Community combat challenges

bobthecrazydog

Flippin' 'eck. I've now tried Crime Alley probably a hundred times. I've recently gotten through several times with only one hit on either Round 3 or Round 4, but every time I manage to not react fast enough to something unexpected or the batclaw decides to target the wrong person or not do anything, or I press the appropriate button but nothing happens or...[insert annoying thing that trips you up here]. I feel like I'll get there eventually but when I do it'll be more dumb luck than anything else. And this is with Batman who is supposed to be easier... Much the same problem with Monarch Theatre. Most of the time I clear 3/4 rounds but make one mistake in the other. I wouldn't mind if it was the same round each time so I could just practice more on that. Nope. I've even cleared rounds 2-4 after making a mistake on like the first enemy on round 1. But clearing rounds 1-3 perfectly I then balls up round 4. I think I'm getting too old for this...particularly when I look at YouTube videos of people clearing it without breaking a sweat, and usually with considerably more style. ?

Meanwhile I'm going for 100% on NG+ for the heck of it which seems a cakewalk so far in comparison. :lol:

I do not remember having a lot of issues with these, especially Batman; however, I would advise mantling over enemies and striking when able to avoid most, if not all, attacks unless you cannot otherwise. Despite what people may believe - mantling over an enemy does not break the combo, at all actually; matter of fact, so long as you continue to mantle over enemies, your combo can last...indefinitely; thus, avoiding damage entirely from physical attacks; although, if they have guns then that is another story and should be your main focus as soon as possible.

Cold Requiem is just an endurance run that lasts longer than it should be, but it is doable if you have the patience and just avoid avoidable damage. Crime Alley is easy if you avoid using instants as you can really rack up points, but iirc that is common knowledge. Again, I personally never found the community pack that difficult like other people seem to have. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Added extra information.
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 6:30 PM, x410xDragon said:

I do not remember having a lot of issues with these, especially Batman; however, I would advise mantling over enemies and striking when able to avoid most, if not all, attacks unless you cannot otherwise. Despite what people may believe - mantling over an enemy does not break the combo, at all actually; matter of fact, so long as you continue to mantle over enemies, your combo can last...indefinitely; thus, avoiding damage entirely from physical attacks; although, if they have guns then that is another story and should be your main focus as soon as possible.

Cold Requiem is just an endurance run that last longer than it should be, but it is doable if you have the patience and just avoid avoidable damage. Crime Alley is easy if you avoid using instants as you can really rack up points, but iirc that is common knowledge. Again, I personally never found the community pack that difficult like other people seem to have. 

Yes the redirect is essential to get very far I find. I'm trying to see patterns of where I go wrong. Sometimes it's a brute where I don't react fast enough to counter (or I redirect but get hit doing so). Sometimes I try to batclaw slam an electrified grunt and it targets someone else and then I get hit. I suppose with that one I could batclaw super stun to be on the safe side but not sure if that provides the same invincibility frames. Other times seem to be just 'I pressed the button...' kind of situations where I guess I'm either not fast enough or I pressed something else first that negated it. Guns don't give me problems usually if I can batarang or just attack them quickly. 

Requiem I haven't tried yet. I was kind of saving it to last as it looked more fun (in the sense of at least you get to see something different by battling croc). Crime Alley I definitely find the hardest, even keeping the criticals to take grunts down quicker (I keep takedowns for brutes and otherwise avoid it, or use disarm if I think I'm going to be hit by something). I'll keep on trying. If I could clear one of them with one character it would give me a lot more motivation!

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a month of practicing a bit every day I finally did Crime Alley with Batman. Few days later did it with Robin. And after three attempts did it with Nightwing. One trophy down. Don’t think I did anything different with any of them. Only used standard moves, nothing fancy. Used the brute in round 2 as a sponge to charge the combo meter but otherwise played it safe and leapt around like a flea in heat. One thing that worked for me was letting the medics live longer so they keep charging goons, giving me lots of opportunities to batclaw slam and thus charging takedowns on the two brutes which are too dangerous to keep around for long. So aside from those minor tips and to say keep persevering...good luck anyone else who’s still trying.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobthecrazydog said:

Well after a month of practicing a bit every day I finally did Crime Alley with Batman. Few days later did it with Robin. And after three attempts did it with Nightwing. One trophy down. Don’t think I did anything different with any of them. Only used standard moves, nothing fancy. Used the brute in round 2 as a sponge to charge the combo meter but otherwise played it safe and leapt around like a flea in heat. One thing that worked for me was letting the medics live longer so they keep charging goons, giving me lots of opportunities to batclaw slam and thus charging takedowns on the two brutes which are too dangerous to keep around for long. So aside from those minor tips and to say keep persevering...good luck anyone else who’s still trying.

You'll have to do the same with Requiem for a Killer. Don't do takedowns, don't focus medics, constantly hop around. If you managed Crime Alley the other two will be more attainable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get a bit frustrated now. On Monarch Theatre I’ve now gotten perfect knight once, done perfect rounds 2-4 three times, and done perfect rounds 1-3 more times than I can count. It just won’t quite give me it. Mistakes now are usually camera-related when I go to punch a grunt and it automatically swings me towards a brute or something else that ruins the run. About 70 hours now just spent on this and the Crime Alley one. And still haven’t managed one character on Theatre yet. God knows how many attempts that works out as. 1000?! FFS...

Edit: of course about half an hour after I posted this I got it with Batman. On to the next... ?

Update: One year and a bit later, finished Monarch Theatre. The secret? Turning off HDR and ensuring game mode was on. That's it. All the tips in the world beforehand made only marginal differences. HDR off made it play like a whole new game. I could counter as the game intended and react fast enough. Cleared the other three characters in only a couple of hours each. Stupid thing was I read about it ages ago and @MickeyMixLipa @MushuMixLipa (double agent alert) told me as well, but I had lost the will to live by that point.

Edited by bobthecrazydog
Update
  • Like 1