Sony to buy Bungie

waltdisneypixar

2 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

It's a good move, but according to Bungie, they will remain multiplatform. 

FKcxOvdWYAIKh2i?format=jpg&name=large

We'll see how this evolve, but at least now Sony can use the expertise of Bungie to develop their own FPS.

It’s just a way of saying it’s muti plat till it’s not ;) you don’t spend billions to let others play! Same with Xbox you spend the money to have it! ? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Ah, so they're merging all the threads here? Huh... I suppose that makes some sense, but at the same time a lot of people see the console section as the place for this stuff so yeah. You can't blame people for missing this here and posting over there.

Consoles section is for platforms that aren't Sony, but we do put PS1 & PS2 threads there. Anything related to Sony should go in PlayStation Network, unless it's specifically about the PS3, PS4, PS5 or Vita as those have their own sections.

The thing about these deals is it's like looking a military tech. They unveil some new shiny machine and people marvel but it's been design and built over many decades it's not new. This deal didn't just happen because Microsoft bought Activision. So my question is, what deals are CURRENTLY being discussed behind closed doors for either Sony or MS. 6 months from now it could be Sony x Square, MS x Sega. 2022 looks like the year of the merger.

This makes sense. FPS games have never been Sony’s strong suit so this gives them access to a talented team experienced in that genre, along with Destiny and whatever IPs they're working on or previous own. Also, if COD goes exclusive, a Bungie-developed multiplayer multiplat FPS could fill in the gap that COD made. 

Also, sounds like Sony are planning on making more acquisitions.

Edited by Herwest299
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Don't understand how this is separate from the "what studio would sony buys to counter MS" thread, as I posted it in there on my phone. But if a mod can move this to that thread, that'll be wonderful. 

This isn’t a response to MS and is very much a thread worthy of its own discussion

Sony buying the studio that was pretty vital to putting Xbox on the map.

083b76195b36ba8c5ffc51bc6b9e11a1.jpg

I guess it was expected since MicroSoft more or less turned the competition into who can buy what over the other. I won't pretend I'm enthusiastic about it since in the end I feel like it still adds fuel to the fire over the whole "My company is better than yours" fanboy crap that I'm tired of seeing that I feel like distracts from the larger picture anyway. But I guess at the very least I would like to see some kind of new FPS game IP since Guerilla don't seem to want to do Killzone anytime soon and Resistance is practically non-existent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orenn16 said:

This isn’t a response to MS and is very much a thread worthy of its own discussion

You’re right. Guess this explains how I had my OP moved to that thread, and I’m still getting notifications from this as I opened it ? 

Edited by kidson2004

I think whenever I look at this acquisitions I think back to the 90s and think to myself "Do you know what, once EA purchased Bullfrog and Westwood, they went on to make loads of really amazing games with those studios and nothing bad happened at all". 

Then I get back to focusing on those flying pigs whilst the strange cold snap continues to affect the far reaches of hell. 

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

So far, will all this stupid spending of billions on companies, the only game I'm pissed to be missing on PlayStation is Senua's Sacrifice 2. 

I hate that Xbox has Ninja Theory as they are an obvious "Sony type" studio.

I don't care about Destiny 2 or whatever new FPS they have in the oven.

Isn't going to he on pc too... play it there. That all i plan to do for MS games. Xbox died long ago

So one of the reasons they bought Bungie was their experience and competence in making live service stuff because Sony is interested in that. I don't like this.

To people saying this isn't reaction to Microsoft buying Activision. Obviously. These deals take a long time to prepare. But don't forget about the Bethesda acquisition as well as other studios MS bought before. Those deal might have influenced this decision.

• Like 1