?

Try doing it in the main game and maybe in a generic car? Best I can think up it is a main game trophy

• Like 2

Hello everybody! I have figured it out (if you're reading this thread from the future, hello!) and earned the trophy.

So I thought to myself, why wouldn't the trophy have popped? Here are some of the reasons I came up with:

• It was a DLC car
  • I was playing in a DLC
  • I stopped to pay tickets
  • I stopped by the mechanics to fix up my scratches

So I wanted to have a full run while I fixed all of those. During the main story, using the Roller GL300, didn't get out of my car ONCE, didn't go to the mechanics. All I did was stop for gas twice. And sure enough, it worked. It probably didn't work because of the DLC reasons. If you're having trouble with this in the future, good luck!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

It was almost certainly because you did it in the DLC instead of the main game. In the main game you just have to pick a vehicle, take it to your garage so it is saved as yours, and now if anything unfortunate happens to your car like you have to leave it behind in a mission to grab another vehicle, it blows up, gets turned on its side, etc. It will eventually return to your garage, It might take you doing another mission or exiting and reloading the game, but it will come back. On the screen in the garage to select the car it will provide a running total of how many miles it has been driven. I lost track of my primary car several times during the playthrough and had to retrieve it from the garage, but it popped when it hit 50. Do note, if you die in the course of your car being destroyed or after your car is destroyed, any miles gained since you last had a save point will be lost.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

I just got it thanks to a bug, as well as "Pedal to the Metal". I was on chapter 7, driving Eddie's car when I somehow ended up falling out of the map underneath the road. "Pedal to the Metal" immediately popped, then I checked the games stats and kilometers were indeed registered while falling. I left the game running for two hours or so and trophy popped.

Update: the bug appeared a second time exactly at the same spot on the map. I had to take a detour and turn left when leaving Joe's place to get rid of this.

Edited by walafc0
  • Like 1