PS5 version confirmed and now available

Mathieumatic

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already, I'm super hyped for the PS5 version which seems to be coming in mid february to early march! After a long period of no news, I'm glad to hear that the new version is approaching soon. Hopefully the PS4 trophies carry over to PS5.

https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1487715243203649536?s=20&t=qJEvP1-FFFuPmnrj7P_cGQ

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by DaivRules
Updated title
  • Like 2

ooh nice it would fit in their roadmap (if you can even call it a roadmap). I do not know if i would replay the whole story if the trophies carry over from the ps4 version because the story wasn't anything special imo but looking forward to playing it on a PS5

Edited by SmeagolBX

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2022 at 10:49 AM, ArtMontef said:

Wow that's faster than I thought 1f914.png I will most definitely platinum it again from zero, even if they have save transfer and autopop.Β 

Β 

Now I am hoping for Witcher 3 PS5 version coming faster too. I need both of them in physical version

Β 

honestly how is Cyberpunk. I stopped like 2 days after launch or so..Apparently its much more stable (i have ps5, so it helps run ps4 game better),Β  i was planning on waiting for the ps5 upgrade.Β 

Β 

As for Witcher 3 ps5.... Q3 2022. So July-Sep. I could see late July or Aug 19. But yeah, id buy both physically again. $ aint an issue

17 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Β 

honestly how is Cyberpunk. I stopped like 2 days after launch or so..Apparently its much more stable (i have ps5, so it helps run ps4 game better),Β  i was planning on waiting for the ps5 upgrade.Β 

Β 

As for Witcher 3 ps5.... Q3 2022. So July-Sep. I could see late July or Aug 19. But yeah, id buy both physically again. $ aint an issue

I might not be the best person to ask that question, because I adore that game to death. I have dedicated one shelf just for Cyberpunk figures. I replayed it not that long ago on PS5 and I didn't have any crashes, few graphical bugs but they were more amusing than anything else. BUT. I have played this game always as a netrunner, stealthily taking people from afar and shooting only when it was needed. So I haven't encountered glitches that some people had, I have never been in a shootout with police, like zero times, so I have never encountered the mythical "police spawning behind you" thing (I am sure it must be super annoying though when that happens, they apparently send a drone now first and cops run from one block away to get to you). From stability point it was much much better than during the release, 60fps and no crashes on PS5, also much less texture pop-in. Last year it would crash like every hour, and would have tons of other glitches.Β 

Β 

But I played that game for the story, great world and absolutely magnetic characters. So maybe someone else that played the game RECENTLY after patches could butt in? My view is obviously very skewed in the positive way.Β 

7 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

Can't you upgrade or whatever you call the PS4 version to play on PS5 already?

No, that’s just playing the PS4 version on the PS5. Might have a small patch to up the games ability on the 5 but it’s not the actual versionΒ 

• Like 1

On 10.2.2022 at 9:54 PM, mikem192 said:

No, that’s just playing the PS4 version on the PS5. Might have a small patch to up the games ability on the 5 but it’s not the actual versionΒ 

I played the 1.36 Version on the PS5. You can play it but you should save all the time. Too many crashes. Many graphical errors. Sometimes i couldnΒ΄t pick up weapons and once i got stuck in a wall.Β  But nothing gamebreaking and you have enough autosaves.

Β 

Until the end of march they announcend patch 1.5 and the PS5 release.

IΒ΄m looking forward to the release but i will wait a little time longer. At the beginning i played the game without me caring about the trophys so i missed 1 missable trophy and played it a second time. So i donΒ΄t want to play it again in the near furture. Maybe in half a year.

Tragic thing is at it’s core Cyberpunk is a brilliant game, absolutely loved it on SeriesΒ X.
A game which many developers worked really hard on has its reputation through the mud because the CDPR management didn’t care about the state of the final product on console. Feel PC reviews reflect the reputation the game should have. A cautionary tale on what not to do when releasing a game.

13 minutes ago, Henshin said:

Does anyone know if the PS5 listing is an enhancement to the PS4 version or a completely separate listing for PS5?Β 

Β 

Really just wondering if it will be a new trophy list.Β 

Β 

It's a native PS5 app, and will have it's own trophy list (not sure about autopop though). I doubt CDPR is hyping up for a patch to the PS4 version.

Edited by MadDoggMajima

1 hour ago, MilanYildirim said:

How are you so sure about it? Xbox owners got their patch already and l assume it'd arrive to PlayStation soon.

Well, you forgetΒ that patch 1.5 will come to PS4 and Xbox One regardless of next-gen versions. Gotta fix the game.Β 

• Like 1

Article from GameSpot details changes coming with the update:
Β 

"With the update, Cyberpunk 2077 takes advantage of the additional power of the newest generation of console hardware, allowing for ray tracing features and 4K with dynamic scaling, faster loading times, and a variety of other visual and technical improvements," CD Projekt says.

Β 

During the livestream, developers discussed how a "ton of stuff" is being changed in the 1.5 update, including reworked talent trees. If you already played, you can reset perk points and redistribute them. Perks that were not very useful have been removed, including one that prevents players from being detected underwater. New perks have been added, too, including one called Looking Sharp that enhances your skills with throwing knives.

Β 

Some of the new perks have been purposefully designed to give players the ability to play more aggressively and fast without necessarily needing to use cover. In general, CD Projekt says the new perks should help players find new playstyles. Additionally, the AI characters are better and smarter, while the driving model has been changed as well to make cars feel "heavier." Crowd AI is changed as well. Some NPCs will have weapons and might attack you in certain situations.

Β 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2