READ THIS if you aim for PLATINUM

AJ_Radio, that's right, customer support indeed is no solution regarding trophies' troubleshooting. Indeed, Ubisoft don't seem to see it as a flaw in the perspective of it as a product, not as a game.

Hey DaivRules, thanks for the heads up! My first AC was Odyssey in January of 2021 and had no trouble on it at all, being my second platinum. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I spent more than 400h on it, having achieved platinum by 120h or so...

Then came Origins, Black Flag (no Platinum on this one due to multi-player) and Rogue, and no trouble whatsoever on any of them either.

I could not, however, have imagined I would reap all bugs that could have potentially soured my past experiences in a single AC gameplay as well themed as Syndicate. ?‍?

When you feel such state of cheat, frustration has no limits.

• Like 3

Did you download the latest update for the game? I played the game a few years ago and I don't recall having any trouble with the trophies, I had the game on disc though. The only issue I had was that the game didn't load correctly some times which was solved by closing and starting the game again.

I hope you can find a solution.

• Like 3

I had no problems with any of the trophies back when I got this done. On PS5 when I completed the DLC it had quite a few issues with lighting indoors and screen tearing but it was still doable, I'm assuming those were all issues related to it being backwards compatible and not running it natively on PS4 however.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 18/03/2022 at 10:14 AM, authist90 said:

Good to know that this  happened prevents me from trying to plat which I eventually will cause I like assassin creed games but the newer ones except

Origins finish them yeah and too bad this shit keeps happening with ubisoft

Yeah, like, seeing everyone else's comments gives me the impression that I might have been a very unlucky exception to an average positive experience. Either way, when I uncovered that one of the main trophies had glitched out, I could not unnotice that it went in cascade as a chain reaction on others, which I could only fix with a rather dull replay and careful planning with some manual counting not to miss them again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, amauripedrini said:

Yeah, like, seeing everyone else's comments gives me the impression that I might have been a very unlucky exception to an average positive experience. Either way, when I uncovered that one of the main trophies had glitched out, I could not unnotice that it went in cascade as a chain reaction on others, which I could only fix with a rather dull replay and careful planning with some manual counting not to miss them again.

Amauri, I wonder if your trophy issues were region-related. Your profile says you are in Brazil. I have no experience with coding or writing patches, but if Ubisoft were writing different patches for different regions, your region might have gotten slightly different code than say, North America or Europe. Ubisoft Montpellier was involved in developing both Unity and Syndicate. Unfortunately, they have a history of writing bad game code, so if they were writing patches for Brazil & South America, there is a high probability the code had mistakes.

The other issue you mentioned could be data corruption in the PS4 hard drive itself. However, you stated no other games were unable to unlock trophies once the requirements were met, so that lessens the odds your HDD (hard disk drive) has bad sectors. It's a pain in the neck, but reformating the entire drive and reinstalling applications (games) was necessary for me in two instances. I am not advising you to reformat your HDD! It is simply something to be aware of, especially if other games start behaving oddly (crashing, loading screens stuck, weird audio or visual glitches). If these events start happening in addition to glitched trophies, suspect the HDD. Your current description sounds more like a software issue than a hardware issue. So sad you had to go through this. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 2:45 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

Amauri, I wonder if your trophy issues were region-related. Your profile says you are in Brazil. I have no experience with coding or writing patches, but if Ubisoft were writing different patches for different regions, your region might have gotten slightly different code than say, North America or Europe. Ubisoft Montpellier was involved in developing both Unity and Syndicate. Unfortunately, they have a history of writing bad game code, so if they were writing patches for Brazil & South America, there is a high probability the code had mistakes.

Hey poetic_justice, thank you so much for your support. Indeed, I'm from Brazil. It sounds likely that region-related problems might have been my issue, though I can't say it for sure. Bad coding coming from Ubisoft has been a long time problem for so many players. Since there are also so many people that haven't had any problems at all, I think it might have something to do with it.

On 02/01/2023 at 2:45 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

The other issue you mentioned could be data corruption in the PS4 hard drive itself. However, you stated no other games were unable to unlock trophies once the requirements were met, so that lessens the odds your HDD (hard disk drive) has bad sectors. It's a pain in the neck, but reformating the entire drive and reinstalling applications (games) was necessary for me in two instances. I am not advising you to reformat your HDD! It is simply something to be aware of, especially if other games start behaving oddly (crashing, loading screens stuck, weird audio or visual glitches). If these events start happening in addition to glitched trophies, suspect the HDD. Your current description sounds more like a software issue than a hardware issue. So sad you had to go through this. 

I believe HDD was not an issue in my case, but receive my moral support regarding your need to reformat your PS4's HDD twice. I can safely discard HDD issues because, should it have been so, I would not have managed to achieve the unpopped trophies on the first playthrough on a very focused second time hunt for them.

Thanks again! Cheers!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Played the game until yesterday. Got platinum and finished the dlc. No problems on my end.

I just checked ogdb.eu (website is in german language) and the several European versions and the US one (NA) have the same audio and text languages. Only difference might be the 50/60Hz thing between Europe and USA hence the two different CUSAs.

Another idea is that your system language is on Portuguese. I read (here or on PST), about a game I can't remember, that a player couldn't unlock one or any trophy bcs his system language was on Turkish. Once changed it worked without problems.

I played the NA version with my system on English (UK).

• 2 weeks later...