Cross Save?

Ravie_HD

I am currently playing Hitman 1 and will play Hitman 2 in the future. I want to do all the challenges in all levels at least once. Will my progress from Hitman 1 carry over to Hitman 2 and 3? If so i'll do all the challenges now and then transfer them, if not i guess i'll only do them in Hitman 3

• 11 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:49 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

No.

No progress or saves carry over from Hitman to Hitman 2 I’m afraid, however, all progress made in Hitman 2 (including the re-done legacy stuff originally from Hitman) will carry over to Hitman 3.

hey do you think the save transfer will expire today with the delisting of both hitman 1 and 2?

5 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

hey do you think the save transfer will expire today with the delisting of both hitman 1 and 2?

No idea - though given that the transfer process was a network thing, and had to be manually done "offsite" from the game itself, (no doubt as a result of all the business machinations involved in each game having different publishers etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if IO were looking to sunset that whole transfer process.

It was never the most user-friendly or slick process, and always felt a little "duct-taped-together"... so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to simply say "now, it's all one game, this is a clean slate, no more transferring."

That's pure speculation though - remains to be seen - I guess we'll know soon enough though!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No idea - though given that the transfer process was a network thing, and had to be manually done "offsite" from the game itself, (no doubt as a result of all the business machinations involved in each game having different publishers etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if IO were looking to sunset that whole transfer process.

It was never the most user-friendly or slick process, and always felt a little "duct-taped-together"... so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to simply say "now, it's all one game, this is a clean slate, no more transferring."

That's pure speculation though - remains to be seen - I guess we'll know soon enough though!

you're right, i'm hesitant for now to transfer or wait until i progress more if the transfer is gone i'm gonna have to do everything from scratch if i transfer now and it ends up staying im gonna carry that feeling of regret ( i should've waited and transferred all my finished playthrough ) but i guess i want to be safe and actually transfer it today... 

• Like 1