Worth starting now?

Shmeefly

So I have a friend so said he can help speed me through the story on the dlc before it’s removed in the next 20 days, but because of all the chopping and changing I’m confused as to what I need to actually purchase dlc wise, and what trophies are now I obtainable, as of this moment, is it possible to start from scratch and 100% the game, and what’s the fastest route I should take with regards to what dlc to buy and do, i know il need to find a larger group for the dlc raid but if there’s something already unobtainable it’s pointless starting 

2 hours ago, RangyRV said:

Its still possible to obtain 100%, but story wise it can be messy if you start now.

@RangyRV can you elaborate on “messy”, how so, I understand I have about 20 days to finish what’s remaining of the story, is it doable in that time free, I can’t find the dlc free anywhere but my friend tells me I can unlock it in game but need a better understanding of it all as it’s now I tight time limit, he did it ages ago so his knowledge is as chopped up as the content is

18 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

@RangyRV can you elaborate on “messy”, how so, I understand I have about 20 days to finish what’s remaining of the story, is it doable in that time free, I can’t find the dlc free anywhere but my friend tells me I can unlock it in game but need a better understanding of it all as it’s now I tight time limit, he did it ages ago so his knowledge is as chopped up as the content is

Same here, only started last night wondering if it was a massive mistake or it is still relatively doable?!

Going through the story part in that amount of time will be a breeze, especially if you have a friend handholding you. You also need to be aware of the quests for Malfesance and Wishender . The first one is just to enable an easier seal for 'Seal the Deal' in Dredgen and the second one is required for 'An Exotic Journey'. 'Darkness Falls' likely won't happen this season as none of those nightfalls are due to be in rotation again before Witch Queen so the only way to replay them would be via Grand Master catchup mechanic and I don't think that's realistic to get to a point where someone is able to finish those GMs in that time frame, even getting to a power level where one can even attempt them would likely involve playing the game at an unhealthy amount... Technically you can get the seal Unbroken to unlock 'Seal the Deal' as well but that one requires you to get quite good at PvP...

So yes it is possible but you will need to really put your mind to it and complete the parts of that will be removed in the next few weeks. Last Wish is not getting removed so you can set that aside for now.

The trophy guide here is very well done and your friend hopefully will be able to handhold you to speed up parts of the process. The campaign it self for Forsaken is only about 6-8 hrs or so, it can be completed in one evening if you go for it.

Hi,

Long time Destiny player here,

First of all I think you shouldnt play this just for the trophies as this isnt as fun as just playing the game. And the trophies arent that interesting. That being said, the trophies will come naturally if you play the game ''as intended''.

As for buying the DLC's. Buying the latest season or DLC is allways best if you want to invest in the game, as this gives you the most recent (meta) gear. Also buying the latest content will speed up your leveling by a lot because you will earn more rewards with those activities. If you really want to buy something, look into the upcoming DLC, Witch Queen, this comes out 22th of february. Buying this season may not be as worth anymore, as most stuff will be somewhat outdated next season and DLC.

The most challenging trophy will be the Grandmaster Nightfall, as this requires a lot of leveling your gear and they usaully appear towards the end of the season (so you probably need to do them next season as you wont level enough before the end of this season). Even when you are the required level the Grandmaster Nightfalls are still a good challenge, but with the right group and strategy it isnt too bad, trial and error :).

Also this game shines with a group of friends. So find a good clan or persuade some people to play with you.

Lastly, there is A LOT of content on youtube around this game, so this can allways help you.

Be sure to add me if you have more questions :)

100% will be rough, as it will be mostly vaulted in Witch Queen. It will come back at some point, but that will most likely take a while.

Knowing how Bungie handeled this kind of things in the past, they will probably find a solution for these kind of things, like they did in the past with the trophy list of this game. (like the now Nightfall trophy, it required a Hard version raid completion of a now vaulted raid)

• Like 1

Unless you have multiple angel investors like your friend and the guy who posted above me, you've made a massive mistake and the platinum will take you a long time. Not just in duration but in effort as well.You're gonna need the right gear and speedrunning to the endgame is no issue, it's getting the meta weapons if you want anyone to play with you. Unless your whole crew are fine doing the hardest content in the game essentially being down a person(doable in the old prestige raid, but not nightfall) you're just gonna have a giant headache with this game. The time you'll need to spend getting the right gear is also a pick you poison situation, spend 50 hours grinding out a raid hoping for this 1 weapon to drop so you can spend 20 hours trying to clear a grandmaster nightfall, or spend 70 hours+ trying to clear the grandmaster nightfall without the 'right' gear hoping that weeks or days or whatever modifiers work out for you. Everything about the game is designed to waste and eat all of your time, the game IS FREE TO PLAY, with them WANTING you to spend money on either expansions or other forms of content.

I'm not sure what changed since I last played entirely but the exotic weapon farming and the weapons badge for at least the Forsaken DLC portion will make at least a 100% very, very hard and you will be constricted to things having to reset every week. I don't know how much time Gambit has left before getting deleted but that's what I did to get my 100% and that was ONLY PvP, which was incredibly hard with the games very poor matchmaking but I would do that again over trying to do flawless runs of Raids or dealing with the community in any shape or form. And that was with every player using a rocket launcher called Truth where unless you saw it coming a mile away and dove behind cover, you would die because the rocket had literal perfect tracking and would just follow you behind cover.

To try and make things easier on yourself if you want the 100% you're gonna have to drop a lot of money so you have all the up to date content, which last I recall would be like $150 at this point for the Deluxe Edition Witchqueen, Beyond Light and the 25th anniversary packs+maybe Forsaken. The community will tell you and be all friendly saying you don't need all the content but if you don't, you won't have the gear the community uses and thus no one will play with you or they will expect you to gear up like they did. Getting the Last Wish raid done took more time than it should've because of the amount of people that didn't have Thousand Voices or Whisper of the Worm so groups would just dissolve instantly, or once raid clear numbers would come up people would leave.

All of this is my personal Experience coming from platting Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, they were not fast plats and stopped being fun really quick. You're better off waiting 6 months for the rest of the content to get deleted and see what the guides and the trophy lists look like at that point. I see you haven't started D2 yet and my personal recommendation is to completely avoid it. This is not a prestigious platinum because no one truly knows the work needed to put unless they are also Destiny players, the content is always changing and someone who got the plat in 2018 might not be as prestigious or impressive as someone who got it in 2019. If you want fun, hard platinums there are hundreds of different choices, picking an MMO is NOT a good choice EVER if you want trophies. The game is endless lists of accolades and challenges and meters to fill, just play Call of Duty if you want meters constantly filling up in a shooter.

Edited by StanPortrBridges
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

Unless you have multiple angel investors like your friend and the guy who posted above me, you've made a massive mistake and the platinum will take you a long time. Not just in duration but in effort as well.You're gonna need the right gear and speedrunning to the endgame is no issue, it's getting the meta weapons if you want anyone to play with you. Unless your whole crew are fine doing the hardest content in the game essentially being down a person(doable in the old prestige raid, but not nightfall) you're just gonna have a giant headache with this game. The time you'll need to spend getting the right gear is also a pick you poison situation, spend 50 hours grinding out a raid hoping for this 1 weapon to drop so you can spend 20 hours trying to clear a grandmaster nightfall, or spend 70 hours+ trying to clear the grandmaster nightfall without the 'right' gear hoping that weeks or days or whatever modifiers work out for you. Everything about the game is designed to waste and eat all of your time, the game IS FREE TO PLAY, with them WANTING you to spend money on either expansions or other forms of content.

I'm not sure what changed since I last played entirely but the exotic weapon farming and the weapons badge for at least the Forsaken DLC portion will make at least a 100% very, very hard and you will be constricted to things having to reset every week. I don't know how much time Gambit has left before getting deleted but that's what I did to get my 100% and that was ONLY PvP, which was incredibly hard with the games very poor matchmaking but I would do that again over trying to do flawless runs of Raids or dealing with the community in any shape or form. And that was with every player using a rocket launcher called Truth where unless you saw it coming a mile away and dove behind cover, you would die because the rocket had literal perfect tracking and would just follow you behind cover.

To try and make things easier on yourself if you want the 100% you're gonna have to drop a lot of money so you have all the up to date content, which last I recall would be like $150 at this point for the Deluxe Edition Witchqueen, Beyond Light and the 25th anniversary packs+maybe Forsaken. The community will tell you and be all friendly saying you don't need all the content but if you don't, you won't have the gear the community uses and thus no one will play with you or they will expect you to gear up like they did. Getting the Last Wish raid done took more time than it should've because of the amount of people that didn't have Thousand Voices or Whisper of the Worm so groups would just dissolve instantly, or once raid clear numbers would come up people would leave.

All of this is my personal Experience coming from platting Destiny 1 and Destiny 2, they were not fast plats and stopped being fun really quick. You're better off waiting 6 months for the rest of the content to get deleted and see what the guides and the trophy lists look like at that point. I see you haven't started D2 yet and my personal recommendation is to completely avoid it. This is not a prestigious platinum because no one truly knows the work needed to put unless they are also Destiny players, the content is always changing and someone who got the plat in 2018 might not be as prestigious or impressive as someone who got it in 2019. If you want fun, hard platinums there are hundreds of different choices, picking an MMO is NOT a good choice EVER if you want trophies. The game is endless lists of accolades and challenges and meters to fill, just play Call of Duty if you want meters constantly filling up in a shooter.

''Unless you have multiple angel investors like your friend and the guy who posted above me, you've made a massive mistake and the platinum will take you a long time.''

This makes me sad lol

• Like 1

Okay mate here is some real advice from a trophy hunter and not some Destiny lifer fanboy. You have the exact time. First, you will need to buy the Forsaken expansion as the free version Destiny offered at the end doesn't include trophy support. Once you have that focus on the Forsaken story and you will get a few story progress trophies. The week of Feb 8th the nightfall strike will be a Forsaken and you must defeat its boss for a trophy and the last chance at nabbing it before the Witch Queen power reset.

Basically, aim at completing as many of the Forsaken trophies as possible before Feb 22nd. On that date, Then Tangled Shore location will be vaulted tho Dreaming City will stay. I've been on D2 for just 2 months and will achieve all but the Grandmaster Nightfall trophy before the power reset date previously mentioned. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 3:59 PM, Shmeefly said:

I mean, nothing trophy related, but you can easily feel lost about whats going in the story, if you care about it at all. There are many vaulted content and after the introduction mission, the game let you do anything you want in any order. If you havent played every season in order it can be confusing.

• Like 1

Ok everyone thanks for the input, I have no issue with platting a long winded mmo, I have destiny 1 completed and nothing will ever come close to earning 100% on elite dangerous so this will be a cake walk in comparison, just wanted to know if I have the time to unlock anything that would result in missing out on a perfect 100% before content is once again chopped, so thanks for the clarification @JohzyDeMartin

With that in mind il probably just get forsaken and just start hammering it lol

I know from starting il have to start investing in the new dlcs so I don’t mind having to wait to pop certain trophies until witch queen when I’m more up to speed, time to kick it off then, doom 1 and 2 after this, yikes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAdamantoise said:

OK just to be clear, 100% will be difficult as forsaken is soon to be removed, but the plat will still be achievable even if it may take a long time? 

In other words there are no missable trophies in the base game? 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong 

Thanks guys. 

As far as I know, only storyline trophy might become unobtainable in forsaken.

• Like 1

Shite game, don't feed Bungie money and enjoy something more fun. This game is really confusing and there's barely any roadmaps as to how to trophy clear it the fastest way, and if there is it'll be obsolete every 18 months or so when new content is added and old content is removed (granted the 100% will ALWAYS be obtainable as Bungie makes sure to adjust trophy requirements, usually making it MUCH harder..)

• Like 1