"Ceaseless Chatterbox" missable or not?

Xugoshi

Hey y'all!

So I'm a bit confused as to if this trophy is missable or not due to the guide stating that it might be but others claiming that it isn't. Can anyone confirm if this is missable or not? It also stated that you can watch the skits you missed at the campfires when you reminisce. The ones with green exclamation marks are the ones that you need to watch so I'm keeping an eye out. So yeah, can anybody confirm this or do I need to do another playthrough solely for the skits in case I missed too many? Mind you I haven't skipped a single cutscene so far and I always press R1 whenever a skit is available.

Edited by Xugoshi

Here's the thing, let's say this:

You finish an event and a skit appears, if you DO NOT press R1, then you can see this same skit on the camp menu later, but, if the skit is the first of many, then the remaining ones will not appear on the camp menu.

Why did it happen?

The game system only considers a skit IF you can see the skit name at the screen corner asking for the R1 button to be pressed.

Another thing, story-based skits, the ones obtained with the game's main events or skits that are forced to be seen to advance the story, those will always appear, also, those do not count for the trophy either, for the trophy you need the 300 of the 320 optional events skits.

I know this because I lost a few optional skits as they did not appear on my camp menu later, and I did the events to unlock those, luckily I did manage to get the trophy, but I lost over 10 of the 320 optional skits.

• Like 1

So basically the trophy is indeed missable but as long as you press R1 when prompted for a skit you should be fine? That's what ive been doing so far, hope i didnt miss too many, im sitting at 235 skits and haven't even made it to Rena yet. 

1 hour ago, Xugoshi said:

So basically the trophy is indeed missable but as long as you press R1 when prompted for a skit you should be fine? That's what ive been doing so far, hope i didnt miss too many, im sitting at 235 skits and haven't even made it to Rena yet. 

Just take time to check when you enter a new zone and at campfire if a skit is here. Also, there is a sound when a skit is available, so that can help. But knowing that, you should be able to get the trophy.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 2:02 PM, Infected Elite said:

its not missable. I watched over 10 at the camps, and as soon as i hit 300 it unlocked.

We aren't discussing whether seeing at camp counts for the trophy, we are discussing if the skit will appear or not at camp because in my case some did not appear.

On 2/1/2022 at 0:17 PM, Xugoshi said:

There are over 320 skits in the game, the are some that force you to watch the skit, those storylines forced activated skits do not count towards and they do count in the total, 320 skits is the number of skits that require the player to input R1 to see the skit, among those there's the ones that come with the story progress, those always appear at camp later.

And there are the ones that appear sidequest, cooking, and overall non-story related events, those are missable, I know because I lost some in the arena, I did some fights there and went finish the game, obviously forgetting to activate the skit, once the story skit appeared and I pressed the button, the arena skit did not and it also did not appear on the camp menu either, thus losing it.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Someonew said:

We aren't discussing whether seeing at camp counts for the trophy, we are discussing if the skit will appear or not at camp because in my case some did not appear.

There are over 320 skits in the game, the are some that force you to watch the skit, those storylines forced activated skits do not count towards and they do count in the total, 320 skits is the number of skits that require the player to input R1 to see the skit, among those there's the ones that come with the story progress, those always appear at camp later.

And there are the ones that appear sidequest, cooking, and overall non-story related events, those are missable, I know because I lost some in the arena, I did some fights there and went finish the game, obviously forgetting to activate the skit, once the story skit appeared and I pressed the button, the arena skit did not and it also did not appear on the camp menu either, thus losing it.

they do appear, sometimes you have to scroll through.  Source? i got all 320.

Also there isnt more than 320 skits, there is 320. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

they do appear, sometimes you have to scroll through.  Source? i got all 320.

Also there isnt more than 320 skits, there is 320. 

Well, I didn't get 320, might have been a bug in my case, as I scrolled down over and over again and I did not find the missing skits, since they patched the game a lot since then it might have got fixed.

But honestly, it's better to play safe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Someonew said:

Well, I didn't get 320, might have been a bug in my case, as I scrolled down over and over again and I did not find the missing skits, since they patched the game a lot since then it might have got fixed.

But honestly, it's better to play safe.

i just finished the game in january. it was on latest patch. 

Did you finish the arenas, bonus dungeon, Chronos fight, find all artifacts, do every side quest? these all lead to cutscenes when fully completed

18 hours ago, TJsTrophies said:

The trophy is 100% unmissable. Had a friend not know he could press R1 and didn't until finished the game, still got over 300 for the trophy.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Someonew said:

On 2/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, SLennox said:

Just take time to check when you enter a new zone and at campfire if a skit is here. Also, there is a sound when a skit is available, so that can help. But knowing that, you should be able to get the trophy.

Thanks guys, got it yesterday! :D Just needed the clarification is all! :D  

On 02/02/2022 at 2:54 PM, Infected Elite said:

i just finished the game in january. it was on latest patch. 

Did you finish the arenas, bonus dungeon, Chronos fight, find all artifacts, do every side quest? these all lead to cutscenes when fully completed

I did finish it all, even did things that did not grant trophies,  Tales is one of my favorite series, I normally do more than just plat, I often try to get everything.

I finished within 6-7 days after my copy arrived, It was a few days after the release, there was no patch other than the day one patch.

On 03/02/2022 at 10:11 AM, Xugoshi said:

Thanks guys, got it yesterday! :D Just needed the clarification is all! :D  

Congrats!!

• Like 2