Joseph: Collapse DLC trophies

Rammstone

16 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

This one is a goddamn grind again.. You need all mirror traits and some of them are really expensive -.-

It's around the same I'd say as Vaas: Insanity. Pagan: Control was really quick because it was just all power slots (also my favourite DLC in terms of story/aesthetc. 

Echoing others, this is my least favourite of the 3, even though I loved Joseph's character in 5.

• Like 2

On 2022-02-01 at 1:10 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

throwing up trophies you can't get for 6 weeks. never seen this before except for this game, just seemed weird. And ofc Valhalla getting the (first?) ever expansion for an AC game in history... they've had dlcs but never a full blown expansion. Could be the same for this? 

Its the Ubisoft special at this point. At least it wasn't as egregious as Assassin's Creed has gotten with it. Their "additional feats" on Odyssey took from November 2018 to August 2019 to release and be achievable despite being visible on the trophy list the whole time. Even the trophies were just given placeholder text for months until they released the official quest names.

Some tips I haven't seen anyone else mention:

- The fully upgraded Machine Gun melts through the shovel boys, so I would recommend using that. And reroll it until you get both better reload speed and body damage

- There is a temporary buff called Toxic Temper, if you see it equip it immediately. It poisons nearby enemies if you take damage so it tags them, stuns them, damages them and also makes some of them attack eachother. Its extremely powerful

- Use the binoculars when you have unlocked them. It tags enemies through walls for some reason so its really easy to just tag all the enemies in an area even if they are in cover. This is especially useful on mind level 5 when you have no minimap

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kantera said:

I'm almost done with this DLC but my Ubisoft Connect challenges aren't updating.
On Ubisoft Connect, it looks like I never played this DLC and not 1 challenge has been completed.

Has anyone got this issue too?

Thanks!

Yes, they aren't updating for any Ubisoft games, its been broken for 2 days. Ubisoft have acknowledged the issue on their forums but no fix yet

8 hours ago, Rammstone said:

Yes, they aren't updating for any Ubisoft games, its been broken for 2 days. Ubisoft have acknowledged the issue on their forums but no fix yet

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware of that, very much appreciated :). Any idea they will be retroactive?

Thanks!

I went OP with one that was Enable takedowns from the front, coupled with earn extra penance with a takedown was insane! Literally ran around takedowning everyone that wasnt a heavy (even the shovel guys), and then ripped up any yellow named characters with the Machine Gun

ENjoyed this the least of the 3 but still found it decent enough, and loved some of the extra story/info we got on the Seed's

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/03/2022 at 7:42 PM, HedleyNEUK said:

I went OP with one that was Enable takedowns from the front, coupled with earn extra penance with a takedown was insane! Literally ran around takedowning everyone that wasnt a heavy (even the shovel guys), and then ripped up any yellow named characters with the Machine Gun

ENjoyed this the least of the 3 but still found it decent enough, and loved some of the extra story/info we got on the Seed's

Underrated comment. The infinite takedown coupled with knockdown resistance made the shovel enemies a joke. I was practically swarmed by them but they hardly did any damage and takedown after takedown meant I could save ammo. Also, as you say, coupled with the 'earn penance with takedowns' and ‘earn significantly more penance’ you could get up to 5000 penance just by doing Faith's trial alone on mind level 1. The only enemies I actually used guns for were the boss ones and, even then, a headshot with a poisoned pistol or headshot with a shotgun made quick work of them.

Having completed all 3 of the villain add-ons, it's very, very obvious to me that this expansion started off as solely a Joseph Seed DLC before Ubisoft tacked on the other villains. For one, it's the only story context that fits with the concept since it presumably takes place while Joseph is losing his mind in the bunker, and we know he survives at the end of Far Cry 5. It also explains his regret in New Dawn. Additionally, the mirror ‘sins’ fit with the religious theme and the DLC is literally called ‘Collapse’ and at the end of completing all 3 story missions Joseph’s mind starts to  ‘collapse’.  Whereas Pagan Minn’s fate is up to player interpretation but this DLC seems to pretty much confirm he’s dead making Control rather pointless. As for Vaas, we literally watched him die… His return makes no sense and feels like bad fanfic. Also, the constant shouting between him and Citra in Insanity made it easily the worst of the three DLCs for me. Annoying AF.

The Pagan Minn one was probably my favourite in terms of mission design but I think, overall, I like Joseph’s DLC the best for the aforementioned reasons. It was also nice seeing the Family again (even though their faces look nothing like the original models). Jacob was my favourite and I actually enjoyed his trials in Far Cry 5. Only yoooou…

• Like 1