Data Transfer - Trophy Auto Pop

mexicanjr92

So I reached Platinum rank earlier today, and got the trophy To Greater Heights on the PS5 version of the game. Once I did, I decided to try the data transfer feature to see if it'll auto populate the trophies I had earned. Opening up the PS4 version of the game, it didn't pop the trophies immediately. 

First it'll do a data download just like the very first time opening up the game. Once that is done, the trophy for creating an account first pops but not the rest.

Next simply play a duel online. Once the duel is complete the trophies started to pop one after the other. I ended up winning the duel because the guy surrendered so I'm not sure if you could simply surrender immediately and the trophies will start popping but just finish the duel for the fun of it.

You can check the time stamps on my trophies for the PS4 version for proof. 

I am not sure if this would work for the Xbox achievements, as I do not own one, but it's worth a shot if someone has both consoles.

• Like 4

On 30.1.2022 at 2:55 AM, the_sultan999 said:

i couldn't find yugioh ps4 edition on the ps store, did you boot up your ps4 for it? because if that's the case i regret selling my ps4 </3
edit: im on my ps5's ps store and couldn't find yugioh's version of ps4

Add it with the PS-App or from a computer to your library. Should work

Playing it on my smartphone, can confirm it works there also. Reached platinum there, played a ranked match and did auto-pop on console. Most trophys don‘t track if you play on a other Version like 100k damage, special summons, etc.. 

30 Duels, Name and platinum rank are the only trophys that will auto-pop after a rank match.

Edit: Maybe other trophys count too, my ps5 trophy % for the effect damage was at 2% today after i made a bit more effect damage in a ranked duel on ps5 it was straight going up to 26%, checked my ingame stats and indeed, had 26.000 there. same with attacks on monsters.

long story short:

you can farm for this trophys on other devices and then you have to trigger it only once in a ranked duel on the ps4/ps5 and the trophy should pop

Edited by Greyforce07
  • Like 2

For those that have done this, can you double up on the Free 50 packs from PS+?

Edit: Yup you get an extra 50 card packs! Worth doing this, but be warned it will pop one of the trophies automatically, so there's no way to avoid stacking the lists. It's a good choice for those that plan to play long-term as there may be more free packs.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

For those that have done this, can you double up on the Free 50 packs from PS+?

Edit: Yup you get an extra 50 card packs! Worth doing this, but be warned it will pop one of the trophies automatically, so there's no way to avoid stacking the lists. It's a good choice for those that plan to play long-term as there may be more free packs.

Holy crap it does work. I just got an additional 50 packs. I downloaded it through my phone, and opened the game up and I did have the 50 additional packs. 

So yes if you have a PS5, then you can get a total of 100 free packs

22 hours ago, mexicanjr92 said:

Holy crap it does work. I just got an additional 50 packs. I downloaded it through my phone, and opened the game up and I did have the 50 additional packs. 

So yes if you have a PS5, then you can get a total of 100 free packs

Yh, but it‘s almost impossible to get something usefull from them. Sad we can‘t even scrap cards from Legacy Packs for shards and craft what we need….

but free is free, was lucky enough to get my 3rd „Blue Eyes White Dragon“ from a Legacy Pack. :)

• Like 2

Hello, 

I have been working on the PS4 version of master duel since its release and I am only missing the trophy of attack 100 times against monsters, which I should be half-way atm. According to my in-game statistics anyway.

I am wondering if autopop after doing one ranked match to make the trophies appear on PS5 after transferring from PS4 to PS5 still counts my platinum rank from last session for the trophy. Mainly due to the fact the PVP season has changed from season 1 to 2 and I am in gold rank now.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Groudon9000 said:

Hello, 

I have been working on the PS4 version of master duel since its release and I am only missing the trophy of attack 100 times against monsters, which I should be half-way atm. According to my in-game statistics anyway.

I am wondering if autopop after doing one ranked match to make the trophies appear on PS5 after transferring from PS4 to PS5 still counts my platinum rank from last session for the trophy. Mainly due to the fact the PVP season has changed from season 1 to 2 and I am in gold rank now.

Thank you. 

Yep, the attack 100 times will unlock on ps5 after a ranked duel.

Can‘t answer your 2nd question, reached platinum on smartphone, played 1 ranked duel on ps5 version >>> autopop, changed to ps4 version and played a ranked duel >>> autopop

I guess you have to try it.

14 hours ago, Groudon9000 said:

Hello, 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Mui-Desu said:

Just one question, if I reached the Plat now, but started the game on PS5 on the next season, it will still autopop after a ranked match? I don't have to play it the same season right? 

I started the PS4 version in the brief period between seasons and did not receive the Platinum Rank trophy. I had to climb the ranks again in season 2, which wasn't a big deal, but takes longer now since you cannot get 5 wins to skip.

• Like 1

Thanks! Can I ask how did you get to Plat so easily? I'm currently Gold V, just went down on one rank... I'm extremely salty because I'm just playing against decks that are so unfair I can't even play ONE card. I'm choosing to play a deck of my creation because I really want to have fun, but this game is so unfair I think it's time to give up... How can I make it easier?

6 hours ago, Mui-Desu said:

Thanks! Can I ask how did you get to Plat so easily? I'm currently Gold V, just went down on one rank... I'm extremely salty because I'm just playing against decks that are so unfair I can't even play ONE card. I'm choosing to play a deck of my creation because I really want to have fun, but this game is so unfair I think it's time to give up... How can I make it easier?

Yh, that‘s the bad news…. If you want to go to Platin you have to make a competitive deck and learn how to use it, there are a few really cheap and good decks.

Master Duel is focused on competitive PVP, and this what YGO looks like today. Casulas are not the target and they will have a hard time, maybe Link Evolution is the way to go if you don‘t like the 10min Turns.

there are also Events leaked like „Classic“, maybe you will have fun there if it‘s released.

I don‘t like the 10min turns either, but thats how you play YGO in 2022 and if you don‘t you will have a frustrating time. Learned Pendel/Link mechanics in Master Duel so i‘m also a casual and the first hours are overwhelming but you will get used to it and learn fast.

Edited by Greyforce07
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mui-Desu said:

I have two decks. Gravekeepers (very cheap) and Cyberdragons (expensive). They both do well, but cyber dragons is much stronger.

• Like 1

You need to be using a strong deck yeah. The wisdom in the game is if you want to use fun decks then cool, but to get more cards you need gems, and to get gems the best way to get them is to rank up so... once you get whatever your chosen top deck is, you can then use that to get you the fun decks you want to use. If you have at least crafted a bunch of staples then changing over to a budget version of a top deck is doable quickly enough. Even not at full power, there are decks that can hit platinum. 

Speaking of platinum. They removed the whole "5 straight wins in gold ranks you up instantly to platinum". A consequence of this perhaps, or maybe I've just been facing top players, is that gold does seem to be far tougher now as the top guys don't instantly get promoted to platinum. Regardless, it is very much possible to get to platinum, even non-top tier decks get there as even weaker decks can combo into powerful negate heavy boards if they go first and the other person whatever his deck doesn't stop them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, mexicanjr92 said:

So I reached Platinum rank earlier today, and got the trophy To Greater Heights on the PS5 version of the game. Once I did, I decided to try the data transfer feature to see if it'll auto populate the trophies I had earned. Opening up the PS4 version of the game, it didn't pop the trophies immediately. 

First it'll do a data download just like the very first time opening up the game. Once that is done, the trophy for creating an account first pops but not the rest.

Next simply play a duel online. Once the duel is complete the trophies started to pop one after the other. I ended up winning the duel because the guy surrendered so I'm not sure if you could simply surrender immediately and the trophies will start popping but just finish the duel for the fun of it.

You can check the time stamps on my trophies for the PS4 version for proof. 

I am not sure if this would work for the Xbox achievements, as I do not own one, but it's worth a shot if someone has both consoles.

HI I recently started the game on ps4 after getting to Plat On pc but chain blazer and ultra burst didn't pop I have those achievements on steam what do I need to do to autopop them? 

Edited by darkjjda

On 20/02/2022 at 11:51 PM, lbadplaay said:

I am in the same boat, I have all the achievements on Steam but Come Forth..., Chain Blazer, Let's Duel, Ultra Burst. Necromancer and Burn it All dit not pop after one duel...

EDIT

I got this sort of issue myself and from my experience the reason why trophies fail to autopop (outside the two that don't autopop at all, but can be done in one game) is because you need to make the game's counter for it "tick" up 1. The "Let's Duel!" I'd like to point out as the wording on it appears to be incorrect. I got worried with it when I made an attack on an enemy monster but it then didn't autopop. From what I can see the reason it didn't was because I failed to destroy the enemy monster which would mean that the trophy is actually for destroying monsters by battle, not simply declaring battle against them.

Edited by Rozalia1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the same as @Rozalia1. Seems the game doesn't have it count unless you update. However. What I also figured out is the reason this becomes a huge fucking pain is because the game seems to be tying this to your data page which you can find under your profile. Now while it's hard I can see myself beating my current 4000 damage with something else.

The REAL PROBLEM is that my record for longest chain is 6! Which means I need a chain of 7 to get the trophy for this on PS4. Which is also even more difficult because not only do you need an insane board for this. But you must also be the player to activate the 7th card in the chain. If you were happen to get the 6th card and your opponent get's the 7th you will not get this because technically you did not activate the chain of 7. So that means you need another card for the 8th. This is gonna be insane and I am not sure if I can pop this trophy ever or any time soon.

EDIT: Managed to match it in a really lucky match after about 15-20 matches. It seemed that popped it too. But any chain of 5 or lower would not pop it for me unfortunatly.

Edited by Gr4de_04

Interesting that the chain 5 or more trophy wouldn't pop unless you beat your previous score on the other version. Can't comment on if my second go around was more than the first or not... what I can comment on is the do 4000 or damage one because I'm 99% certain my first go was 6000 and my second was 4000 (could have gone higher but as people quit before the finishing blow so annoyingly often I went with it), so you shouldn't need to beat your first score to get it.

Okay I tried the same thing on Steam where I also have it linked and there it did pop with a chain of 5 even though my record was 6. So I'm not sure if its bugged or maybe it something with the version or the data itself? I dunno. But i guess its not a 100% you have to beat your record then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.2.2022 at 1:39 AM, Greyforce07 said:

Yh, but it‘s almost impossible to get something usefull from them. Sad we can‘t even scrap cards from Legacy Packs for shards and craft what we need….

but free is free, was lucky enough to get my 3rd „Blue Eyes White Dragon“ from a Legacy Pack. :)

So is it better to save the 100 pack currency for something more useful in the future? Or just buy the "useless" packs?

On 22/03/2022 at 10:33 PM, servus99 said:

So is it better to save the 100 pack currency for something more useful in the future? Or just buy the "useless" packs?

The tickets are only for the legacy packs so you should feel free to use them up safely. You are unlikely to get anything useful to you as the odds are real bad, but who knows, you might get lucky.