Is 'All talked out' as bad as people say it is?

captainkopter9

The complaints about the bugs around All talked out is the one thing putting me off from playing this game, as I am genuinely interested in playing it. however the problems people seem to have with this trophy in particular seems to be a bit of an issue. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light, thanks! :)

53 minutes ago, captainkopter9 said:

The complaints about the bugs around All talked out is the one thing putting me off from playing this game, as I am genuinely interested in playing it. however the problems people seem to have with this trophy in particular seems to be a bit of an issue. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light, thanks! :)

I bought the special Ed for this game :) and till this day I have not touched it because of this trophy ? most guides have different issues with it … so, I believe it’s a mess 

I had no issues with bugs when I went for this trophy. But I hated evey minute of it. It's not difficult or anything, but it's a trophy that asks of you to play like a brainless 2-year old and get as much help as you can get. It's a trophy that forces you to play a game you have probably already played through twice or three times (depending when you go for this trophy) in the most boring way possible, waiting around for hints to trigger. 

It's the worst collectible trophy I've earned. It's one of the most boring trophies I've earned, too.

• Like 2

The problem is perhaps not bugs, but because the Trophy Guides out there for the trophy are nothing like what the Official Guide says for how to trigger each of the Conversations!! So what every1 considers bugs, could perhaps just be misinformation, for if you are not doing the trigger exactly right, then it will appear buggy, but actually, you:re doing it a little wrong!!

I'm yet to make a platinum speedrun for it, just haven't got to it yet, hopefully this year ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

The game is wonderful, this trophy? Not so much. I didn't mind because I loved the game so much but it is very finicky. Very specific triggers for lots of them. The beginning in particular is very difficult to keep track of what you've heard because they all sound very similar and they can trigger in different orders to any guide you use. Its a poor trophy in general though in that yes there's interesting bits of commentary you hear from time to time but for the most part it's hints, so you need to play badly to get them

• Like 1

Just did the game over the week-end, and yes, that trophy was a pain...

Like other people said, I think that for most of the hints, the trigger doesn't seem to be very clear, which can give the impression of a bug. But there are clearly a few glitchs too. I've had a least one time where all the guides that I looked at said to stay still and wait and the hint never came... restarted the game, stood still and got the hint.

The only good thing about this trophy is that it stack up between playthrough so if you miss some hints, you can get them in the next one. That totally saved me because I missed one single hint during my second playthrough and I knew exactly which one it was, so I was able to get it during my speedrun playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst part about doing this trophy is hoping the trophy will pop when you get to the last hint, or the hint that you think you missed.  And if it doesn't it could be painful.

I'm impressed with anyone doing a platinum of this game in a handful of days.  It's not something I'd dream of ever doing as I'd hate an otherwise unique and often gorgeous game let down by a few quirks.  I hope it gets a proper PS5 patch for the 60fps to work properly one day.

• Like 1