Is it worth it to come back to this game?

I picked up this game back in the autumn of 2020, and I unlocked Coda on New Year's Eve of the same year. However, after grinding out Coda for a good 4 months (on weekends), I got frustrated and quit with a PB of 2-4.

Granted, I did make it harder on myself by not using phasing, and by using a PS4 controller. I was also doing this on Pre-DLC. But in the end, I really wanted to play other games like ARK and Red Dead Redemption 2. However, I've been seeing a lot of people get insane speed runs in Necrodancer, as well as Coda clears. This makes me want to get back into the game. So should I come back to getting a Coda clear? Or should I focus on getting 100% completion in RDR2 and Hollow Knight?

Also, I do not plan on ever completing Lowest of the Low. It's just too unfun.

• Like 1

On 23/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, Benji_Yokai said:

I picked up this game back in the autumn of 2020, and I unlocked Coda on New Year's Eve of the same year. However, after grinding out Coda for a good 4 months (on weekends), I got frustrated and quit with a PB of 2-4.

Granted, I did make it harder on myself by not using phasing, and by using a PS4 controller. I was also doing this on Pre-DLC. But in the end, I really wanted to play other games like ARK and Red Dead Redemption 2. However, I've been seeing a lot of people get insane speed runs in Necrodancer, as well as Coda clears. This makes me want to get back into the game. So should I come back to getting a Coda clear? Or should I focus on getting 100% completion in RDR2 and Hollow Knight?

Also, I do not plan on ever completing Lowest of the Low. It's just too unfun.

focus on hk which is a shorter platinum (by the way it is the best game in history) and make runs little by little, when you finish it focus on coda and use rdr2 as a way to de-stress, good luck

• 1 year later...

Took me seven months till I was able to get my first clear with Coda, I would recommend using the Phasing mode as it makes it so much easier to complete floors and gear up for certain bosses, You do not need to speedrun on Coda so take as much time as you need however you still to need to be somewhat fast to avoid the song ending as it has an unavoidable missed beat, Protection items and damage is important protection items let you takes hits and increased damage makes it, so you can finish off monsters faster, You can use the walls in Phasing as a saferoom and can be used to delay certain monsters adding an extra beat to them, what I like to do is aggro the miniboss and just let it dig its way to me then I kill it and do some kiting till I have enough space to get in the exit stairs, zone five is extremely easy it has a lot of space for you to work with, and it's very easy to find the miniboss room, the songs are very slow so for once the offbeat is going to save you from dropping the beat, the boss you want to fight early is King Konga his later stages are a pain to defeat, Death metal and Fortissimole are the easiest bosses, so you want to fight them near the end, Coral Riff and Deep Blues play out the same as stage one as long as you have two damage. Good Luck!

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 3