Games leaving PS Now (They finally added a leaving section)

GUDGER666

1 hour ago, RustyZero said:

I just took a look at the entire PS Now catalogue (Europe). And so:
- Apart from Shadow Warrior 3 (announced), there are no game with removal notice.

- Catherine was supposed to leave on May 17th , but it is still there.
- The following games have been removed recently (without being spotted in this post):

• Daytona USA (like most of Sega catalogue)
  • Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition (added in January)
  • Overlord : Fellowship of Evil (the PS3 versions of Overlords leaved in January, but there was no announcement for this PS4 version)

- There are currently 670 games (there were 754 back in January). So Sony will have to add 30+ games this month, to meet their 700 games promise on new PS+

They must've been pulled today as i went through the list yesterday and it had these. Looks like Sony are now just pulling them. Not good. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling they will anounce big things from here until the 13th. I might be wrong, but there should be a lot of classics in the way + a strong June lineup. I don't think they will leave the list empty as it is.

Wow, many exclusives as well. If these really leave then wtf is Sony doing. Stuff like GOW Sly Cooper and Killzone should never be leaving. There will be no PS3 games left at this rate. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Wow, many exclusives as well. If these really leave then wtf is Sony doing. Stuff like GOW Sly Cooper and Killzone should never be leaving. There will be no PS3 games left at this rate. 

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about. I knew that it wouldn't be as simple as PS Now's existing library simply making the transition. We'll likely see a huge chunk of titles removed with no warning whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starvar said:

It appeared on the screen on the day.

Japan's new ps plus has begun.
Take a look at your JP account.

So there is not data? I tried looking on a Japanese account but couldn't understand it  That's really poor, imagine starting the service and one of the first things you see is 60+ games leaving. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

So there is not data? I tried looking on a Japanese account but couldn't understand it  That's really poor, imagine starting the service and one of the first things you see is 60+ games leaving. 

You wouldn't join the service and see 60 games left, they just won't be there.

Instead, a bunch of new games have been added - mainly PS4 and PS5 games, but there are some new PS3 titles as well.

The full list is here: https://www.playstation.com/ja-jp/ps-plus/games/ (you may need to translate if you don't speak Japanese). The top list is the PS4/5 games and the bottom ones are for the PS3 titles. New games will be brought in on a monthly basis, so those that have gone may be rotated back in over the next few months - it'll probably be harder for them to secure PS3 games, so pulling some back for now means they have a few months worth of swaps and additions.

• Like 1

This is why I’m still relying on the actual PS3 console as well as all my physical games. 

It’s not just the PS3 or PS Vita either. A bunch of PS4 titles have been removed and/or delisted for no apparent reason. 

I will never cave in to a full digital reality, no matter how many people out there tell me to. 

The all digital future is not a reality I want to live in.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

So this new ps plus services are completely removing the games that has streaming option only.

All we will get in future are the downloadable ones. 

Got it 

No, there are still lots of streaming PS3 games, just inexplicably less.

As far as new ones being added, yes, it's been like 5+ years since a new PS3 game was added. It's been pretty clear for a while they aren't going to add any more.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'm confused...are they leaving PS Now or the store or both? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

I don’t have the service myself, but this is stuff that is leaving PS Now. 

I just hope we don’t lose too much once the transfer to the new PS Plus service is all done and finished.

5 hours ago, starvar said:

Many games are leaving in Japan!
For your reference, we will inform you of some games in the NA/EU.
Games that have left in the NA/EU are also leaving in Japan and will probably leave as well.

This information is from Japan.
I think it is subject to change in your region.

In Japan, more than 120 games are leaving.

Wowwwwwwww

The ONLY silver lining is, if they are truly going to have a library the size of which is as advertised, a TON of classics are about to be added.

Still entirely unacceptable but the potential for some very stellar games from the PSOne era getting trophy lists could be alright.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I'm confused...are they leaving PS Now or the store or both? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Games that are leaving PS Now.

Bright side some of the games leaving are now added to Games Catalogue for PS + Extra and Classic Catalogue for PS+ Premium/Deluxe services.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Games that are leaving PS Now.

Bright side some of the games leaving are now added to Games Catalogue for PS + Extra and Classic Catalogue for PS+ Premium/Deluxe services.

So most have just been reorganized? 

34 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Anywhere we can find an English list of these titles?

English not yet, since the sevice is not released in EU and NA, but u can browse the Japan, Hong Kong etc. PlayStation site and translate it into English

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is why I’m still relying on the actual PS3 console as well as all my physical games. 

It’s not just the PS3 or PS Vita either. A bunch of PS4 titles have been removed and/or delisted for no apparent reason. 

I will never cave in to a full digital reality, no matter how many people out there tell me to. 

The all digital future is not a reality I want to live in.

Well i think here are two different things happening. The games on ps now are games you "rent only" rather than "owning" them. If you buy a game digital it's very unlikely that you lose access to that game (i'm only aware of games being wrongfully free being taken away like Fallout 4, but Knack 2 wasn't taken away).

Besides that you can play games you bought and they were delisted after that anytime you want. For example i played Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary last week which was delisted years ago but i have access through it cuz i bought it as ps+ free game.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well i think here are two different things happening. The games on ps now are games you "rent only" rather than "owning" them. If you buy a game digital it's very unlikely that you lose access to that game (i'm only aware of games being wrongfully free being taken away like Fallout 4, but Knack 2 wasn't taken away).

Besides that you can play games you bought and they were delisted after that anytime you want. For example i played Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary last week which was delisted years ago but i have access through it cuz i bought it as ps+ free game.

Digital is glorified rentals. If my Steam account goes kaput for whatever reason then I basically lose access to all the games I bought over the last 10 years.

Corporations are doing away with physical any way they can. DVDs nowadays are basically VHS, everyone who wanted specific movies or shows on DVD already has them and have had them for a while. Certain DVD items have also shot up in price, same with Blu-Ray items as they're going the same route.

It's all a rental service, and you can't claim ownership on any of it.

• Like 1