Speedrun Glitch still working?

I saw that there was a Speedrun glitch in Uncharted 4 (it's explained in detail in the Uncharted 4 trophy guide). As far as I know you didn't have to play the game again, there was a workaround with save files or something like that.

If anyone knows if this still works it would be great if you could tell me ?

Edited by anotherfangirl

10 hours ago, falsaai said:

According to this thread by @Chaos_Bladez, this still works but you need to do it on PS4 version of the game.

There's quite a bit of confusion going about on this.

What I take away is that it 'doesnt work on this game' which is the Legacy of Thieves Collection!

But, it works on the original Uncharted 4 game by itself, but it was patched so you need a way of avoiding patches.

Legacy of Thieves Collection allows you to transfer saves from the original standalone Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy games, that's how players are doing this (or does it??? Seems I'm as confused as well xD)

They're NOT USING THE GLITCH on this game (Legacy of Thieves Collection), they're actually transferring saves from the old standalone games where the GLITCHES COULD WORK.

I'm not sure if I'm right as I say, a lot of confusion going as every1 keeps saying PS4 version, but do they mean the OLD STANADLONE games or the new LEGACY OF THIEVES COLLECTION?

We need to be specific as a lot of players read who never played the originals or keep up with all info and things can be misinterpreted if not specifically laid out.

Hope that clears things up a bit and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Edited by Optinooby

10 hours ago, falsaai said:

According to this thread by @Chaos_Bladez, this still works but you need to do it on PS4 version of the game.

Thread doesn't mention or at least I didn't see any posts elaborating if you can do this glitch using the ps4 version on a PS5. The glitch works on patch 1.33 which was the latest version unless they updated it again with the rebranding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Thread doesn't mention or at least I didn't see any posts elaborating if you can do this glitch using the ps4 version on a PS5. The glitch works on patch 1.33 which was the latest version unless they updated it again with the rebranding.

1.33 for the PS4 legacy of Thieves Collection or 1.33 on Uncharted 4 PS4 from years ago?? And is that the Legacy of Thieves PS4 version on a PS5, or the PS5 version??

Legacy of Thieves can't be on 1.33 already can it, it's just been released??

There are 3 versions being spoken about in these threads and it's very difficult to tell what specific versions are being referred to xD.

1 - Uncharted 4 (2016).

2 - Uncharted 4 (2022, Legacy of Thieves Collection PS4).

3 - Uncharted 4 (2022, Legacy of Thieves Collections PS5).

Words are being used in these threads that point to all 3, yet no versions are actually directly specified, no wonder so many threads on all this xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

1.33 for the PS4 legacy of Thieves Collection or 1.33 on Uncharted 4 PS4 from years ago?? And is that the Legacy of Thieves PS4 version on a PS5, or the PS5 version??

Legacy of Thieves can't be on 1.33 already can it, it's just been released??

There are 3 versions being spoken about in these threads and it's very difficult to tell what specific versions are being referred to xD.

1 - Uncharted 4 (2016).

2 - Uncharted 4 (2022, Legacy of Thieves Collection PS4).

3 - Uncharted 4 (2022, Legacy of Thieves Collections PS5).

Words are being used in these threads that point to all 3, yet no versions are actually directly specified, no wonder so many threads on all this xD

1 hour ago, StanPortrBridges said:

So it's for the 2016 version, doesn't work on the 2022 version itself?? unless you save transfer from 2016 to 2022??

This thread is on the 2022 version page, but that one you linked is for the 2016 version........

I'm still confused xD

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

There's quite a bit of confusion going about on this.

What I take away is that it 'doesnt work on this game' which is the Legacy of Thieves Collection!

But, it works on the original Uncharted 4 game by itself, but it was patched so you need a way of avoiding patches.

Legacy of Thieves Collection allows you to transfer saves from the original standalone Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy games, that's how players are doing this (or does it??? Seems I'm as confused as well xD)

They're NOT USING THE GLITCH on this game (Legacy of Thieves Collection), they're actually transferring saves from the old standalone games where the GLITCHES COULD WORK.

I'm not sure if I'm right as I say, a lot of confusion going as every1 keeps saying PS4 version, but do they mean the OLD STANADLONE games or the new LEGACY OF THIEVES COLLECTION?

We need to be specific as a lot of players read who never played the originals or keep up with all info and things can be misinterpreted if not specifically laid out.

Hope that clears things up a bit and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Ok I can speak to this.

There were two speedrunning glitches. One was quickly patched out and also unlocked other trophies like the Crushing one. But the second glitch is still possible to do on the latest version of the game and gets the speedrunning trophy, which you can see here in this video.

The reason you can't do that second glitch on PS5 is because it requires that you delete just your profile save. You can't delete specific saves on PS5 games like you can on PS4. 

So to get around that, you have to do that second glitch on PS4 and then transfer your save.

Technically, you can still do the Crushing glitch on PS4 and transfer your save, but I would imagine that many people have the digital version and don't want to jump through the hoops to downgrade their Uncharted 4 version numbers to 1.00 (since it was patched out). Players with the Uncharted 4 disc on PS4 should still be able to do the glitch on PS4 and transfer their save to PS5 to get the Crushing trophy.

5 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

I think this answer should answer what you're asking, too.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Ok I can speak to this.

There were two speedrunning glitches. One was quickly patched out and also unlocked other trophies like the Crushing one. But the second glitch is still possible to do on the latest version of the game and gets the speedrunning trophy, which you can see here in this video.

The reason you can't do that second glitch on PS5 is because it requires that you delete just your profile save. You can't delete specific saves on PS5 games like you can on PS4. 

So to get around that, you have to do that second glitch on PS4 and then transfer your save.

Technically, you can still do the Crushing glitch on PS4 and transfer your save, but I would imagine that many people have the digital version and don't want to jump through the hoops to downgrade their Uncharted 4 version numbers to 1.00 (since it was patched out). Players with the Uncharted 4 disc on PS4 should still be able to do the glitch on PS4 and transfer their save to PS5 to get the Crushing trophy.

I think this answer should answer what you're asking, too.

Ok, think I'm getting there xD.

So the speedrunning glitch works on ANY version except for the PS5 version, so that would be the 2016 version and this new 2022 re-release.

And for the Crushing trophy, I'm confused again as there are now 3 versions off Uncharted 4, and in regards to that, you just say 'Uncharted 4', and because we're on the 2022 version thread, it could look like this new version. But the Crushing glitch only works on the 2016 version right, but we're able to transfer the progress between the 2016 and 2022 version.

So anybody with ONLY the 2022 version, CANNOT utilise the Crushing exploit from the 2016 version right???

I think this is where I'm running into confusion, all versions are mostly being referred to as Uncharted 4 and a lot are saying the Crushing glitch works on the new version, whereas, technically it doesn't, I think?!

I know as always I'm looking too much into the smaller unnecessary details, but I would just like to be sure, the Crushing exploit doesn't work on the 2022 versions BUT, you are able to transfer a save which used the exploit from the 2016 version, basically a workaround in a way........??

Sorry for being dumb ;)

Edited by Optinooby

20 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ok, think I'm getting there xD.

So the speedrunning glitch works on ANY version except for the PS5 version, so that would be the 2016 version and this new 2022 re-release.

And for the Crushing trophy, I'm confused again as there are now 3 versions off Uncharted 4, and in regards to that, you just say 'Uncharted 4', and because we're on the 2022 version thread, it could look like this new version. But the Crushing glitch only works on the 2016 version right, but we're able to transfer the progress between the 2016 and 2022 version.

So anybody with ONLY the 2022 version, CANNOT utilise the Crushing exploit from the 2016 version right???

I think this is where I'm running into confusion, all versions are mostly being referred to as Uncharted 4 and a lot are saying the Crushing glitch works on the new version, whereas, technically it doesn't, I think?!

I know as always I'm looking too much into the smaller unnecessary details, but I would just like to be sure, the Crushing exploit doesn't work on the 2022 versions BUT, you are able to transfer a save which used the exploit from the 2016 version, basically a workaround in a way........??

Sorry for being dumb ;)

First of all, don't apologize! We're gonna make sure you understand this, bud. Let me try to explain this in a different way.

The second speedrunning glitch (this one) I used works on all PS4 versions of the game, including the most recent one. You can use that to your advantage by doing the glitch on Uncharted 4 (2016) on PS4 and then transferring that save to PS5 for the Uncharted 4 on the Legacy of Thieves Collection. This is exactly what I did since I didn't keep that specific speedrun save on PS4. The PS5 will see that that PS4 save has gone through the requirements to unlock that trophy.

The Crushing glitch does not work on either modern version of the game. If you have a fully updated Uncharted 4 on PS4 or any version of the Legacy Collection on PS5, you cannot do that glitch.

However, theoretically, if you have the disc version of Uncharted 4 (2016) on PS4, you can knock that version down to 1.00 by deleting the updates, do the glitch in this video, and then transfer that save to the Legacy Collection on PS5. That should unlock said trophies. It is sort of like a backdoor way of getting an old glitch to work on the PS5 version.

So yes, anyone with only the Legacy Collection on PS5 can't do the Crushing glitch as that update is in the standard 1.00 release of this PS5 game.

I hope that makes sense but if not, I will explain it another way.

15 hours ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Guess. No one read my comment..smh

Plz,?

This video should work for you.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Thx 1f4b0.png2764.pngso you have to have the actual cd for the glitch to work?

You do have to have the PS4 disc (unless you are good at unpatching digital PS4 games) for one of the glitches to work (the Crushing/accuracy/speedrun ones) since it only works on the 1.00 version. I did not link that one.

But the video I linked you works on the digital PS4 version, too, as it was never patched out. It only works for speedrunning though.

So use that glitch on the PS4 version of your choice (disc, digital) and then transfer that save to PS5 to get the speedrunning trophy.

• Like 1

I can confirm, the Speedrun Version 1.33 Glitch still works. Let me summarize what I did:

1. I did everything on the PS5
  2. I have a save file with Uncharted 4 (completed on Crushing)
  3. It's about the Uncharted 4 digital version and the latest 1.33 version
  4. I've downloaded the Uncharted PS4 version (choose single player to start with)
  5. wait until the download of the single player is completed (you don't need the multiplayer part)
  6. switch off the internet connection
  7. delete only the profile save file from Uncharted 4's save data on your console
  8. launch Uncharted 4 for PS4
  9. start a new game, reset treasure and stats, if you're asked for it and create a new save. (eventually optional: I chose the same difficulty, crushing, similar to the completed one.)
  10. when the white writing appears (the first and big one in the middle of the screen), press Options and manually save over the save you created one the step before (9.).
  11. exit to main menu
  12. close Uncharted 4
  13. start Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves and choose Uncharted 4
  14. import the save file from Step 9 resp. 10
  15. after the import the save game is loaded immediately. Quit to the main menu
  16. import the save file from Step 2, which is your save game that you finished the game with
  17. the Epilogue starts where you can skip the cinematic. Credits roll...
  18. In the Credits press Options and load the save you've created in Step 9 resp. 10
  19. after loading, exit to main menu
  20. go to bonus and credits
  21. play credits and the spreedrun trophy pops.
Edited by Schnoogemetzger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 8:29 PM, Mr_Aufziehvogel said:

There is a alternative way, which works fine with the PS5-Version (1.001.000 - as of 13th feb. 2022)

You don't need the PS4-Version!

Follow the steps:

condition - you have to play through the game once. It doesn't matter which difficulty or how long you need. 

1) Start a new game. Ensure that you RESET treasures and stats. Create also a new save game. Keep the save game where you made your play through untouched!

2) At the very start of the game. As soon as the white writing appears on your screen (before the boat sequence starts) quickly press options and manually safe over the new save you just made.

3) Exit to the main menu

4) Load your save game that you finished the game with. It will load you at the very end of the epiloge. Just press options and skip the film sequence. Now you will see the ending credits. 

5) In the ending credits hit options and load your new made save game. The game will start with the white writing again. Just go to options and leave to the main menu.

6) In the main menu:  now go to 'extras' and then 'credits'

7) The speedrun-trophy should pop now. Have fun.

I love you 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to necro post but if I have the last save after I performed the speed run/crushing exploit on the PS4 from way back when even if I've upgraded the game since then would that save that popped it for me on PS4 still work for PS5? Like it had the "finished in x time and difficulty data" on it so I think it should work but I'm not sure and I haven't started the PS5 version and wanna do all but that stuff over again

Edited by Taliesin_2943