How Many People Bought the Standalone Already?

How Many People Bought the Standalone Already?  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Did you buy/own the Standalone before it's PSPlus reveal?

• Yes
    • No

It caught my eye because of how cheap it was, but also because of how cheap it was I was unsure as to what it was. I looked up and saw it had a platinum but it seemed to cheap to be a full length game. I just avoided it and planned on getting it when I nothing else to play in the future.

14 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'm curious on this. As this is quite a popular DLC/Character from Borderlands and the standalone being priced cheap (even recently on sale) how many people already bought the title?

Aha fuck, literally found out it was on PS Plus because of this post.

Wouldn't say I'm annoyed that I bought a game that's going free now, more so that giving away a free £8/$10 game is a bit lame all things considered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Aha fuck, literally found out it was on PS Plus because of this post.

Wouldn't say I'm annoyed that I bought a game that's going free now, more so that giving away a free £8/$10 game is a bit lame all things considered.

Understandable honestly it would've been better I feel as a Pre-order inventive.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

It was so cheap for months. Should have known that it launching and then immediately being put on an almost permanent 50 to 80% discount was a recipe for it to end up on plus.

Edit: yes I bought it on sale already.

It's only been out for just over 2 months. It was 50% off less than a month after coming out. I had planned to buy it both times it was on sale, but it was pulled from those sales before the end. In this case procrastination saved me a few bucks. I still think it's bullshit to put a game on plus this soon after release, but I guess they managed to get some sales they wouldn't have otherwise and clearly need that $$$

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

I bought it on sale but I'm not bothered by it being a PS+ game next month. It isn't the first or undoubtedly the last time it's happened.

I'm not either. But I wanted to make this poll, since usually it's quite common response from something popular or cheap to see comments on PS Blog or Reddit that "I own it." Or "Most people have it already." So figured getting some numbers here where most of us but games quite frequently would be good.

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It's only been out for just over 2 months. It was 50% off less than a month after coming out. I had planned to buy it both times it was on sale, but it was pulled from those sales before the end. In this case procrastination saved me a few bucks. I still think it's bullshit to put a game on plus this soon after release, but I guess they managed to get some sales they wouldn't have otherwise and clearly need that $$$

Honestly I bought it when it released the first day and plan to buy Wonderlands as well. I mean I'm being hopeful but I would love to see the sales of this encourage more spin off games get made.

I bought it in December because Assault on Dragon Keep was always my favourite DLC. I never usually care if games I own are plus titles, but this one irks me a little bit because full price it’s literally £8 ? but I may be more disappointed because the other games don’t interest me this month ??‍♀️ 

Overall it’s really fun though so I hope anyone who’s curious decides to give it a go 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I bought it in December because Assault on Dragon Keep was always my favourite DLC. I never usually care if games I own are plus titles, but this one irks me a little bit because full price it’s literally £8 1f643.png but I may be more disappointed because the other games don’t interest me this month ?1f3fb.png‍♀️ 

Overall it’s really fun though so I hope anyone who’s curious decides to give it a go 

I think that's a common thing especially when a "sports" game is added, disinterest. Though Planet Coaster I'm kinda glad they are doing that for the PS5 release, it's a fantastic spiritual successor to Roller Coaster Tycoon and I hope everyone that has one enjoys it.

But I can't knock the game for its price honestly I mean at least it gives a guaranteed 20-30hrs playtime despite being a standalone dlc. We've had cheaper games given in the past on Plus that don't even come to a quarter of that playtime.

It didnt come out all that long ago and has been on sale most of that time.
That's usually a giveaway something will be on PS+ eventually.

Another example of why I would rather have indie games on PS+.
Anyone that really wanted this already has it and it's so cheap giving it away doesnt save enough money to matter.
That's usually the case with AAA games on PS+

Edited by Chaos_Culture
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

If I'd have known it was on sale cheap I probably would have, but the PS4 store is such a mess I rarely go into it unless I know something on my wish list is on sale. That said, I'd rather not pay for this since I own the content elsewhere so free on PS+ works for me (And I rarely ever redeem PS+ games)

Ugh I hear that I usually have to use the screenshot feature quite frequently to record sale in interested in due to the way sometimes the store randomly refreshes in the middle of searching their large 400+ sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos_Culture said:

Anyone that really wanted this already has it and it's so cheap giving it away doesnt save enough money to matter.

Glad to see I’m not alone with that mentality.

I usually prefer indies because chances are I’m not dropping $10 - $30 on it. This way the game gets more attention, leading to a surge in popularity and possibly support of the company in the near future.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Chaos_Culture said:

9 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Glad to see I’m not alone with that mentality.

I usually prefer indies because chances are I’m not dropping $10 - $30 on it. This way the game gets more attention, leading to a surge in popularity and possibly support of the company in the near future.

Sadly while this is good on paper and titles like Thomas Was Alone definitely is a great example of it working out well. The over exposure sometimes will kill an Indie company especially when they didn't make enough money on the title to continue to support it. Titles such as Dead Star and Dragon Fin Soup being prime examples (though yes both had other issues that also added into their failure beyond just lack of sales).

Plus as long as the Indie Titles are qualified too, I don't think anyone wants to go back to the pre 2014/2015 ps plus where some Indie titles were of questionable quality to be given free.

Edited by Lord_Bane999