Question about NG++

Shaakaa82

Hi guys, I apologize if this question has been answered before.

Im playing the PS3 version and Im finishing my NG+ and Im planning to skip everything I can in NG++ to get the last miracles and piromancies I need for the platinum, so the first thing I need is to farm 3 million souls to open the door. Is it worth to farm boss souls worth 25k souls each in memory of jeigh at the end og NG+ to use them on NG++? Is there any better way?

The second thing I need is a fragrant branch of yore to access Shaded woods, which is the fastest and easiest way to get one? Remember that I cannot buy one from Majula shop because of the version of the game.

Thank you very much.

24 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

Best way is to kill The Rotten over and over in the Black Gulch in NG++. Use Cat Ring to drop to the bottom, speed run The Gutter, and pick-up the Fragrant Branch at the end of the area. Put on all the +to souls gear you have and the best silver covetous ring and then kill the Rotten. Ascetic the 2nd bonfire in the Black Gulch (the entrance is not blocked by a statue in vanilla) over and over until you've gotten 3 million memory. You can also periodically pop the 2 boss souls you gain per kill for another 85K per kill.

Thanks a lot for sharing your method. The truth is that I really hate that place because of the darkness but it really seems to be the fastest way so I will try that once I reach NG++.

Finally I got the platinum, it was really easy and fast killing the rotten as you said, thank you very much.

Just one strange thing I noticed, I finished NG+ with 14.6M souls, so after I began NG++, I consumed all my boss souls and after that I began to kill the rotten again and again until I got 17.8M souls (+3.2M) so I went to the door and it didnt open. I killed the rotten once again for a total of 18.1M souls (+3.5M) and then it opened. Its a little weird.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shaakaa82 said:

Finally I got the platinum, it was really easy and fast killing the rotten as you said, thank you very much.

Just one strange thing I noticed, I finished NG+ with 14.6M souls, so after I began NG++, I consumed all my boss souls and after that I began to kill the rotten again and again until I got 17.8M souls (+3.2M) so I went to the door and it didnt open. I killed the rotten once again for a total of 18.1M souls (+3.5M) and then it opened. Its a little weird.

Maybe the Shrine only counts souls farmed during that NG cycle, and so the boss souls you consumed at the beginning of NG++ didn’t count towards the total? I’m not sure.

Either way, you did it so congratulations on the platinum! I remember hating the Gulch too, but you can’t deny that Rotten farming method is fantastic if you’re going for a speedy NG++ run. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Maybe the Shrine only counts souls farmed during that NG cycle, and so the boss souls you consumed at the beginning of NG++ didn’t count towards the total? I’m not sure.

Either way, you did it so congratulations on the platinum! I remember hating the Gulch too, but you can’t deny that Rotten farming method is fantastic if you’re going for a speedy NG++ run. 1f642.png

Thanks!! and yeah, maybe you are right about about the consumed souls in NG cycle, who knows...

• Like 1