How is the Dualsense implementation?

Hey, I know it's super weird question for many people, but I freaking love Dualsense haptics and adaptive triggers, I have actively replayed some games just because of their fantastic implementation of the controller (Control for example was great at it). 

I do not plan of platinuming it, and I am torn if I should get that upgrade, does it use the controller creatively? 

Three places I have noticed it, first the L2 trigger always has resistance. Then there is the shooting and basically while shooting you feel the resistance and the vibration in the trigger.  The faster shooting guns feel really good on the controller triggers imo. Finally the driving, where you feel the resistance when accelerating and breaking. Nothing really creative, but I still haven’t finished it yet so I’ll see. Personally I think the upgrade is worth it for the 60fps as that is just amazing on this game.

1 hour ago, HonorableAbe said:

Three places I have noticed it, first the L2 trigger always has resistance. Then there is the shooting and basically while shooting you feel the resistance and the vibration in the trigger.  The faster shooting guns feel really good on the controller triggers imo. Finally the driving, where you feel the resistance when accelerating and breaking. Nothing really creative, but I still haven’t finished it yet so I’ll see. Personally I think the upgrade is worth it for the 60fps as that is just amazing on this game.

Basically this.  The trigger vibration threw me off a bit though.  It's a little different sort of vibration than other games have done with shooting on PS5.  Thought my controller was broken at first, but then realized its just a different sort of intensity in the vibration lol.

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Like any game played with the DualSense, it's always the little things that stand out to me. Just walking and jumping around do have something added. It doesn't really come across in the gunplay to me. Driving is okay.

Machine guns feel like the bolt is hitting the bullets rapidly, pistols it's not as noticeable though.  The sound it makes with the controller adds to that too.  It's where I've noticed the biggest dual sense usage.  

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Machine guns feel like the bolt is hitting the bullets rapidly, pistols it's not as noticeable though.  The sound it makes with the controller adds to that too.  It's where I've noticed the biggest dual sense usage.  

I did notice better results after using an AK for a while, but it didn't come through as much in any other guns. If the sound you're talking about comes through the controller speaker, I always play with headphones, which disables the controller speaker, so I wouldn't have been able to hear that.

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

I did notice better results after using an AK for a while, but it didn't come through as much in any other guns. If the sound you're talking about comes through the controller speaker, I always play with headphones, which disables the controller speaker, so I wouldn't have been able to hear that.

It could just be the clicking of the motor for the trigger, but it almost mimics a trigger pull sound.  Headphones might take that away.  But taking them off and seeing if it still does it even though your headphones are connected would solve that.  I can't test that until later though.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 6:21 AM, crnch88 said:

My favourite is when Drake makes a note in his journal. You can feel tiny little vibrations in the controllers as if someone's writing on it. Very cool

I haven't noticed any of that on mine.  Only the guns, driving, and a little bit while moving around but not consistently.  I home there isn't anything wrong with my controller.

EDIT: I recommend turning the mic on your controller off to get the full effect.  I think that's why I didn’t feel the journal.  Also, rain effects are pretty cool with the haptic feedback.  

Edited by Snake2410