How to glitch Charted! - Speedrun, Charted! - Crushing & Sharpshooter

Since the Legacy of Thieves Collection came out today I wondered if it is possible to glitch the speedrun trophy. Luckily it is possible!

I autopopped many trophies but since I used the 1.00 glitch back in the days not all trophies did unlock. So, if you dislike doing speedruns yourself, here is how it works:

• First of all you need an Uncharted 4: A Thief's End disc (PS4) and a savegame where you completed one playtrough.
  • Turn off your internet connection and delete the game.
  • Put it back in and check if your game is on 1.00.
  • Transfer your savegames on an USB for safety reasons and delete all of them on your PS5 except the first one, where you completed the game.
  • Start the game (PS4 disc).
  • Now create a new game on crushing and keep your stats.
  • It has to be the second savegame!
  • Play through the prologue.
  • When you have controll of Drake as a kid play to the section where you climb up the wall.
  • Save your game. Again it has to be the second savegame.
  • Go back to the main menu.
  • Select epilogue from chapter select on crushing and play through this chapter.*
  • You can skip the credits and head back to the main menu.*
  • Now start the Legacy of Thieves Collection.
  • Import the savegame you created.

Unfortunately the trophy for beating crushing did not pop for me. But maybe there is also a possible workaround. However I'm definetly gonna play it again on crushing to experience this definitive edition.

*People told me with the extra steps I added (marked with *), it is possible to get all difficulty related trophies including crushing.

Also here is a video you can watch to get the sharpshooter trophy easily:

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Sharpshooter

Thanks @Mr_Aufziehvogel for bringing up a way to get the speedrun trophy without needing the PS4 version of the game!

There is a alternative way, which works fine with the PS5-Version (1.001.000 - as of 13th feb. 2022)

You don't need the PS4-Version!

Follow the steps:

condition - you have to play through the game once. It doesn't matter which difficulty or how long you need. 

1) Start a new game. Ensure that you RESET treasures and stats. Create also a new save game. Keep the save game where you made your play through untouched!

2) At the very start of the game. As soon as the white writing appears on your screen (before the boat sequence starts) quickly press options and manually safe over the new save you just made.

3) Exit to the main menu

4) Load your save game that you finished the game with. It will load you at the very end of the epiloge. Just press options and skip the film sequence. Now you will see the ending credits. 

5) In the ending credits hit options and load your new made save game. The game will start with the white writing again. Just go to options and leave to the main menu.

6) In the main menu:  now go to 'extras' and then 'credits'

7) The speedrun-trophy should pop now. Have fun.

Edited by Odd-Shokupan
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Did accuracy pop? 

I can not confirm this unfortunately because it autopopped for me when I transferd my savegames. However I don't think it would because you had to do another workaround for this trophy if you wanted to glitch it. Luckily there is a glitch which you can even do on current patch for UC4 (PS4).

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

What, there is? The only glitch I did was 1.00 one haha

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Sharpshooter

People state in the comments of this video that it is still working with the current patch. I guess you can transfer this savegame to your PS5 and the trophy should pop.

Since you can get the speedrun and sharpshooter trophies this easily and it is possible to enable cheats on crushing, the platinum should be a cakewalk.

Edited by Odd-Shokupan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrettyBoy said:

Damn, so this is one of those rare things where using a glitch to your advantage on an original version of a game fucks you over in the future when you play a new version of it.

Well, it worked in the first place. So either do the glitch again or do it legitimately.

2 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

Damn, so this is one of those rare things where using a glitch to your advantage on an original version of a game fucks you over in the future when you play a new version of it.

I wanted to do the glitch, but I left the disc at my mother's house 300km away at the height of the pandemic so I just did it legit lol. Now it popped no problem.

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I wanted to do the glitch, but I left the disc at my mother's house 300km away at the height of the pandemic so I just did it legit lol. Now it popped no problem.

Crazy shit, man.

3 hours ago, Odd-Shokupan said:

Well, it worked in the first place. So either do the glitch again or do it legitimately.

I’m still yet to even beat the game at all to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Thiago1776 said:

I just got crushing and speedrun trophies using the U4 disc that I have. I did all the steps on the PS4 version, started the PS5 version and imported the save game. Trophies popped. 

Yeah I was sitting here thinking why wouldn't the glitched crushing save import over and work I mean on ps4 it reads it as you did everything on crushing so why wouldn't it read on ps5 lol

2 hours ago, Thiago1776 said:

I just got crushing and speedrun trophies using the U4 disc that I have. I did all the steps on the PS4 version, started the PS5 version and imported the save game. Trophies popped. 

That is interesting. Did you finish the epilogue on the PS4 version with the glitched savegame?

I did not and after the transfer only the speedrun trophy popped for me. Therefore I wasn't sure.

3 hours ago, Odd-Shokupan said:

That is interesting. Did you finish the epilogue on the PS4 version with the glitched savegame?

I did not and after the transfer only the speedrun trophy popped for me. Therefore I wasn't sure.

Yes, I finished the epilogue on the PS4 version and watched through the credits roll.

Then imported the save on PS5 version, difficulties trophies popped right after I loaded in. I had done the speedrun glitch already before this, but I imagine if you haven't unlocked the speedrun trophy it should also pop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sxie0212 said:

Yes, I finished the epilogue on the PS4 version and watched through the credits roll.

Then imported the save on PS5 version, difficulties trophies popped right after I loaded in. I had done the speedrun glitch already before this, but I imagine if you haven't unlocked the speedrun trophy it should also pop.

Maybe I should update the post then? I was surprised that only the spreedrun trophy popped for me. Back in the days when I did it for PS4, both the speed run and difficulties trophy worked just fine.

Edited the start post.

Edited by Odd-Shokupan

I used the below method on 1.33 and it worked for speedrun. The only thing that I did different was:

8. In the Credits press OPTIONS and Load the Save you created in Step 4. After loading, save over the Save you created in Step 4 and exit to main menu and close game.

8.1 Go online

8.2 Open PS5 version of the game and import the Save you created in Step 4

9. Go to Bonus and Credits.

10. Play Credits - Trophy Pops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...