Got error 3 even after waiting 10 mins

Daniel-ECB

Hi, well i decided to try the multiplayer and got that error, googled and the fix says press continue then wait 10 mins in the main screen menu then press start, i did that 2 times, and even with my secondary account (different region) The servers are dead or there is another fix?

5 hours ago, RicosTrophyHunt said:

Batman Arkham Origins To Shut Down Multiplayer Servers | CBR

This was an article from 2016, so I think the servers are closed unfortunately

EDIT: I see people have gained some of the online trophies recently so maybe they aren't closed.

Yeah that's why i tried online but got that error, some people say that 10 min fix but 'till now doesn't work

I haven’t played multiplayer in this game for a couple of months, but last time I had no problem finding matches.

I guess it’s a matter of you continuing to try your luck. Sooner or later the game will let you access the servers.

It’s a common problem that you have encountered… and considering the state of abandonment of these servers, it’s a miracle that, when you do manage to enter, all the games work so well; no lag or disconnections.

• Like 1

On 24.1.2022 at 9:25 AM, Desavenencia said:

I haven’t played multiplayer in this game for a couple of months, but last time I had no problem finding matches.

I guess it’s a matter of you continuing to try your luck. Sooner or later the game will let you access the servers.

It’s a common problem that you have encountered… and considering the state of abandonment of these servers, it’s a miracle that, when you do manage to enter, all the games work so well; no lag or disconnections.

That's one of the thing that's confusing me. Supposedly the servers are down and yet people still earn mp trophies legit. Also I what you say about it being a common problem I've heard several times. I would really like to try to play this game but all those infos just confuse me wether I'll be able to get all online trophies or not.

29 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

That's one of the thing that's confusing me. Supposedly the servers are down and yet people still earn mp trophies legit. Also I what you say about it being a common problem I've heard several times. I would really like to try to play this game but all those infos just confuse me wether I'll be able to get all online trophies or not.

The servers are still up, they just suck to high heaven.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers are still up, they just suck to high heaven.

That's good to know. I only got interested in this game around the time server closure was initially bound to happen and was too worried to try it out because of unobtainable trophies. But if there are still obtainable albeit with terrible servers I might want to check it out. If I can find it on the store that is. I only see the Knighfall Bundle. Is that the main game now?

Thanks for the feedback btw.^^

10 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

That's good to know. I only got interested in this game around the time server closure was initially bound to happen and was too worried to try it out because of unobtainable trophies. But if there are still obtainable albeit with terrible servers I might want to check it out. If I can find it on the store that is. I only see the Knightfall Bundle. Is that the main game now?

Thanks for the feedback btw.^^

No idea I'm afraid, because I haven't looked into it for a while. Retail copies should be dirt cheap now on Ebay so here's no need to pay the inflated PS Store prices :).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No idea I'm afraid, because I haven't looked into it for a while. Retail copies should be dirt cheap now on Ebay so here's no need to pay the inflated PS Store prices :).

Thanks for the input. Since I relocated to a different continent the retail copy would end up being more expensive however if you consider the shipping charges I'm afraid.XD

3 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

Some skins and challenge maps. That’s all. The main game isn’t included.

Thanks for the info. Bummer though as I can't seem to find the main game on the PS3 store then. Guess I'll have to research things more.

It's more like 30 minutes.  I let it sit on the main Online screen for 30 min on my PS3 and it has always let me in.

On PSNow, this can't be done as it will kick a player out of the game entirely after 10 min of inactivity.  So the only choice there is to spam the X button for who knows how long.

• 2 months later...

I got this game today and unfortunally I also ran into this problem. Trying to see if the 30 minute approach works. But in the meantime I have another question. Would I always have to wait these 30 minutes or is there a way to circumvent this if another player invites you into their lobby? Just curious as I'm a complete noob in this game.

Also does it have to be exactly 30 minutes or can I wait more than 30 mins?

Edited by Ivotas

34 minutes today. It seems like the severs are indeed consistent, some sort of throttling mechanism or something. I just log on, press x on the first error and wait. I tried at 23 minutes, no luck, stopwatch got to 34 minutes, boom, worked

• 3 weeks later...
On 1.4.2022 at 5:42 PM, Overlord_644 said:

Your best bet is to join a boosting session because its such a pain in the ass to get people logged in at the same time and also have them working in conjunction with one another for the trophies, we hold regular sessions (usually 2-4 per week) here: https://discord.gg/jPpUnNBE

As far as Error 3 goes, yes you will have to do this every time you want to get online.

A lot of people have a lot of different methods. Here's what I do:

Try to log in and get Error 3 message. I clear the message with X and then it loads the MP start screen, I wait on this screen for 15 minutes and press start to try and connect again. If I get Error 3 again I repeat the process but next time I only wait 5 minutes before I try logging in. Then I just keep trying every five minutes until I get in. The average time it takes is 25 to 30 minutes. I always get in eventually. You don't need to be precise with it, down to the minute and second, but waiting longer doesn't hurt or harm your chances of getting in.

NOTE: Do not wait on the Error 3 message warning, its a waste of time and can take as long as an hour before it decides to connect. Make sure you wait on the screen that says Batman: Arkham Origins Online Press START button

Some people spam it until it connects, but I'd rather wait it out rather than mashing a button

How can i join the discord? The link doesnt work anymore.

I dont have a single multiplayer trophy yet and would like to get it done ASAP

Edited by PETMAN3000

My advice to anyone who is a trophies hunter focus on 100% . Don’t play a game with so much glitches that’s prevents you from 100% plus if the publisher announced the shutdown for a game & don’t shut it down do yourself a favor & don’t start it unless if you have a free time & just be fast as a hell .

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Its 32 mins for the timer NOT 10 mins. Whoever has posted 10 mins is wrong. 32 is the average. 

30ish minutes being the average doesn't mean 10m is "wrong". Personally, it took me around 15m every time I logged in, as you know :)