Be Careful With Save Transferring

26 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Hey everyone. I was lucky enough to play the game early and wanted to give some warnings and whatnot about the save transfer stuff and auto popping trophies.

First of all, save transferring works so smoothly. It's just in the main menu as you load your game and it will bring up all of your PS4 saves. Trophies will start automatically popping as you load into that save, which only takes like two seconds thanks to the PS5's SSD.

However, as you might note from my trophies, not all of them automatically popped. I would imagine that many of you, like me, used chapter or encounter select for these trophies and probably didn't keep those saves. That means you will have to do those again, which shouldn't be too hard.

I also originally used the infamous 1.00 glitch to do the Crushing and speed run trophies on PS4 and it appears as though I didn't keep those saves either. I couldn't get the Crushing trophy to pop on PS5 using different methods, but I was able to use this video to get the speed run one to pop. But there is a twist since you can't delete specific saves on the PS5. So I went on PS4, did this glitch, saved at that point right after you start playing as young Drake and then transferred that save to PS5 and it automatically popped.

Thankfully, I had most of my Lost Legacy saves and it all worked relatively well, outside of a few. Thankfully, I got all of my difficulty and collectible trophies and the one where you can't shoot until chapter 5. All I have left are easy trophies (but sadly there is no platinum here for Lost Legacy this time around).

My advice would be to just load in all of your saves one by one to see what ones they trigger. Just be sure to overwrite them so you don't have a bunch of saves sitting on your PS5.

Also it would also be a good idea to back up your completed PS4 save or PS4 saves in general to a USB stick or something, just in case.

Thanks a lot. That’s gonna be really helpful.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I also originally used the infamous 1.00 glitch to do the Crushing and speed run trophies on PS4 and it appears as though I didn't keep those saves either. I couldn't get the Crushing trophy to pop on PS5 using different methods, but I was able to use this video to get the speed run one to pop. But there is a twist since you can't delete specific saves on the PS5. So I went on PS4, did this glitch, saved at that point right after you start playing as young Drake and then transferred that save to PS5 and it automatically popped.

If I understood it correctly, you used an actual PS4 for these trophies & savefiles? Shouldn't you theoretically be able to do this with a PS5 and the base 1.00 disc version?

1 minute ago, Vanqishd said:

If I understood it correctly, you used an actual PS4 for these trophies & savefiles? Shouldn't you theoretically be able to do this with a PS5 and the base 1.00 disc version?

Well, I don't have my PS4 anymore. The PS5 version of the collection lets you import your PS4 saves. It sees them pretty easily. Importing your saves will get you most of your trophies, except for the ones you got using chapter/encounter select without saving (which I assume would be many people).

Since I was able to use a glitched speed run trophy save, you should theoretically be able to use the 1.00 trick using the PS4 disc in your PS5 or PS4. You would uninstall the patches, do the glitch, keep that PS4 save, and then import into the PS5 collection.

21 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Great info thanks! I also used the 1.00 glitch. I Had a feeling that was going to cause troubles

You're welcome. As Vanqishd pointed out, if you still have the disc, you will probably be able to glitch it on the PS5, too.

39 minutes ago, ravi_singh060989 said:

Thanks a lot. That’s gonna be really helpful.

No problem! Good luck.

i figured there would be this problem in autopop, i questioned this in another thread and bingo.

Let's wait to see if you can unlock hard and crushing more easily somehow.

5 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I got the platinum on both these games years ago, but checking through my PS4 cloud storage, none of these game save files are there.....I had plus too strange.....Some games never went onto the cloud storage...

I can't remember the exact details but if you don't have PSPlus for awhile, your cloud saves get deleted.

I think this happens after 6 months without subscription.

I'm trying to find the details on a site from playstation itself since I learned of this somewhere during PS3/PSVita time.

But so far I can't find it again. Either something changed or it's a bit hidden like the 1000 savefiles limit on the cloud that makes the 100GB limit a scam.

Most savefiles are 10-30MB so 1000 of them would be somewhere around 10-30GB, far off from that 100GB...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I can't remember the exact details but if you don't have PSPlus for awhile, your cloud saves get deleted.

I'm trying to find the details on a site from playstation itself since I learned of this somewhere during PS3/PSVita time.

But so far I can't find it again. Either something changed or it's a bit hidden like the 1000 savefiles limit on the cloud that makes the 100GB limit a scam.

Most savefiles are 10-30MB so 1000 of them would be somewhere around 10-30GB, far off from that 100GB...

Now this is worrying. I have very precious ps3 game saves in the cloud. damn between the lines that go unnoticed

25 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Now this is worrying. I have very precious ps3 game saves in the cloud. damn between the lines that go unnoticed

The fact that I'm not able to find both the 6 months and the 1.000 file limit on the official playstation site within 20 minutes of spitting through the site, terms and legal things says enough about how hidden it is...

Maybe if you check on the PlayStation itself that it's better mentioned.

I can find posts about it but they link to pages on the playstation sites that no longer exist with that URL because they changed everything with the release of the PS5.

A recent post somewhere else did mention it again though:

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/392935/if-i-cancel-my-ps-plus-subscription-will-my-game-saves-that-i-uploaded-to-the-c

Edit: Or would they have changed this with the release of the PS5? The 1.000 limit is really a problem for quite a few users but I can imagine they'll still delete saves for people that went too long without subscription.

Edited by Kolm

14 minutes ago, Kolm said:

The fact that I'm not able to find both the 6 months and the 1.000 file limit on the official playstation site within 20 minutes of spitting through the site, terms and legal things says enough about how hidden it is...

Maybe if you check on the PlayStation itself that it's better mentioned.

I can find posts about it but they link to pages on the playstation sites that no longer exist with that URL because they changed everything with the release of the PS5.

A recent post somewhere else did mention it again though:

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/392935/if-i-cancel-my-ps-plus-subscription-will-my-game-saves-that-i-uploaded-to-the-c

Edit: Or would they have changed this with the release of the PS5? The 1.000 limit is really a problem for quite a few user but I can imagine they'll still delete saves for people that went too long without subscription.

thanks for your time and research.

the issue of 1000 saves/100 gb is debatable, but the fact that you pointed out is a cowardice towards those who were subscribed and will return one day. I personally have been without a subscription for a long time, and the other times this happened I didn't notice any loss of stored data, I hope it's something new or misunderstanding.

1000 saves is easily attainable by some friends of mine, some games create multiple auto saves, and the auto-upload function easily reaches that number. but that's another topic.

40 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I have been a plus member non-stop since around October 2014, when i got my PS4.

38 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Technically, they 'fixed' the 1k save file limit whilst making it messy at the same time. On the PS4, the console uploaded individual save files, the PS5 uploads one - this is why you can't delete individual files of a PS5 game, it groups them all into one package so a single game counts as one upload.

This is annoying as it means save files can get very big if the game doesn't give you the function to manually delete saves within the game itself. For example, Observer creates an autosave every time you progress, leaving you with over 1GB of save files which you can't manually delete. So, if you're low on disk space, there's nothing you can do. The PS4 version, on the other hand, is fine as you can delete older save files via the PS4 console itself.

I've asked them many times to change this but the answer is that it falls on the devs to include a save file management option - which a lot of them don't actually do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

Technically, they 'fixed' the 1k save file limit whilst making it messy at the same time. On the PS4, the console uploaded individual save files, the PS5 uploads one - this is why you can't delete individual files of a PS5 game, it groups them all into one package so a single game counts as one upload.

This is annoying as it means save files can get very big if the game doesn't give you the function to manually delete saves within the game itself. For example, Observer creates an autosave every time you progress, leaving you with over 1GB of save files which you can't manually delete. So, if you're low on disk space, there's nothing you can do. The PS4 version, on the other hand, is fine as you can delete older save files via the PS4 console itself.

I've asked them many times to change this but the answer is that it falls on the devs to include a save file management option - which a lot of them don't actually do.

Wtf, what a stupid thing to do. some Sony decisions seem to be made by an 8 year old.

5 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I got the platinum on both these games years ago, but checking through my PS4 cloud storage, none of these game save files are there.....I had plus too strange.....Some games never went onto the cloud storage...

Is there a chance you have the local saves? That is what I used.

Thank you so much for the information. This thread will definitely be helpful. 

Is there a way to know if our saves have the crushing difficulty and speed run trophies completed? Like if I download Uncharted 4 (PS4 version) can I know if my data saved AFTER these two trophies? I'd be very disappointed if I have to work on these two trophies again. They were a freaking nightmare.

1 hour ago, falsaai said:

Is there a way to know if our saves have the crushing difficulty and speed run trophies completed? Like if I download Uncharted 4 (PS4 version) can I know if my data saved AFTER these two trophies? I'd be very disappointed if I have to work on these two trophies again. They were a freaking nightmare.

I had a last checkpoint save of the speedrun one, I had to watch the credits to pop. Crushing & all treasures popped when transfering.

2 hours ago, falsaai said:

You're welcome. I don't know for sure if they will still pop but I would imagine they would. It appears as though they do auto pop the ones you've completed on that save. But these games have weird saving which complicates things.

Like I've said, I did all the trophies but did many through chapter select and I didn't keep those saves because why would I? And since I didn't save, the game has no local record of me doing those trophies, which explains why they didn't automatically pop.

So for UC4, I have both my original save with all trophies minus the speedrun and crushing and lower difficulty trophies.

I have a second save that I then used to pop the speedrun trophies and remaining difficulty trophies...... I'm guessing I use this save for the Save Transfer as it is effectively my new game plus save with everything on it, or my "Platinum save"

Why exactly is there even a trophy list existing for this game? They should have just merged the trophy list with the existing games on ps4 like they did with borderlands 2 for ps3 and vita.

I know, its off topic. But, the trophy system is just so dead and useless at this point. Its better to stop this shit now and let gamers feel again what they are playing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

Why exactly is there even a trophy list existing for this game? They should have just merged the trophy list with the existing games on ps4 like they did with borderlands 2 for ps3 and vita.

I know, its off topic. But, the trophy system is just so dead and useless at this point. Its better to stop this shit now and let gamers feel again what they are playing.

If they merged then trophy hunters won't buy the game again lol

• Like 3