Fallout 3 and New Vegas Remasters?

fizl406

2 minutes ago, fizl406 said:

Do you think there is any chance getting Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas Remastered for PS4 and PS5? I think of buying these games but I dont like playing on PS3.. 

So what do you think?

Since Bethesda got bought by Microsoft, zero chance.

• Like 1

The remasters are the PC versions of the games, at least on there people created mods that fix the bugs that make them unplayable. On PS3 it's absurdly stupid that all the data to run the game is stored on the save file so if you do too much then the game becomes unplayable and you have to make a new save just to do the DLC trophies because the save file can't process enough data to run the game smoothly if you try to do the base game and DLC on the same file. 

• Like 4

Not gonna lie, I'd play the shit out of a remaster of those two on ps4 or 5 but like others have pointed out now that microsoft owns them the odds of anything happening are slim to none and even if they did it seems at this point like they would skip ps anyways. It would cost them a ton of money because most people arent gonna get an xbox just for that  but I think they are just salty of all the ps exclusive titles and finally wanted to even the odds.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Also, they're far more interested in milking Skyrim to death than they are about doing anything sensible with the Fallout Franchise so the odds of any FO remasters are zero at this point.

It’s not a matter of interest, it’s just going back to that older version of the engine and bringing everything forward is a massive pain, like 10x more work than porting Skyrim, if not more.

30 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

As both are playable on XBX via backwards compatibility I don't see MS putting any resources into bringing a remastered version of either of these games 

They’re not just playable, they go at 4k60, so yyyyeah

• Like 1

Remaster these two games is 50% development of the new game considering how huge they are and they are running on an older engine compared to fallout 4 and Skyrim. 

Skyrim was an exception because it uses the same engine as Fallout 4, so remastering it was way easier. 

so no i am sure also after Microsoft acquisition it wont 

Edited by cometowner