Can I pop the plat if I 100% Hitman 2?

TheVitaminO

This has probably been answered so many times, but if I were to get every single trophy in Hitman 2 then transfer my progress, would the Hitman 3 Platinum autopop? Or are there more trophies that I'd need to do in Hitman 3 specifically to unlock plat, and if I don't get all the trophies from transferring, how many of the trophies would I get from transferring?

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No, of course not.

Most of the DLC ‘packs’ would autopop, as those are based on the legacy levels, but none of the Hitman 3 base game trophies would - those are related to playing Hitman 3’s levels, not playing the legacy ones.

I thought there were some trophies that are the exact same for the base game Hitman 2 and Hitman 3

9 minutes ago, ObsidianPlayzz said:

I thought there were some trophies that are the exact same for the base game Hitman 2 and Hitman 3

only in the Hitman 3 ‘DLC’ packs - that’s where all the legacy stuff lives, with trophies for the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content… and those will autopop (most of them anyways.)

The base list and platinum for Hitman 3 are entirely for the new levels though, (plus the tutorial levels, which feature in all 3 games, and progress and trophies don’t carry over for those.) 

If you’re interested, I had Hitman 2 at 100% when I loaded up Hitman 3 for the first time, so if you go to my trophies for Hitman 3 (the PS4 version) and sort by date, you’ll see exactly which ones autopop and which ones don’t.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

only in the Hitman 3 ‘DLC’ packs - that’s where all the legacy stuff lives, with trophies for the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content… and those will autopop (most of them anyways.)

The base list and platinum for Hitman 3 are entirely for the new levels though, (plus the tutorial levels, which feature in all 3 games, and progress and trophies don’t carry over for those.) 

If you’re interested, I had Hitman 2 at 100% when I loaded up Hitman 3 for the first time, so if you go to my trophies for Hitman 3 (the PS4 version) and sort by date, you’ll see exactly which ones autopop and which ones don’t.

I was just curious if I could be lazy and get a free plat. Apparently not, but I do like the Hitman games so at least I'll be having fun lol. Thanks tho

Edited by ObsidianPlayzz
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ObsidianPlayzz said:

I was just curious if I could be lazy and get a double plat. Apparently not, but I do like the Hitman games so at least I'll be having fun lol. Thanks tho

You would pop all but afew of the legacy trophies but you would still need t gobac an reo the sniper levels and I think a couple others simply because they added trophies for completing challenges that didn't exist before 3, as for 3s main game I honestly think it's a Fair improvement over the previous 2 games in plot and mechanics

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2022 at 9:49 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Does this auto pop thing work when buying Hitman 3 for PS5 and carrying over your PS4 account?

I only have the PS4, so if I bought Hitman 3 for PS4 would the legacy stuff auto-pop or because its PS4 would I have to just go through them again?

1 minute ago, DanteIshimura said:

Does this auto pop thing work when buying Hitman 3 for PS5 and carrying over your PS4 account?

I only have the PS4, so if I bought Hitman 3 for PS4 would the legacy stuff auto-pop or because its PS4 would I have to just go through them again?

It's all server based, so any trophy with an in-game challenge associated with it (which is 95% of them), will automatically pop on any platform that you have already unlocked that challenge for on your online profile - provided your online profile is being carried over, of course.

As I recall, carrying over progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 was based on using an IO website to do a one-time-only transfer though - I have no idea if that site and service is still functional.

Probably is, but I've never had any reason to check since launch. 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's all server based, so any trophy with an in-game challenge associated with it (which is 95% of them), will automatically pop on any platform that you have already unlocked that challenge for on your online profile - provided your online profile is being carried over, of course.

As I recall, carrying over progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 was based on using an IO website to do a one-time-only transfer though - I have no idea if that site and service is still functional.

Probably is, but I've never had any reason to check since launch. 

Cheers lad. 

I think I will leave it. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

I think I will leave it. Thanks for the info. 

It doesn't require the website. Not to transfer, that is all done by merely loading up the game. There's a trophy in the last chapter of hitman 3 that is buggy, might require you to delete your data through that IO site. If you have to do that though, anything you unlocked will be deleted but you won't be able to use them for that chapter anyways. The chapters themselves stay unlocked and are unlocked from the beginning (for anyone else who visits the thread).

8 minutes ago, Not_like_therest said:

It doesn't require the website. Not to transfer, that is all done by merely loading up the game. There's a trophy in the last chapter of hitman 3 that is buggy, might require you to delete your data through that IO site. If you have to do that though, anything you unlocked will be deleted but you won't be able to use them for that chapter anyways. The chapters themselves stay unlocked and are unlocked from the beginning (for anyone else who visits the thread).

I remember having to use a website to transfer

- just looked it up, and here it is:

https://profile.hitman.com/

Is this no longer required then? Because it definitely was at launch of H3

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I remember having to use a website to transfer

- just looked it up, and here it is:

https://profile.hitman.com/

Is this no longer required then? Because it definitely was at launch of H3

Idk I thought the site was for ps4 to ps5 back then. I didn't use it when I auto popped the ps4 version of hitman 3 recently. I auto popped it backwards though (ps5 to ps4), still haven't played the ps4 hitman 2.

8 minutes ago, Not_like_therest said:

Idk I thought the site was for ps4 to ps5 back then. I didn't use it when I auto popped the ps4 version of hitman 3 recently. I auto popped it backwards though (ps5 to ps4), still haven't played the ps4 hitman 2.

I'm pretty sure the guy I responded to is talking about importing from Hitman 2 (PS4), to Hitman 3 (PS5), not importing between different console version of Hitman 3.

Once your profile is within Hitman 3, it's all automatic, that's true - but importing your profile from Hitman 2 into Hitman 3 requires the website transfer process.

Had to scroll up but, the poster didn't say they was going from hitman 2 ps4 to hitman 3 ps5, just that he had a ps4.

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm pretty sure the guy I responded to is talking about importing from Hitman 2 (PS4), to Hitman 3 (PS5), not importing between different console version of Hitman 3.

Once your profile is within Hitman 3, it's all automatic, that's true - but importing your profile from Hitman 2 into Hitman 3 requires the website transfer process.

If it is all server side and they are importing into hitman 3, why would they need the website at all? Have they really not addressed this on twitter or reddit? Do they communicate at all with the fanbase?

16 minutes ago, Not_like_therest said:

Had to scroll up but, the poster didn't say they was going from hitman 2 ps4 to hitman 3 ps5, just that he had a ps4.

The last 3 games on their profile are Hitman, Hitman 2 and Hitman 2: Additional Expansions.... all of which are at 100% compete... and they don't have Hitman 3 (of any console version) on their profile. 

Therefore, I used my super-powers of deductive reasoning, and assumed they were talking about importing from the one they've done, to the ones they haven't.

Since the answer is completely immaterial whether they play on Hitman 3 on PS4 or PS5 - they still need the website transfer regardless if they want to import their progress - I answered.

If it is all server side and they are importing into hitman 3, why would they need the website at all? Have they really not addressed this on twitter or reddit? Do they communicate at all with the fanbase?

Well.... I would say they do, since I'm part of that fanbase, and I knew what website to use... as did everyone else going from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 at the time of launch.

It's been a few years now, so there isn't much new info on it...

...but given that AFAIK nothing has changed, the website is still up, and it took me less than 10 seconds of googling to find it...

...I'd say they're doing about as much as they reasonably could be expected to be doing. :dunno:

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm also fairly sure that the process is explained within the game itself - though I've not had much reason to look, since it's only a one-time requirement.

As for the reason - I'm no server expert, but I'm fairly sure the reason is that the servers for Hitman 3 are not the same servers as for Hitman 2. (Probably due to the clusterfuck involved with each different game having different parent companies and publishers over the course of the trilogy.)

Therefore, the website is required to identify the information contained in your Hitman 2 profile, and recreate in in a new Hitman 3 profile, which is then attached to your PSN profile going forward.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1