Does any one even play this game?

Zion081224

• 1 year later...

Word of advice. Don't be that guy who tries to do multiplayer without any upgrades. Play through the game and then grind XP by doing the Restart Checkpoint trick on the first boss in Chapter 1 (This is ridiculously fast. You more or less kill the boss and collect the XP but immediately hit Restart Checkpoint and you can finish him off again). Last rescue missions are extremely hard to do with even 4 people, so don't go in without proper ugprades.

If you start a new game+ then you'll lose all your upgrades but regain all the XP you've spent. So make sure you don't do a NG+ (if you didn't do hardest difficulty right out of the bat) until you finish the Multiplayer Challenges or you'll have to blow through the game to the end to regain the ability to buy all the upgrades.

Edited by Yadilie
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I plan on getting this game in a couple of days just because I wanted something fresh and new to play. I've never seen or heard anything about it but, seeing as how a few of the trophies are Multiplayer related, i'd love to help out if you're still looking for people.

Been a long time since I heard this game mentioned!   I played through it a couple of years ago, wasn't bad...but wasn't great either.   Had some fun moments, and the body part mechanic could be a laugh, but a fairly overall average game.   Don't think I even finished all the campaign trophies never mind the multiplayer ones.   Funny to see it mentioned though, forgot about it!  Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished playing through the game a few days ago and it has to be absolutely one of the worst games that I have ever played...please keep in mind that it takes A LOT for me to say that. This is coming from someone who 100%ed Ride to Hell: Retribution and honestly didn't think it was all that bad. I'm usually able to give games the benefit of the doubt in some form or fashion and am pretty forgiving of their shortcomings, but NeverDead just takes the cake on being terribad. The most broken thing about the game is its core limb severing mechanic. I spent more time trying to keep myself together/look for missing body parts during the redundant fights than much of anything else in the game. Its definitely one of those things that sounds really cool in theory but the implementation just ends up being exceptionally bad. I don't even know if there was a good way of implementing the severed body part mechanic...the only thing that I can think of is perhaps having more creative ways of getting "game overs" than having your head digested by the same enemy over & over again or your partner, Arcadia dying (who is surprisingly more annoying and useless in fights than Elaine from Uncharted 1).

Oh gosh and the camera: I literally got motion sickness after the first few hours that I started playing the game. The camera zooms way too far into Bryce when controlling just his head and creates a vertigo effect (or at least for me it did). Unless you have invaluable time to kill, stay as far away from this crime against humanity as you can.

Congratulations Rebellion/Konami on making a game so bad that it even landed on my sh!t list. It is now officially the worst PS3 game that I've played (beating out Damnation).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, merciful84 said:

I just finished playing through the game a few days ago and it has to be absolutely one of the worst games that I have ever played...please keep in mind that it takes A LOT for me to say that. This is coming from someone who 100%ed Ride to Hell: Retribution and honestly didn't think it was all that bad. I'm usually able to give games the benefit of the doubt in some form or fashion and am pretty forgiving of their shortcomings, but NeverDead just takes the cake on being terribad. The most broken thing about the game is its core limb severing mechanic. I spent more time trying to keep myself together/look for missing body parts during the redundant fights than much of anything else in the game. Its definitely one of those things that sounds really cool in theory but the implementation just ends up being exceptionally bad. I don't even know if there was a good way of implementing the severed body part mechanic...the only thing that I can think of is perhaps having more creative ways of getting "game overs" than having your head digested by the same enemy over & over again or your partner, Arcadia dying (who is surprisingly more annoying and useless in fights than Elaine from Uncharted 1).

Oh gosh and the camera: I literally got motion sickness after the first few hours that I started playing the game. The camera zooms way too far into Bryce when controlling just his head and creates a vertigo effect (or at least for me it did). Unless you have invaluable time to kill, stay as far away from this crime against humanity as you can.

Congratulations Rebellion/Konami on making a game so bad that it even landed on my sh!t list. It is now officially the worst PS3 game that I've played (beating out Damnation).

While the limb mechanic wasn't bad on the lower difficulties, on the hardest it is just plain unfair. An enemy can sneeze on you and all of your parts go flying. I hated the final boss of this too, he's so cheap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

While the limb mechanic wasn't bad on the lower difficulties, on the hardest it is just plain unfair. An enemy can sneeze on you and all of your parts go flying. I hated the final boss of this too, he's so cheap

Maybe that was the issue since I played through on the highest difficulty, but it was still one of the worst gaming experiences that I ever had.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...