Free PSN Credit.

TehCro

I'm not too active around here anymore, but I thought this would help you guys out. Sony is giving out 5.99 credit for their Unlimited Video Streaming service, but it's actually a voucher for your PSN wallet. So you can use it to buy DLC, games, or whatever you want.

http://us.playstatio...AILOFFERVIDEOUL

Although that sounds cool, the introduction reads:

We’ll send the Video Unlimited movie credit to your email address on file within 72 hours

After reading the TERMS & CONDITIONS, I saw no where where it said the $5.99 can be used for anything other than Video Streaming.

Rather, it reads:

The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged.

So it may be cool for those interested in a movie, but I do NOT think one can use the $5.99 for any purchase through the store, especially games/DLC's or what-not.

The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged.

Considering the bolded section, I don't think that underlined section is referring to their service. They are just covering their bases saying that the code you get cannot be used for any other purpose than on the Playstation Network, like redeeming or returning it for cash.

I'll let you know how it goes in 72 hours though. ;)

Considering the bolded section, I don't think that underlined section is referring to their service. They are just covering their bases saying that the code you get cannot be used for any other purpose than on the Playstation Network, like redeeming or returning it for cash.

I'll let you know how it goes in 72 hours though. ;)

I still don't think this is going to be a $5.99 credit for ANYTHNG in or on the PSN other than a movie voucher (same as when they offered free movies to PSN PLUS members a while back).

...but yes, keep us informed please.

EDIT: Hell, I signed up. Even if it is only for a movie, the price is still right!

I used my code 3 days ago. I bought 5.99 worth of DLC for WWE All-stars. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't know the results.

That's cool then. In your original post, you never mentioned that you actually received and used the code for such, but I read it as a general statement.

Good to hear and thanks for letting everyone know! :yay:

Any news if this can be used on an EU account?

per the terms and conditions...

The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012 (Promotional Term”). The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code is only available to legal U.S.residents with a pre-existing PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) or Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account who are 18 or older and who have either opted in to Sony Group of Companies marketing communication or who have confirmed their opt in status during the Promotional Term.
  • Like 1