Amazing Game

Cruscah

I played this game when it launched and not gonna lie, I loved it too.

(Minor potential spoilers regarding the game, but nothing too specific)

Spoiler

I personally feel like chapters 1 & 4 hit me the most, but chapters 2 & 3 had their own stories to tell, and it was nice to see some variety in there. 

Overall, the game had so much charm, despite not having dialogue. It goes to show how dialogue isn't always needed, and music and actions can speak louder, so to speak. 

Definitely one indie game I recommend, especially for being only $9.99. (It is cross buy too, which is nice)

Edited by StygianWolf4
  • Like 4

This game was amazing, I really loved how they went for the B&W and pixelated style.

The music in this game is phenomenal and i can't describe how much i enjoyed it!

Big props to the team for making this amazing short but incredible game

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

This is why word of mouth is so important when games that are worth playing release. Some games deserve attention more than others, and in my opinion, this is one of those. 

I agree, unfortunately I'm a bad gamer. I never look at new releases, my backlog is huge and thus I only purchase games off of the deals section. But its also the reason why I use this site, to try and find these hidden gems.

• Like 2

Ive been looking at this game the past week or so. The cover art was unique and i added it to my wishlist. I was unsure about it since it had no trophies and i wasnt familiar with the game but after reading this and also seeing the trophies go live im going to try it. Thank you

2 hours ago, Silocia said:

I agree, unfortunately I'm a bad gamer. I never look at new releases, my backlog is huge and thus I only purchase games off of the deals section. But its also the reason why I use this site, to try and find these hidden gems.

That's perfectly valid tbh, and I can certainly vouch for this game too. It's one of those short games that lives in your mind beyond the end of the game. Some games really do that, like Firewatch, Edith Finch, Life Is Strange, etc. I'm sure there's many more that can be added, but just as notable examples. 

Edit: There's no such thing as a bad gamer in my opinion, unless you trash talk other gamers or be salty af. As long as you're respectful to other gamers and stuff, then you're definitely not a bad gamer. Just my 2 cents though, some people might have a different definition, or word it better xD

Edited by StygianWolf4
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

It's one of those short games that lives in your mind beyond the end of the game. Some games really do that, like Firewatch, Edith Finch, Life Is Strange, etc. I'm sure there's many more that can be added, but just as notable examples. 

Lost in Random is a game like that, I had the pleasure of playing that game last week while I was ill. I'd recommend giving that a try :)

Just finished it and i found it pretty decent. I certainly know why it names The Longest Road on Earth now. It's one long walking sim basicly.

Fun fact the PS5 version of the game is only 324 MB while the PS4 version is a whopping 2525 MB. The PS5 version is almost 8 times smaller than the PS4 version. Kinda impressive.

• 1 year later...

OP title amazing game, my 2 cents:

...certainly a genuinely beautiful experience. 

However those like me maybe expecting a game, don't.  The emphasis and point is directed at the serene and quite ethereal talented musicians, accompanied by the wonderfully pixelated representation of their story. Going together in perfect harmony.  I question the game aspect as yea like others said theres not much to do and akin to a walking sim, plays out like a mildly interactive music video, which would work just as well without us the players interaction to be fair. But regardless, after a long sore week of hard work, this 'game'/experience was perfect; welcomed, appreciated, and respected, so game or not, yes I loved it ??

• Like 3

Just saw the trailer again and now I'm feeling like playing for a third time :shakefist:

55 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

[snip]

Fair enough, maybe "Amazing Experience" would've been a better title, I feel like it's too late to change it now.

Your comment made me remind of this: https://twitter.com/beicoli/status/1357436926740070403

Specifically the section between 0:31 and 0:44 :P (not saying that it's how you sound btw)

Edited by Cruscah

10 hours ago, Cruscah said:

Your comment made me remind of this: https://twitter.com/beicoli/status/1357436926740070403

Specifically the section between 0:31 and 0:44 :P (not saying that it's how you sound btw)

Lol that video was great ?

Oh yea I'm totally not "yelling" or slandering it, quite the opposite I genuinely positively enjoyed the experience ? I think it was just a little shock when i bought it from the PSN store just cuz I liked the cover art/art style/vibe/trailer (often how I buy my games knowing nothing else about them!) So a little shock like oh, it plays like this, ok, I'll sit back and enjoy the quite beautiful movie length music video then ?

My taste is I often buy games leaning towards the "experimental" category so I'm totally ok with it ?

Side note: Raw Fury are obviously some talented guys so I've also added their other game "backbone"

to my wishlist! Have you played that?

Trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14460-backbone

Trailer: 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Lol that video was great 1f606.png

Oh yea I'm totally not "yelling" or slandering it, quite the opposite I genuinely positively enjoyed the experience 1f642.png I think it was just a little shock when i bought it from the PSN store just cuz I liked the cover art/art style/vibe/trailer (often how I buy my games knowing nothing else about them!) So a little shock like oh, it plays like this, ok, I'll sit back and enjoy the quite beautiful movie length music video then 1f601.png

My taste is I often buy games leaning towards the "experimental" category so I'm totally ok with it 1f642.png

Side note: Raw Fury are obviously some talented guys so I've also added their other game "backbone"

to my wishlist! Have you played that?

Trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14460-backbone

Trailer: 

I liked The Longest Road on Earth quite a lot, (after being recommended it by @Cruscah) and also played Backbone, which I thought was very good generally, with a few issues here and there.

I reviewed it here, if you fancy (it’s the last one in the batch post)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1