PS4 games appearing as PS3 and can't be viewed

Shadowsnake777

Hi all i'm in need of some help. I've been searching around for a while but I can't find any information on whats happening to me.

I logged onto my ps5 this morning and when I went into my trophy list all of the ps4 games images had a corrupted image and the symbol next to them was the ps3 symbol rather then the ps4 one. I went onto my profile and while their image was still there the trophy information was grayed out and I can't access their trophies at all. All of my ps5 games are fine and don't have this issue.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and does anyone know of a way to fix this?
thanks!

• Like 2

Yup, Sony's to blame here. Friends on the east and west coast of the US currently have the same problem.

I'd suggest everyone to not attempt to pop any trophies until this is resolved, as it may end up being unable to sync or glitching the trophy outright.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

My trophies are displaying fine in offline mode but once i go online my trophy numbers are fine(i can still tell what my last few games were by how many trophies i earned) but everything else is out of whack. Its still displaying fine on my vita though but on ps4 everything is blank.

Same here, and PSNP says "can't update due to maintenance". Got scared a bit but hopefully Sony will fix their shit and won't glitch any trophies I earned during this fuck up.

edit: somehow I managed to sync the trophies (trophy) through the notification and it correctly added its value to trophy level, I noticed that because I just leveled up :) Also offline mode works and so does online mode on PS3, it even syncs properly.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1

Amusingly, trophies are working perfectly fine on the Vita! You can view your synced trophies on PSN with no issue.

1 minute ago, coaltrain555 said:

Fixed! it seems to be displaying ok now.

I can confirm this as well, now working again on PS4.

Edited by SegaJAM

The fact that you couldn't view PS4 games on the PS5 is proof Sony couldn't give a flying fuck about anything that's more than a couple years old. Meanwhile you can still use PS Now on the PS5 but you can't view any PS3 or Vita games, only by manually updating your trophy progress and viewing that on this website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

The fact that you couldn't view PS4 games on the PS5 is proof Sony couldn't give a flying fuck about anything that's more than a couple years old. Meanwhile you can still use PS Now on the PS5 but you can't view any PS3 or Vita games, only by manually updating your trophy progress and viewing that on this website.

What are you talking about? The issue was on the PS4 as well, a console that is still in production and has exclusive games planned for the next year. Sony messed up with backwards compatibility before, mostly because of Cell architecture of the PS3, but now it seem to taking it legacy seriously considering the lastest news and rumors.

Just now, czDante92 said:

What are you talking about? The issue was on the PS4 as well, a console that is still in production and has exclusive games planned for the next year. Sony messed up with backwards compatibility before, mostly because of Cell architecture of the PS3, but now it seem to taking it legacy seriously considering the lastest news and rumors.

I never had this issue. Everything synced and worked fine on my end.