Games leaving PS Now (They finally added a leaving section)

GUDGER666

21 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

Thanks for contributing nothing to this topic.

Who died and made you a mini-mod?

‐-----

Watching all this smaller games leaving, I'm just hoping Sony doesn't give up on offering a healthy catalogue of indies in favor of big games everybody and their mother have already played.

Both PS Now and the Instant Game Collection always were more of a hidden gems resource to me. Hope that doesn't change too much.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

PS Now never has been and never will be a substitute for a real PS3. 

It isn't but there are a LOT of great titles on PS Now that one would never have checked out otherwise. They offer some expensive/difficult to find physical exclusive titles on the service as well as a lot of PS3 titles that never had a sale even once since their release (Rocket Knight immediately comes to mind).

On-topic, Stikbold leaves PS Now in a day or two, I believe. Grab the platinum before it's gone, it's fun and not too difficult, especially if you can find a friend to play through the campaign with!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

Thanks for contributing nothing to this topic.

No need to be a dick.

4 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

PS Now never has been and never will be a substitute for a real PS3. 

I never said it was. I just refuse to subscribe to a service containing games that I have literally no control over that are liable to be removed at any time. 

You don’t have ownership over digital games anyway, but at least you can still obtain them even long after they’re delisted.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

How are you guys even finding out which games are leaving PS Now?

When viewing game descriptions on PS Now, some may show how many days are remaining before they're removed from the service. Unfortunately, it can be a painstaking process since they don't always announce when games will be removed, which means we have to manually look through the catalog in search of games that are on the chopping block.

Here's a screen capture describing what I'm talking about:

https://i.imgur.com/uv1rdRy.jpg

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I never said it was. I just refuse to subscribe to a service containing games that I have literally no control over that are liable to be removed at any time. 

You don’t have ownership over digital games anyway, but at least you can still obtain them even long after they’re delisted.

I knew what you meant ^^ I was just emphasizing your point, which was somehow entirely lost on someone else here, and surely others.

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

When viewing game descriptions on PS Now, some may show how many days are remaining before they're removed from the service. Unfortunately, it can be a painstaking process since they don't always announce when games will be removed, which means we have to manually look through the catalog in search of games that are on the chopping block.

Here's a screen capture describing what I'm talking about:

https://i.imgur.com/uv1rdRy.jpg

I've never noticed that on mine, I'm from UK. 

Leaving on April 18th. Total for April is now 30!

Aces of the Luftwaffe

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus

de Blob

Dynamite Fishing - World Games

Exists Archive The Other Side of the Sky

Grand Kingdom

Momonga Pinball Adventures

MotoGP 17

MXGP 2

Natural Doctrine

NeuroVoider

A bit odd they are leaving midway through the month. These currently don't show as leaving NA store so could only show when 7 days are remaining or they could go at the end of the month. Also wouldn't surprise me if many more will soon show as leaving.

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Aces of the Luftwaffe

de Blob

Grand Kingdom

MotoGP 17

MXGP 2

Natural Doctrine

NeuroVoider

A bit odd they are leaving midway through the month. These currently don't show as leaving NA store so could only show when 7 days are remaining or they could go at the end of the month. Also wouldn't surprise me if many more will soon show as leaving.

Is this you? Because I’m reading a lot of comments of this guy, and his and yours post are basically the same 

I wish we could have had some heads up before all this, 1 week isn't enough. 

Also seems like they are making way for Premium and cleaning the current catalog of the less attractive games. Now at the moment has 800+ games and the blog post for Premium says we will get around 700 games. I would expect more games leaving the service till Premium releases. 

Word of advise, if you want to play one unknown game on Now, do it now. It will probably leave soon. I guess AAA games and well known indies will stay, since those will sell Premium more easily

Edited by maiathewinners

14 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

I wish we could have had some heads up before all this, 1 week isn't enough. 

Also seems like they are making way for Premium and cleaning the current catalog of the less attractive games. Now at the moment has 800+ games and the blog post for Premium says we will get around 700 games. I would expect more games leaving the service till Premium releases. 

Word of advise, if you want to play one unknown game on Now, do it now. It will probably leave soon. I guess AAA games and well known indies will stay, since those will sell Premium more easily

Uk when these leave will have just over 700. 

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Aces of the Luftwaffe

de Blob

Grand Kingdom

MotoGP 17

MXGP 2

Natural Doctrine

NeuroVoider

Probably NA was not updated yet. They all show as leaving on April 19 in US.

I think I'll sub to PS NOW, now, before the official merger

these are the PS3 titles I hope to complete (I'm hoping none of them vanish) before June:

resistance 3

spec ops: the line

infamous

infamous 2

escape dead island

god of war

god of war 2

god of war: ghost of sparta

god of war: chains of olympus

god of war: ascension

On 2022-01-30 at 4:13 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Seriously? 3 years? I don’t have PS Now, but honestly the PS3 catalogue seems like the entire reason why myself or anyone else would even want to sign up for this service.

Another annoying part about the few  PS3 games that exists on PSNow is that to my knowledge not a single one of them have DLC like they PS4 games does. I signed up wanting to get 100% on a few of my PS3 games but not a single one of them had DLC. 

16 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Another annoying part about the few  PS3 games that exists on PSNow is that to my knowledge not a single one of them have DLC like they PS4 games does. I signed up wanting to get 100% on a few of my PS3 games but not a single one of them had DLC. 

I didn’t know that, but that sucks. While PS3 games are pretty cheap to buy nowadays if you know where to look, cleaning up DLCs on those games can get super expensive quickly. They don’t do sales anymore so there are numerous old games on my list (Call of Duty etc.) that I’ll probably never clean up because I can’t be assed to fork out like $100 on DLC for each game. Adding access to the DLCs would really help incentivize this service/the new PS+ Premium tier.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

thats not true 

• Like 1