Jump to content

Is the plat still doable?


WhiterWhite00

Recommended Posts

Title. And is it really difficult? I also read "Rivalry Begins" trophy description and it sounds verybhard, I mean, you have to enter a leaderboard...

Also months ago I wanted to start the game but I hesitated because some people on FB said the game was bugged and some scores weren't registered

Edited by WhiterWhite00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it's still doable.

I did it a couple of months ago (and there are very recent achievers too). I never played a sonic game before this (except racing) and I didn't find it very difficult. Time trials are probably the hardest part but as long as you know which paths to take in some stages it ain't too bad. Time's are a bit tight but many of the stages are short.

There's also some grinding for rings and maxing out avatars.

As for "Rivalry Begins", yeah it's a bit buggy. I think the leaderboard just needs some time to update once you set a time. I just kept repeating the first stage early on and eventually the trophy popped but I didn't put in a very good time.  You can do it on other stages since most people seem to go for the first one, you'll be repeating many of them anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Yes it's still doable.

I did it a couple of months ago (and there are very recent achievers too). I never played a sonic game before this (except racing) and I didn't find it very difficult. Time trials are probably the hardest part but as long as you know which paths to take in some stages it ain't too bad. Time's are a bit tight but many of the stages are short.

There's also some grinding for rings and maxing out avatars.

As for "Rivalry Begins", yeah it's a bit buggy. I think the leaderboard just needs some time to update once you set a time. I just kept repeating the first stage early on and eventually the trophy popped but I didn't put in a very good time.  You can do it on other stages since most people seem to go for the first one, you'll be repeating many of them anyway.

Thanks; I also read (and already downloaded) that the Super Sonic DLC, which gives you invincibility and highest speed, is very very helpful to get low times in levels.

Also is it real that using Super Sonic increase the platinum time because you need to get xp with other classes and doing so, you'll get xp just for Super Sonic?

Edited by WhiterWhite00
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WhiterWhite00 said:

Thanks; I also read (and already downloaded) that the Super Sonic DLC, which gives you invincibility and highest speed, is very very helpful to get low times in levels.

Also is it real that using Super Sonic increase the platinum time because you need to get xp with other classes and doing so, you'll get xp just for Super Sonic?

Oh yeah forgot about that DLC, it's free and it helps in time runs.

But no that's not true. You only get xp for your selected avatar (no matter if you play a sonic, classic sonic, avatar or an alert stage). Until you beat the story you can only have one avatar so if you try to do everything else in the game as you progress you'll max out that avatar before you beat the story and the extra xp will go to waste. Once you beat the story you can make more avatars so it's best to finish the story before you max out your first avatar. I believe that's what you're talking about.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Oh yeah forgot about that DLC, it's free and it helps in time runs.

But no that's not true. You only get xp for your selected avatar (no matter if you play a sonic, classic sonic, avatar or an alert stage). Until you beat the story you can only have one avatar so if you try to do everything else in the game as you progress you'll max out that avatar before you beat the story and the extra xp will go to waste. Once you beat the story you can make more avatars so it's best to finish the story before you max out your first avatar. I believe that's what you're talking about.

Yeah...so this means I can first enjoy completing the story without worrying too much, then I can use Super Sonic to do the rest without worrying to slow the plat time right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WhiterWhite00 said:

Yeah...so this means I can first enjoy completing the story without worrying too much, then I can use Super Sonic to do the rest without worrying to slow the plat time right?

Yup.

Super Sonic is only available once you beat a stage anyway but not on avatar stages, those don't need to be done for time however.

Hopefully I'm not confusing you too much. Once you play it it's very easy to understand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Yup.

Super Sonic is only available once you beat a stage anyway but not on avatar stages, those don't need to be done for time however.

 

Hopefully I'm not confusing you too much. Once you play it it's very easy to understand.

Hi again, I've just beat the story but in the stages I can't select anyone but the default character the level was supposed to be played with; for example in stage 1 I can't choose Super Sonic even if I downloaded him

 

EDIT: I just reboot the ps4 and now I can use him

Edited by WhiterWhite00
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

back to the original question - there is definitely some lag with the trophy / servers updating, as I kept doing stage 1 on repeat, but it took at least 10 minutes before my name showed up on the friend rankings list ( i never got low enough time to break into the top 100 with only a 1.06 time - but got first place among my friends list at least :) )

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

as others have said there is a lag in the servers. I got the trophy to pop last night with a time of 1:05 on level 1. I played a few more levels to progress the story and would check back periodically, after about 15-20 minutes the local leaderboard unlocked and I was ranked in the mid 9,000’s and the trophy popped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...