About to start this game up but the amount of missables is intimidating, not going to lie.

Stars_of_Sirius

One of my favourite games is the Witcher 3 but the missable trophies were such a headache and after doing a quick read it is looking like this game will be too. How bad do you think this is? Worse than dark souls 2? 

I wish there was a missable only guide. As of right now I'm going to have to read over the guide and use google to make my own. Fuck I hate tons of missables lol. 

Honestly the missable trophies In this game isn’t as bad as you think. Most of them are just beat the boss in a certain way. Or delivering a certain item to a certain someone. Or do something before they disappear. It sounds hectic. But it’s quite doable. The bosses can be easier as you can just save to the cloud before you fight the boss. So if you mess up, you can do it again.

but as stated the guide is a life savor. Really detailed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just use this guide. Covers everything and gets you everything possible in one playthrough. 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11279-demons-souls-full-trophy-walkthrough#24-1-3-inner-ward-pt-1

I saw that guide however I love the souls series and I like to play blind with the exception of missable trophies. Also I'm not a fan of following full on walkthroughs as it takes away from the game. Normally what I do is I'll handwrite certain trophies out (usually the missable ones) in order and pay attention to only those. The only thing is this list looked like it had a ton especially with the spells and miracles, but the guy above me lessened my worries. Thanks though! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

I saw that guide however I love the souls series and I like to play blind with the exception of missable trophies. Also I'm not a fan of following full on walkthroughs as it takes away from the game. Normally what I do is I'll handwrite certain trophies out (usually the missable ones) in order and pay attention to only those. The only thing is this list looked like it had a ton especially with the spells and miracles, but the guy above me lessened my worries. Thanks though! 

don't play demon's too blind unless you want your fears to become reality lol, there's always something, like WT messing up causing another playthrough. 

it's fine though, just whatever build you choose make sure you have firestorm for NG+ and enough int and attunement to make use of it. unless you want a pure, HC souls experience to sword and board every single boss on your journey, but fuck that for a first run unless your a true sadist. 

5 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Honestly the missable trophies In this game isn’t as bad as you think. Most of them are just beat the boss in a certain way. Or delivering a certain item to a certain someone. Or do something before they disappear. It sounds hectic. But it’s quite doable. The bosses can be easier as you can just save to the cloud before you fight the boss. So if you mess up, you can do it again.

but as stated the guide is a life savor. Really detailed.

You don't even have to save to the cloud. The game only saves your position if you loot an item, change your equipment, or die and let the game respawn you, which you can just close the application if you die, and it'll place you either just outside the boss room, or where you last looted something

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

don't play demon's too blind unless you want your fears to become reality lol, there's always something, like WT messing up causing another playthrough. 

it's fine though, just whatever build you choose make sure you have firestorm for NG+ and enough int and attunement to make use of it. unless you want a pure, HC souls experience to sword and board every single boss on your journey, but fuck that for a first run unless your a true sadist. 

I noticed the guide does this too but people keep throwing out acronyms without saying what the acronym is first. What's WT stand for? And why is firestorm so important? I've beaten the other souls games and bloodborne. Always used a melee build (with faith) and never had a problem. Never tried a spellcaster before. 

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nothing is really "missable" as such in the first playthrough, since Souls games are predicated on a cyclical loop - I'd suggest just playing blind until NG+, and maybe check a guide or look up specific trophies at the start of that second cycle.

You will likely be completing the game at least twice, (NG and NG+), and most likely at least 3 times - unless you are doing one of those "complete everything in as little time as possible" style runs following a guide to a letter and save-scumming for multiple spells etc, which would remove all the joy from the game.

Souls games are much more fun and interesting the first time if you just wing it - that'll let you find your own path, and make your own discoveries without feeling like you are just emulating someone else's 'optimised' playthrough - which will not necessarily be based in a play-style that suits you.

I know there are guides out there that show tricks to finish in one playthrough, but I think they are a bit of a joy-killer for first playthroughs. If fast completion is your goal, Souls games aren't really the ticket - there are thousands of easier games to get a platinum for that will let you get it in a single playthrough and without anywhere close to the effort required for Demon's Souls.

I'd say just don't worry about the trophies for now - you'll know when you start NG+ what you need to look out for, and which ones you missed - plus, knowing the game by that point, you will be much more able to follow what the guides / online help is telling you, and more prepared to follow through on that info, with your own knowledge as a baseline.

Have fun - it's a hell of a game! 263a.png

If you have to start a new game because you missed something it's definitely considered a missable to me. I love the souls series and I've always played partially blind. I only ever look up missable stuff when playing. I like to meed in the middle between playing bind and enjoying the game, and getting the platinum effeciently. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

I noticed the guide does this too but people keep throwing out acronyms without saying what the acronym is first. What's WT stand for? And why is firestorm so important? I've beaten the other souls games and bloodborne. Always used a melee build (with faith) and never had a problem. Never tried a spellcaster before. 

WT is world tendancy, if you die you are in soul form, and you get less health, when you kill a boss or use a special consumable item you are in human form, and have your full health. 

human and soul forms change the way the game works. for example if your online, in human form you can be invaded by other players, but you can't invade anyone, you can just defend, or pull the internet and play offline without hassle. 

each world has a tendancy meter, and when you start a world you start at neutral, everytime you die in human form in that world, the tendancy shifts towards black, black means harder enemies, better drop rate, much harder game in general, bosses have more health and are more aggressive. 

everytime you kill a boss the world tendancy shifts towards light, easier fights etc. certain quests, items, and NPCs you need to kill only exist in light, or dark and it takes a long time to get Pure White, so everytime you kill a boss on your playthrough it's a good idea to go back to the nexus, hub area and kill yourself back into soul form so you don't accidentally die and fuck up your tendancy. also make backups.

attunement is a stat that as you raise, it allows you to carry more spells in your arsenal, firestorm uses 3 spell slots. when you cast it, it takes a while to get going but it creates multiple flame geysers that shoot up out of the ground and it practically one shots bosses in ng+ with only minimal intelligence requirement. 

from neutral killing 3/4 bosses and never dying in a world in human form, will give you pure white. in pure black world tendancy Black ohantoms spawn, they're like evil powerful variations of npcs you've met in the game, hostile and extremely dangerous. you need to do your first run pure white, all the way to the end, and at the end.. kill yourself to pure black and kill the phantoms. 

confusing, and i'm not the best at explaining, but hopefully this has helped.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

Don’t worry, the missables in this game aren’t anywhere near as bad as you’re thinking they are.

Like DrBloodmoney said, this game is structured a lot like the other Souls games where you’ll typically have to play through 2-3 times to get all the trophies anyways (with each NG+ cycle become exponentially faster and easier as you know your way around and how to defeat the bosses).  

Because of this, you can absolutely do a fully blind playthrough for your first run. In fact, I’d highly recommend it if you want to have the most enjoyable experience. Then you can start worrying about the trophies when you begin NG+. If you decide to do it this way, I promise the game will feel significantly less overwhelming than it does right now when you’re looking at the trophy guide. After beating it once you’ll be familiar with how everything works, how to kill the bosses, know a bit about the world tendency and how it works etc.

In short, this game doesn’t even compare to The Witcher 3 in that sense. Nothing is really truly missable here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The missables are not that bad, just follow a walkthrough guide like the one on this site. If you dont want spoilers, you can always do a full playthrough in ng+ again as the game is not long and is the easiest souls game there is. Just dont sell your boss souls and buy all spells / miracles you can with the npcs.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

You need to do about 2/3 of a NG+ run anyway for the plat, so don't worry too much.

On 21.3.2022 at 11:34 AM, Belmont85- said:

The missables are not that bad, just follow a walkthrough guide like the one on this site. If you dont want spoilers, you can always do a full playthrough in ng+ again as the game is not long and is the easiest souls game there is. Just dont sell your boss souls and buy all spells / miracles you can with the npcs.

what he said :)