Spring 2022 Backlog Challenge

21 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Thanks for the advice!  I will take anything I can get to get past this part, lol.

I am doing the plat is one playthrough so can't rpg everything, lol. That being said, I've gotten past the first three frogs, with one of them being on the move. One more tough one I believe, then I should be good to go. I tried rpg for a bit but it definitely doesn't go where I aim, lol.

No worries, if I can be any tiny amount of help I'd try haha

Oh yeah, you know I completely  forget you can get the platinum on this in one playthrough, but I'd imagine it makes the game a little less fun if you're playing it for the first time. What with there being so many things to focus on at once.

There's a whole lot to remember, and like you said in your post it's a whole lot of - getting to an area and then looking at a guide and seeing you need "to collect this animal, this frog, this weapon, this camo..... before.......

CookedPoliteBanteng-size_restricted.gif

Those rockets are weird aren't they, they've got like a weird delay to them, and you have to basically do the reverse of leading a shot, because you're on the bike. I'm sure there's one that is one of the frogs that is near a sign on an airstrip part that you can safely tag with the RPG without any guards nearby it.

21 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Apparently the camo I had equipped drained my stamina, so my gun was just going everywhere. Once I fixed that from a previous save I got it on the 5th or 6th try. I think I'm in better shape now. Can only hope I didn't miss anything. I'd about lose it to go through these frogs again, lol.  I'd rather play the chalice dungeons in bloodborne!   

That's the camo you get from The Fear, from what I remember, I'd forgotten it does that.

If you did miss something, the progress does at least carry over between save files. So if you basically do a playthrough on a cleared game save, and you knew which frog you missed, you'd only have to find that one thing again. I think you'd have to re-find the sets of animals though, I can't remember 100% if they get thrown into the things that get counted when you carry a file over.

If it's any consolation I TOTALLY MISSED SOMETHING xD.... and it was a frog! It made me feel real sad inside haha.... Not a hard one, one that's in plain sight on the mountains just before the boss fight with The End.

I don't know though - I'm not sure I'd want to do that corrupted Amygdala fight again from Bloodborne in that tiny boss arena in the chalice dungeon ?!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

As you're following the 100% guide I'm guessing you're playing on Very Easy difficulty? If you equip the EZ gun and stay still your stamina auto-regenerates. Those frogs were indeed a pain in the ass on the Vita, good luck with the remainder! Loading times on the Vita sucks, especially if you have a lot of save files. I cut mine down to like five when I was doing the motorcycle kerotan's just for quicker retries.

Great tip about the save files.  I've been creating new ones every other area or so.  I'm sitting at 27, lol.  At this point, I might as well just go down to a couple.  I found out it was the camo that was depleting my stamina, even on very easy difficulty.  

39 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Oh yeah, you know I completely  forget you can get the platinum this in one playthrough, but I'd imagine it makes the game a little less fun if you're playing it for the first time. What with their being so many things to focus on at once.

If it's any consolation I TOTALLY MISSED SOMETHING xD.... and it was a frog! It made me feel real sad inside haha.... Not a hard one, one that's in plain sight on the mountains just before the boss fight with The End.

I don't know though - I'm not sure I'd want to do that corrupted Amygdala fight again from Bloodborne in that tiny boss arena in the chalice dungeon ?!

I was wondering if my experience would've been completely different if I did a blind playthrough, but I thought it was just collectibles... how much could it impact my opinion of the game, lol.  I'm so worried that I missed something and it will require a whole extra playthrough.  Will be much quicker than the first, but still frustrating to do the frogs all over again.

Corrupted Amygdala was the easiest of the 3.  Think I spent about 30 minutes on her.  The first one was the hardest, about 90 minutes, and about an hour+ on the fire dog thing.  I'm terrible with names, lol.  Wasn't too hard for me to hope for a ps5 remaster.  Come on BluePoint... Give us another gem!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, neospoon said:

Homefront: The Revolution

It looks like I wasn’t really paying attention when I made the changes on my list because I have two FPS games on here. Usually I try to keep it as varied as possible.

Anyway, the “annoying” part is done, which is doing the multiplayer/co-op stuff. It wasn’t that bad actually and once we got the hang of it we were running missions on hard difficulty pretty quick. The so called grind for multiplayer was not really there and all in all my experience so far has been quite enjoyable. I have low expectations for the campaign, but I’m hoping it will continue on like that!

I heard so much bad stuff about this and personally I had a blast with it mate. Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 4:20 PM, KunoGuy said:

Sign me up again. Finished 15 games on the previous challenge so it was a good dent in the backlog, this time I will start with a smaller list and see if I can add some as time goes on. To start with I will revisit trying to finish Katamari Forever on PS3 since I had lost the save file from back in the day, I've been playing through it fresh. Also I want to beat three of the Sly Cooper games since I had 100% the minigames on the PS3, it requires you play all 3. So here's the list:

Event Games

1. Katamari Forever PS3 50%

2. Daedalus PS4 28%

3. Metropolis Defenders PS4 (Korean) 20%

4. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus PS3 19%

5. Sly 2: Band of Thieves PS3 2%

6. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves PS3 2%

7. Beyond A Steel Sky PS5 0%

8. The Wild At Heart PS4 0%

9. Untitled Goose Game PS4 0%

10. Spider Man Miles Morales PS5 0%

Sorry for the delay. Added.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DoctorComplete said:

I like this!

I have an embarassingly long backlog, and I tend to focus on games until I earn platinums. Right now, I'm at:

You need to go through the sign-up process for the event before you can participate @DoctorComplete - Head back to the first post in the thread and take a gander at the requirements for joining. All of the information you need is there. For example - you would not be able to add Genshin Impact as the completion percentage is too high.

7 hours ago, DoctorComplete said:

I like this!

I have an embarassingly long backlog, and I tend to focus on games until I earn platinums. Right now, I'm at:

Genshin Impact:  85%
I took a few days away to celebrate my birthday with my family. Now that I'm back, I'm splitting between exploring Enkanomiya (no trophy), raising reputation in Inazuma (a trophy, but gated behind 3 bounties and requests per week, ugh), and discovering all of the Enigmatic Pages that make up the Toki Alley series (I think this is the rarest trophy to date).

Asdivine Hearts:  20%
I like KEMCO RPGs because they're easy to play and relatively no-nonsense with just a hint of nostalgia. I admit that Genshin is a time suck and a half. However, when I complete all of the Battle Pass requirements between updates, I just do daily stuff in Genshin and then play other games. I think I'm almost at BP level 40 (out of 50), so I'll be getting back to this game soon. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but be sure to check the first post to see the sign up rules if you want to. 

• Like 1