New trophy hunter after 13 years!

Closeupgamer

I originally got a PS3 in 2009 and have owned every system since. I have picked up a few platinums along the way but since getting my PS5 last month I've had the urge to go hunting for trophies, especially since finally taking a look at the huge backlog of games.

I have had my kids and some friends download games that I'm not even interested in on my account so have 1 trophy in games like mortal Kombat and injustice league I'm never going to play

However I also have a ton of games I like that I started and never went back to

I know that the task ahead is huge and some of it like the PS3 trophies I'll never get as I don't have one (might get a vita though).. although I have PSnow so that could clear a few trophies.

I don't want gaming to be unfun but Im thinking finishing games I actually started might be good times ahead. And I'm not interested in easy plats unless it's a game I actually like (terminator salvation aside lol) 1st trophy and was a slog.

So many games though.. what to do 1st? And any advice on clearing the backlog.

Happy hunting to me and to all!!

10 minutes ago, Closeupgamer said:

So many games though.. what to do 1st? And any advice on clearing the backlog.

If you plan to get a huge % completion rate, and that you didnt get so much trophies (1400 total ... with over 4000 in backlog), with only 3 ultra rare trophies (so not a big loss), maybe start a fresh account for trophy hunting ? Ôô

It really depends on your personnal goal as a trophy hunter :) (completion ? rarity ? most platinums ? most trophies ? most games played ?  something else ? :D )

Good luck with your new project of trophy hunting, have fun with it ;) 

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

Welcome mate ?

Always great to have a new hunter in the field!

You've got a heck of a backlog there for sure, but some real bangers on the list, and it's so riddled with great gaming fun that working through it will be a tremendously fun challenge!

There's certainly some on there I'd say are somewhat lost causes - if you install the PSNP+ script, you'll easily be able to see which ones have unobtainable trophies, but there are certainly some others you have that are both relatively simple S-Ranks, and fantastic games!

Personally, for a quick boost of completion rate, and some awesome gaming fun, I'd recommend looking at these to start with:

Superhot

Bioshock

Bioshock Infinite

Limbo

Machinarium

Ico

Guacamelee

Gavity Rush

Hotline Miami

Dishonoured

inFamous First Light

Transistor

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Persona 5

Unravel

The Unfinished Swan

Most of those are fairly straightforward, and a some of them are pretty quick S-Ranks - but all are great fun and interesting game!

Good luck??

• Like 1

If you're really into games that are heavy on story and lighter on gameplay, which seems like it might be the case since you completed Life is Strange, I really enjoyed Until DawnEverybody's Gone to the Rapture, and Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

You'll probably need a guide to get the platinum in any of them, but I wouldn't consider any of them hard. Since it seems you've already played through Until Dawn, you can probably focus on the guide and less on the story. For EGTTR, you can definitely still take in the story as you follow a guide. For Valiant Hearts, you may need a guide to collect all of the historical items, but I found myself focusing a lot more on the story, music, and art style even with a guide.

Keep in mind, if you don't like the stories of those games, you probably won't enjoy going through them for the trophies.

Thanks for the welcome all ?

Yeah I don't care so much about overall completion rate than just the number of plats and ultra rares

Decided I'm going to focus on 1 PS3, 1 PS4 and 1 ps5 game at a time. Getting a vita next week to work on that backlog too

I figure if It takes me a couple of years o can make a significant dent through PSnow 

Currently working on Uncharted PS3, the last don't starve trophy for PS4 and demon's souls on ps5 

The list above are great suggestions. I still own or have access to over 100 of the 135 games listed . While multiplayer trophies may be unobtainable and some dlc particularly on PS3.. I reckon 2 years should see me right with a strategic plan.

Thanks all

• Like 2