PS5 version confirmed and now available

Mathieumatic

25 minutes ago, Junicca said:

I put play disc in, show product-> load test version, it gave error, and then load option become available

Yes. I tried that. I didn't get the error, but after deleting the trial, it shows Download now. It's 55.935 gb

EDIT. It still says trial though. I give up. I'll try tomorrow

Edited by sephiroth4424

Upgrade to PS5 digital from PS4 physical is working fine.

I inserted my PS4 Play Disc into my PS5 and just above the trophy summary there is a window saying « Free Upgrade » instead of 49,99€.

I clicked on it, went through the disclaimers and the download started. No trial mentions, no 5h countdown, just the full game.

23 minutes ago, Amalrik69 said:

Upgrade to PS5 digital from PS4 physical is working fine.

I inserted my PS4 Play Disc into my PS5 and just above the trophy summary there is a window saying « Free Upgrade » instead of 49,99€.

I clicked on it, went through the disclaimers and the download started. No trial mentions, no 5h countdown, just the full game.

It is for some and not for others. So overall not fine :)

Seems to be EU impacted or at least I see reports of Portugal, Ireland and Netherlands.

After the train wreck that was PS4 version, I don't trust CD Red's ability to release a game in a playable state, even on the PS5. I wouldn't be surprised if the game still needs a number of patches. I'll have to wait and see a Digital Foundry video or something like that to see if the game actual works.

Edited by Jake-TheGreat97
  • Like 3

So on their support page it says: 

For disc owners in order to download the Next Gen update the CUSA (PlayStation code) from your disc has to match your PlayStation account region.

and

These countries may carry different disc versions with different languages, check with your vendor which disc version they have in stock
Includes: Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands

So either I have been left out for whatever reason or they screwed up with these codes and people from these countries didn't get the free upgrade.

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/playstation/sp-technical/issue/2084/unable-to-update-the-game-to-the-next-gen-update

Edited by AvariceInc

11 minutes ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Once you have downloaded the digital PS5 version will you always need to have the PS4 disc in the console to launch it if you had a physical copy on PS4 that is?

It works the same way all PS4 discs with PS5 versions work. Exactly how Sony explained it before the PS5 launched and has on their online FAQs about PS5 upgrades.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

So on their support page it says: 

and

So either I have been left out for whatever reason or they screwed up with these codes and people from these countries didn't get the free upgrade.

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/playstation/sp-technical/issue/2084/unable-to-update-the-game-to-the-next-gen-update

How can we check which region is our copy from? Maybe we can make an account from that region and download it

6 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

How can we check which region is our copy from? Maybe we can make an account from that region and download it

Do you have CUSA-25194 version too? I think a UK account might let us download it because on the support page these countries are listed under CUSA-25194 code:

Includes: Poland, UK, Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, India, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

Seems like the region lock issue has been resolved. I couldn’t get the free update yesterday, but checked just now and when I put in the install disc the free update button immediately popped up. I’m in The Netherlands btw. 

Edited by Larzz
Grammar