how hard is this game to get platinum?

As CasaDeBen said, it is time-consuming, PVP did indeed get released recently, and Binding Coil is "hard" (there are guides and suggestions for it now that people finally managed to start passing it though). Anyways, it'll take at least 6 months (if I recall correctly) to earn the platinum due to 1000 levequests being a requirement (and guildleves don't count), you can save up 100 of them though if you can't come on daily. I know mine is currently at 100 and has been for a while since I've been too lazy to use them up :P

Other than that, there are trophies for killing x amount of monsters, completing the story, doing raids/fates/guildhests, affixing materia, and doing 1000 specific things for each non-fighting class. All of these also take time, but are (kind of at least) part of the natural gameplay of the game. You can obviously grind most of them through various means too if you don't want them to come naturally.

The best way to figure out how hard it is to obtain a platinum is to obtain it yourself. The number of platinum achievers doesn't portray how hard a platinum is. For example,  Soundshapes has a pretty high platinum %, yet I hear it's a nightmare to obtain! Quantum of Solace is a nightmare to obtain (because the servers are pretty much dead), yet the platinum % is around 11% making it look completely obtainable atm (not saying you couldn't get it, it's just you'd have to make some gaming  sessions to get it at the very least).

As far as the platinum is concerned, it's just time consuming. As others have clearly stated, they recently patched in both PvP and Binding Coil, so it's finally achievable -- but the latter is genuinely the only one that may truly prove "difficult".

Personally, with the right motivation, each of the "Craft 1,000" can be grinded out in under three hours TOPS for each one, assuming you just want to Quick Synthesize the cheaper materials; could be a little more time if you can't afford the shards.

As long as you push the main quest and don't forget to do your Guildhests and Levequests, you'll be fine. And with the recent addition of the Roulette, you'll find yourself doing instances quite often (once you can access them from the main quest); Low-Level Roulette will be your friend when grinding EXP for your combat classes.

To further comment on the Levequest allowances: you're given 3 every 12 hours, meaning you get 6 a day. You can allow these to stack (I have on two separate occasions), but they cap off at 100. This means that you'll hit from 0 to cap within 16 days of inactivity. You feel like going on vacation, feel free to use up your allowances before doing so. Preferably on Fieldcraft or Tradecraft Levequests (Combat Levequests aren't quite worth their reward).

It's mostly just a timesink as stated.

I wish Binding Coil was the hardest part for me. Personally the 1000 FATEs is the only wall for my platinum >_<

Well... that and logging in on my PS3 to unlock all my trophies.

The majority of the trophies involved crafting/gathering 1000 times which is fairly easy. Just takes money.

Also I'm glad I had done 3k leves back in 1.0. The 1k leve trophy popped up the moment I did my first levequest in 2.0 on my PS3 :D

• 3 months later...

i was looking at the trophy list and i saw that only 3 people have it platinum! is it a hard and time consuming platinum?

Now 145 :)

The only hard trophy in the game is "Seeker of Truth"  the other trophies you can do it legitimately, simply lose enough hours :)

See this link if you want help http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/trophy/68657-Seeker-of-Truth.html 

I'll need to try turn 5 on PS4 sometime.

Trophy was bugged on PS3. I cleared it 10+ times before 2.2 came out and it NEVER unlocked.

The atma items certainly helped towards my fates though. As soon as the BCoB one finally unlocks (doesn't look like it's bugged on PS4 thankfully) I'll only need maybe 80 fates to plat.

• 4 months later...

I'll need to try turn 5 on PS4 sometime.

Trophy was bugged on PS3. I cleared it 10+ times before 2.2 came out and it NEVER unlocked.

The atma items certainly helped towards my fates though. As soon as the BCoB one finally unlocks (doesn't look like it's bugged on PS4 thankfully) I'll only need maybe 80 fates to plat.

what trophy was bugged, and is it still ?

the reason is the subscription isn't it...

i thought the subcription was the biggest issue with finishin this game because you have to buy a subcription for a certain amount of months after the initial free one runs out, which most ppl would be put off by...

so you could either get it and try to finish it before the free subcription expires or you pay for the extra fees after and carry on playin it... sure i read that on somethin

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

What is the longest  part of this platinum ? its estimated 600 hours.

Is it leveling ? Gearing up for binding coil or the levelquests/fates ? Im just curious where the 600 + hours comes from mostly

i think its An Adventurer's Life; complete 1000 levequest. this platinum will take at least 6 months to platinum is because of this trophy. You earn 3 allowances every 12 hours, 6 allowances a day. You can only accept a levequest with an allowance. it might have change now since all the patches and for more casuals.

edit: i personally spent 600+hrs and i wouldnt have platted game still, u easily spend way more time on mmmrpg games like this. im on PC though, so no trophies but yeah if i ever buy the console version i get the trophies instant.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 2 weeks later...

Not that hard, Coils of Bahamut may give people some trouble, mainly finding a party that is determined to do it as much as you.  Can also look into joining a FC that does raids often, I did T5 with my FC which we managed to do it on our second try (I have had many fails before that, both in DF and PF).  It's more time consuming if anything, expect to spend a lot of time if you want to platinum this game.

What is the longest part of this platinum ? its estimated 600 hours.

Is it leveling ? Gearing up for binding coil or the levelquests/fates ? Im just curious where the 600 + hours comes from mostly

Gearing up for the Coil doesn't take long at all now. It will have to be done end-game of course, but the average ilvl is 82, doesn't take that long if you are a regular at dungeons, CT/ST. I say it only has took me maybe 40 hours into end-game to complete the first coil. That seems like a lot, but it is a lot of time reduced compared to what you used to have to do. The Coil will require practice, skill and knowing your class. Also, it's more like 500+ hours if you have a good idea in what you are doing.

Edited by DEMON

• 9 months later...