Cassio_Legend

Best TV for PS5?

40 posts in this topic

I want to buy a new TV and was wondering which model I should choose to get the best possible gaming experience. Any suggestions? 

Got the C1 a couple months ago and it's really good.  The other option is the A80J. 

LG CX owner here. I love the screen and it's got HDMI 2.1 connections , which PS5 ( and Xbox Series X ) also has.

i have to say stay away from hisense. i bought a 80 inch a few years ago because it was fairly cheap for its size and i just simply wanted a enormous tv. i have a security camera tv above me its a roku and both tv remotes work with each other. so if i turn one tv off, the other goes off and vice versa. on top of that i have a vizio tv nearby and same thing itll turn on so i had to put tape over the sensor. but hisense is garbage. the menu is awful. the remote is awful. my 50 inch panasonic and my 50 inch samsung smart tvs has way better picture and they are only 1080. my 4k hisense makes most things look like shit and the android software it runs off of is garbage and so is all the google crap in it that lags every action you do. you relaly have to nudge the setting alot. and then i had to go into developer settings to make a few things better. and then after all that i made the mistake of connecting the tv to the internet where it loaded tons of bloatware apps and changed all my settings. oh and the fact that it renames every setting so you dont know wtf it does or wtf you are looking for. i had to make my own guide to save my own settings so if i have to factory reset it i have it. its just a headache. a pure fucking headache. i also dont have a ps5, but a ps4 pro. and i cant even get the colors right on that. 

Edited by melodicmizery

Thanks for all the recommendations. I will look them up and decide later. 

Can never go wrong with the latest in LG's C-series OLED TVs. In this case the C1. Best bang for your buck imo.

Just FYI, Bravia TVs use LG OLED panels.

don't buy a sony tv, they're mostly made up of LG stuff anyway, best TVs are LG, i wish I had a CX,

Best TV don't exist, it depends about what you already use and what you want in terms of features you want. I personally moved some months ago from a 2009 HD panel to a Bravia XH9505 and i admit the huge difference is noticeably. There dedicated sites that have great reviews so better to check them out 🙂.

Just recently bought a Samsung TU7000. It's a phenomenal budget gaming TV and the PS5 looks amazing on it with Game Mode active but it's absolutely shit for everything else. Has probably the worst, most counter-intuitive UI of any TV I ever owned and the general picture quality for basic TV viewing is subpar no matter how much you tinker with settings. Already looking at selling it and getting something else. It was a short-notice decision to buy it to begin with. 

Before that I had an LG which was pretty good for its time but the backlight LED's burnt out on it and it was just too outdated for me to bother replacing the LED's. Also had a Sony Bravia at one point and the only real difference between Sony and LG is the price and name, quality is very similar. I'd say LG > Sony >> Samsung from my experience. Vizio, Hisense, all those Wal-Mart cheap crap brands are just that, crap. Spend the few extra hundred and get the better quality brand if you care about quality. It makes a huge difference. 

I don't know...I don't really believe in spending an insane amount of money on a TV. I have a 43" LG 4K that I spent less than $300 on and it's been the best TV I've ever had. All games look incredible on it. I don't see what spending 4 grand on TV would have done for me. 

Recently upgraded to a lg c1. Had a Samsung ks8000 prior which was also fantastic! But the c1 is fantastic!!! 

Posted (edited)

Currently not a modern Sony TV, you'll find it stuck in game mode with the Ps5's updates as they seem to not be able to get their head around VRR.

Game Mode to me has always been a washed out screen with most the features your tv can do greyed out. I know allot of people like it but I'm not a fan of "game Mode" I don't care about input lag that doesn't really exist in 2022.

Edit: Ok I'm adding this as it's the opinion of many, this is also a problem with other brand names, forced ALLM from the ps5 is causing the problem. Honestly this is a big deal and specially when switching from XBSX to PS5 (I use XBSX Youtube and Web Browser), it's like beautiful to dogshit. But more to the point a modern TV is an investment you want to work for years. This is just on the Bravia range though there are more so I recommend looking for the model you are interested in before hand. From what I can tell Sony are keeping quite with this.

Edited by Z1MZUM

On 5/25/2022 at 0:24 PM, Viper said:

I don't know...I don't really believe in spending an insane amount of money on a TV. I have a 43" LG 4K that I spent less than $300 on and it's been the best TV I've ever had. All games look incredible on it. I don't see what spending 4 grand on TV would have done for me. 

I only spent two on mine. I doubt yours supports VRR. Games like Elden Ring will look choppy.

19 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I only spent two on mine. I doubt yours supports VRR. Games like Elden Ring will look choppy.

It's a good thing I don't play From Soft games then. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's a good thing I don't play From Soft games then. 

"Games like"

As the gen goes on more and more games will push the hardware to its limit and the abilities of the TV will have to compensate.

It won't ruin your experience but it's not completely frivolous to buy a higher tier TV.

If you're happy with your set, more power to you.

Just now, mcnichoj said:

"Games like"

As the gen goes on more and more games will push the hardware to its limit and the abilities of the TV will have to compensate.

It won't ruin your experience but it's not completely frivolous to buy a higher tier TV.

If you're happy with your set, more power to you.

It's a 2018 TV (that I bought in 2019), VRR wasn't a big thing at that point, I'd just need to buy something more current and still not have to spend that kind of money on it. 

I miss the days of having the same TV for over a decade sand it worked for every new console and your only worry was "I need a bigger TV". 

On 25.5.2022 at 7:24 PM, Viper said:

You can get a great OLED tv with just a grand.

4 grand TV would be probably for a rich person who doesn't even know anything about TV's and buy it only because it was the most expensive on the store lol

if you want the best possible picture quality, you have to go with Sony TVs