Crushing with cheats?

On 2022-01-27 at 1:21 PM, Optinooby said:

It also advises to start the game for the first time on the hardest difficulty with no cheats xD

Because generally that will cut it down to 2 playthroughs instead of 3 saving a bunch of time for most people as you won't need to do one round just to unlock the cheats to make crushing easier on you. Their guides always try to be the most efficient possible in their recommendations.

Their advice saves your second playthrough for just the speed run trophy on explorer with auto aim for the accuracy trophy. Which is easier then having to them both on crushing, or splitting them into 2 different playthroughs (wasting ~6 hours), one crushing w/ cheats and another one that's speedrun + accuracy w/ cheats on explorer (making it 3 total runs at that point).

Edited by xDevin912
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xDevin912 said:

Because generally that will cut it down to 2 playthroughs instead of 3 saving a bunch of time for most people as you won't need to do one round just to unlock the cheats to make crushing easier on you. Their guides always try to be the most efficient possible in their recommendations.

Their advice saves your second playthrough for just the speed run trophy on explorer with auto aim for the accuracy trophy. Which is easier then having to them both on crushing, or splitting them into 2 different playthroughs (wasting ~6 hours), one crushing w/ cheats and another one that's speedrun + accuracy w/ cheats on explorer (making it 3 total runs at that point).

One situation none of the guides I see mention in doing one play through on normal just enjoying as you go and then the second on crushing with cheats and achieve speed run trophy on this run through as well. Is that feasible?

3 hours ago, xDevin912 said:

Doing Crushing on your very first playthrough without cheats is harder than anything else, and will consume tonnes of time in itself with retries the etc, imagine somebody who hasn't played Uncharted before xD

They're many ways to do it without 3 playthroughs, doing the hardest difficulty without cheats to begin is 1 of many ways. 3 playthroughs is maybe for somebody playing completely blind 1st time, but then it is still essentially 2 with the guides advise whichever they follow.

1st Playthrough on Easy doing all Collectibles and 70% Accuracy.

2nd playthrough Crushing with Cheats speedrun.

Much much easier than starting on Crushing. There is no way to defend doing the hardest difficulty without cheats AND 1st!!

Like I say further up, imagine somebody who hasn't played Uncharted before, they will be in for a lot of frustration starting on Crushing and doing it without Cheats.

Can I ask if you have played Crushing before without Cheats?? It's actually quite difficult in places, and that's with cheats!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Doing Crushing on your very first playthrough without cheats is harder than anything else, and will consume tonnes of time in itself with retries the etc, imagine somebody who hasn't played Uncharted before xD

They're many ways to do it without 3 playthroughs, doing the hardest difficulty without cheats to begin is 1 of many ways. 3 playthroughs is maybe for somebody playing completely blind 1st time, but then it is still essentially 2 with the guides advise whichever they follow.

1st Playthrough on Easy doing all Collectibles and 70% Accuracy.

2nd playthrough Crushing with Cheats speedrun.

Much much easier than starting on Crushing. There is no way to defend doing the hardest difficulty without cheats AND 1st!!

Like I say further up, imagine somebody who hasn't played Uncharted before, they will be in for a lot of frustration starting on Crushing and doing it without Cheats.

Can I ask if you have played Crushing before without Cheats?? It's actually quite difficult in places, and that's with cheats!!

Wouldn’t it be easier to get the 70% accuracy on the second playthrough (crushing speed run) because of the cheats? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, kksolanki said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to get the 70% accuracy on the second playthrough (crushing speed run) because of the cheats? Thanks.

That would be more difficult. Doing 70% accuracy with cheats would be easier, just on Crushing and with a Speedrun would make it more difficult.

For absolute easiest, you would maybe want 3 playthroughs, but doing it in 2, this is my recommended way of doing it in the easiest/fastest manner. A nice balance of time/difficulty and also only 2 playthroughs.

Below is some more info on Sharpshooter if you want, taken from my Trophy Speedrun Guide, just some info on how to best incorporate it into your 1st playthrough:

• Sharpshooter (complete the game with over 70% accuracy)

This is perhaps the most important and easiest Trophy to void. Pretty self explanatory, keep your accuracy above 70% and upon completion of the first playthrough, this will pop.

The best way to keep your accuracy high is to use auto-aim which you will be using anyway and tap the fire button, not hold it. Whether your using a pistol or a automatic, just press fire once at a time, this makes it easier to stay on target. Most enemies take a certain amount of shots to die depending on what weapon you are using, but you will not know if any of your teammates have hit them. This is why it is better to just tap the trigger, if they haven't died, tap again and so on.

Sometimes as you fire, an enemy will move behind cover and you will miss, keep an eye on this. You will get to learn the timing from when a enemy appears from cover and hides back behind cover so make sure you keep this in mind.

Also, at certain points in the game, you may be find it difficult to keep your accuracy high due to story scenarios, just do your best and keep an eye on your accuracy in statistics. If it does seem to be getting close to 70%, be extra careful until your accuracy begins to increase again.

The reason you wouldn't do it on Crushing or Speedrun btw is because having time to shoot will just make it easier to keep up your accuracy, no pressure and time to select your shots. And if on Crushing, just added pressure and less time to pick your shots as enemies will be relentless!! Also, can't quite recall, but I think no auto-aim on Crushing, making it harder again!

Hope that explains it all ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

On 29/01/2022 at 11:54 AM, Optinooby said:

That would be more difficult. Doing 70% accuracy with cheats would be easier, just on Crushing and with a Speedrun would make it more difficult.

For absolute easiest, you would maybe want 3 playthroughs, but doing it in 2, this is my recommended way of doing it in the easiest/fastest manner. A nice balance of time/difficulty and also only 2 playthroughs.

Below is some more info on Sharpshooter if you want, taken from my Trophy Speedrun Guide, just some info on how to best incorporate it into your 1st playthrough:

• Sharpshooter (complete the game with over 70% accuracy)

This is perhaps the most important and easiest Trophy to void. Pretty self explanatory, keep your accuracy above 70% and upon completion of the first playthrough, this will pop.

The best way to keep your accuracy high is to use auto-aim which you will be using anyway and tap the fire button, not hold it. Whether your using a pistol or a automatic, just press fire once at a time, this makes it easier to stay on target. Most enemies take a certain amount of shots to die depending on what weapon you are using, but you will not know if any of your teammates have hit them. This is why it is better to just tap the trigger, if they haven't died, tap again and so on.

Sometimes as you fire, an enemy will move behind cover and you will miss, keep an eye on this. You will get to learn the timing from when a enemy appears from cover and hides back behind cover so make sure you keep this in mind.

Also, at certain points in the game, you may be find it difficult to keep your accuracy high due to story scenarios, just do your best and keep an eye on your accuracy in statistics. If it does seem to be getting close to 70%, be extra careful until your accuracy begins to increase again.

The reason you wouldn't do it on Crushing or Speedrun btw is because having time to shoot will just make it easier to keep up your accuracy, no pressure and time to select your shots. And if on Crushing, just added pressure and less time to pick your shots as enemies will be relentless!! Also, can't quite recall, but I think no auto-aim on Crushing, making it harder again!

Hope that explains it all ;)

I just did crushing, speedrun and accuracy in 1 run, aim assist on in the menu and use your bonus points for the 1 shot pistol. Use bullet time and infinite ammo and it's a cake walk.
86% accuracy in 5hours 24 time. I used slow mo for the sword fight, and used thief mode to quickly spot the red enemies.

If you play the game on hard first time round and get all the collectables crushing is honestly easier to beat. Pausing the game pauses the timer, so you can watch a mummy room walkthrough, or have pictures of the spin picture puzzle up so you can solve them in seconds. You can also save the game if you remember parts you struggled on, loading will load the time back, where as checkpoints don't.

The credits feel like they are longer than the game.

1 hour ago, Deadvember said:

I just did crushing, speedrun and accuracy in 1 run, aim assist on in the menu and use your bonus points for the 1 shot pistol. Use bullet time and infinite ammo and it's a cake walk.
86% accuracy in 5hours 24 time. I used slow mo for the sword fight, and used thief mode to quickly spot the red enemies.

If you play the game on hard first time round and get all the collectables crushing is honestly easier to beat. Pausing the game pauses the timer, so you can watch a mummy room walkthrough, or have pictures of the spin picture puzzle up so you can solve them in seconds. You can also save the game if you remember parts you struggled on, loading will load the time back, where as checkpoints don't.

Great tips there mate, I advise same in my guide for Crushing, Thief Mode and Bullet Time, though I can't remember the 1 shot gun for some reason. I likely included that also, unless its new to the Legacy version??

The only reason I didn't advise the accuracy together with the Speedrun and Crushing, is because I didn't wanna put too much pressure on the player.

Good job doing them all at once though, did it all go fairly easy or was it a bit frustrating at times trying to combine all 3 at once?

12 hours ago, Deadvember said:

I am trying to do that as well.

Any tips on the combat encounters?

The biggest pain in the ass that I figure will be Chapter 13 and Chapter 20.

Currently on Chapter 11 with a time of 2 HR 30 mins or so.

11 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Great tips there mate, I advise same in my guide for Crushing, Thief Mode and Bullet Time, though I can't remember the 1 shot gun for some reason. I likely included that also, unless its new to the Legacy version??

The only reason I didn't advise the accuracy together with the Speedrun and Crushing, is because I didn't wanna put too much pressure on the player.

Good job doing them all at once though, did it all go fairly easy or was it a bit frustrating at times trying to combine all 3 at once?

The Barok .44 is the gun that kills everyone in 1 hit, even to the body. The big enemies take 3 shots to kill, but that pistol holds 6 so you can just spam them down when 2 spawn together.

I didn't plan on doing it all together, I just happened to by accident. With the pistol killing 99% of enemies in 1 hit and the bullet time mode making it almost impossible to miss your shots you can speed through every section. Even the shipyard which was probably the hardest part on my hard playthrough (took me over an hour) I did first try in about 5minutes on crushing. You can also use the china grenade launcher to just blow everybody up. I died more to those stupid sliding down sections and pressing O and dropping off ledges by accident more than than I did to being shot. The barok is just a stupid gun, and with infinite ammo and slowmo it's very hard to get killed.

The exploding mummy room I saved before, because that took a few attempts and then I loaded back up and did it again first time which saved me 15minutes or so.

The "stealth" sections you come across I'd just make a save file, then barok everything. I'm sure the game timer slows down while the bullet time is working, so it's much much faster than trying to stealth past everything, plus the enemies spot you super fast. Better off just turning on thief mode, and shooting all the red targets you see. When the music stops playing you know everybody is dead.

I didn't use any videos other than the mummy room, because that seems impossible without abusing the hit detection in the room.
And I used google images for the pirate spin puzzle and the mummy floor puzzle. So they took seconds to do instead of minutes to work out myself.

I started on chapter 13 by the 2ish hour mark and I started on chapter 21 at 5 hours. I did restart from checkpoints a lot, and got lost a lot and still had 30mins left over. 
Jumping everywhere is faster than running, rolling up stairs is faster than running/jumping. Just go from point a to b. Shoot everybody you see while behind cover, it's faster than stealth. 

You might as well try to speedrun crushing, if you do it it'll save you a playthrough. And you really shouldn't miss any shots if you use bullet time when aiming.

If it's red shoot it dead :D 

Edited by Deadvember
more info
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

I am trying to do that as well.

Any tips on the combat encounters?

The biggest pain in the ass that I figure will be Chapter 13 and Chapter 20.

Currently on Chapter 11 with a time of 2 HR 30 mins or so.

I'd say it's still possible to do with that time, remember to skip every cut scene and make a new save every time you come across an encounter. If you die loading is better than restarting from checkpoints. 
Always be jumping instead of running, always be pressing X when climbing, you'll jump climb a lot faster and that saves so much time.

In the render mode there's an option called thief vision, it makes every enemy red. Turn that on when you're at an encounter and barok .44 everyone you see, they'll all die in 1 hit.
Turn it off when there's no enemies about because it makes locating ledges almost impossible. The timer pauses in the menu so if you think you're doing a segment slowly just watch a video.

Level 20 on the shipwreck took me like 5 minutes (the enemy part not the whole level) the gun is so powerful and bullet time makes it super easy to pick everybody off really fast.

If you don't do it in 6 hours don't worry, I imagine you can run past everything on baby difficulty and beat the game in like 3hours.
And with the accuracy apparently you can just load up an encounter and use a machine gun to spray the big guys, when you get above 70% do the epilogue and the trophy should pop.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:35 PM, Deadvember said:

I'd say it's still possible to do with that time, remember to skip every cut scene and make a new save every time you come across an encounter. If you die loading is better than restarting from checkpoints. 
Always be jumping instead of running, always be pressing X when climbing, you'll jump climb a lot faster and that saves so much time.

In the render mode there's an option called thief vision, it makes every enemy red. Turn that on when you're at an encounter and barok .44 everyone you see, they'll all die in 1 hit.
Turn it off when there's no enemies about because it makes locating ledges almost impossible. The timer pauses in the menu so if you think you're doing a segment slowly just watch a video.

Level 20 on the shipwreck took me like 5 minutes (the enemy part not the whole level) the gun is so powerful and bullet time makes it super easy to pick everybody off really fast.

If you don't do it in 6 hours don't worry, I imagine you can run past everything on baby difficulty and beat the game in like 3hours.
And with the accuracy apparently you can just load up an encounter and use a machine gun to spray the big guys, when you get above 70% do the epilogue and the trophy should pop.

Thanks for the tips.

I finished in a time of 5 HRs 34 min 24 sec

The one that I really like that I believe that you posted to another person was to save before an encounter. Saving right before a difficult area might have been tedious to load the save, turn on unlimited ammo but it probably save me a lot of time instead of tying it again. The mummies portion in Chapter 19 probably saved me 5 mins there alone.

• Like 1

My first playthrough was on moderate with all collectibles, because Crushing in LL was really bad without cheats.

My second playthrough was crushing then, while completing it in 5:05 for the speed run trophy as well.

I manually saved before big encounters, and when I died, I reloaded the save file instead of reloading the checkpoints. That sets the time back to the beginning and Crushing + speedrun combined should be no problem anymore. With .44 + Auto Aim it’s easy to reach 70% accuracy in the same run if not done on the first playthrough.

Edited by xIRockyRock

On 04/02/2022 at 4:18 AM, Jermster_91 said:

Thanks for the tips.

I finished in a time of 5 HRs 34 min 24 sec

The one that I really like that I believe that you posted to another person was to save before an encounter. Saving right before a difficult area might have been tedious to load the save, turn on unlimited ammo but it probably save me a lot of time instead of tying it again. The mummies portion in Chapter 19 probably saved me 5 mins there alone.

No problem! Glad I could help!

The mummy section might be the worst part of the series, it's so dumb!

• 2 weeks later...