Don't let the fear mongering about blitz battles and the low percentage fool you

Infernopommes

I guess it's probably a lot easier now, since lots of inexperienced players have flooded the game recently due to it being free for PS+ subscribers.

Don't gloss over this little detail, since in a few weeks the game will be back to mostly hardcore players again.

Don't gloss over this little detail

I didn't, I hint at that in my last sentence.

I faced high level competition, highest I lost to was 99, highest I won over was 96. Yes, currently IS the best time because of the PS Plus flood. But just because someone is a hardcore player in this game, doesn't mean he's unbeatable. The toughest player I faced was a level 2 (probably an alt acc though).

THe point is, don't give up. It is very doable.

for me the blitz trophy and the undisputed trophy is being hard for me till now i think i lostlike 20 consecutive matches, sometime is the lag sometime its just me playing bad and sometimes the game glitching :((( 

On 2/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, Infernopommes said:

I didn't, I hint at that in my last sentence.

I faced high level competition, highest I lost to was 99, highest I won over was 96. Yes, currently IS the best time because of the PS Plus flood. But just because someone is a hardcore player in this game, doesn't mean he's unbeatable. The toughest player I faced was a level 2 (probably an alt acc though).

THe point is, don't give up. It is very doable.

Edited by DaivRules

1 hour ago, dtb345 said:

This trophy is luck tbh, I keep getting paired with lol 99 no life's who don't have a job or friends

so like 90% of this site whos just a bunch of nobodies who play games daily, all day. If they work they come home and immediately get online.

I agree it is luck based, good luck lol.

• Like 1

This might be a foreign concept to some, but people can be better than you at a game even if they have a job and/or friends. The real question is, why do you personally attack others just because you are unable to get a trophy in a game?

And I don't think I got lucky four days in a row. Of course, luck is a factor and will make it easier, but it is not needed.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 3

On 3-2-2022 at 1:22 PM, Infernopommes said:

I have to admit, this game is way better than I anticipated.

I was really afraid of starting it, since I play UFC 3 all the time, and figured I couldn't adjust to the new controls (and I still can't deny a takedown due to muscle memory).

Anyway, the Blitz trophy is the rarest and I read so much about how hard it is and so on. So I did it on two other accounts first, to see if I can do it. I have won now three Blitz battles in as many days. First was KO mode, best of 3, Lightweight only. Second was KO mode, best of 3, kicks only, Bantamweight (w) only. Third one was one round of stand and bang, punches only, Bantamweight only. So no need to wait for the Minute to win it thing. I'm not even a good kicker (if it's kicks only) and still got it after five attempts or so. I'm a good boxer, so I got it on the third attempt (with the first two attemps coming to an end due to robbery by the judges in the fourth round each).

Just keep calm, be patient and you will get it. With it being on PS+ now, it might be the best time to do it, since many new players will be there for you to demolish. Good luck.

it actually is really easy, just tried going for it the first time and lost in the finale when the opponent had 1 hp left.

Edit: got it the attempt right after

Edited by jelkeh11
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jelkeh11 said:

it actually is really easy, just tried going for it the first time and lost in the finale when the opponent had 1 hp left.

Agreed, compared to the last 2 entries UFC 4 is a cake walk. The removal of Ultimate Teams for this game made it significantly easier overall and less of a time sink. I managed to break top 100 first achievers for the plat back when it first came out a couple of years ago. For comparison it took me between 350-400 hours to plat UFC 3 legit and something like 250ish hours for UFC 2. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:22 AM, Infernopommes said:

I was really afraid of starting it, since I play UFC 3 all the time, and figured I couldn't adjust to the new controls

You can actually change the controls to "Legacy Grappling" in the settings somewhere. Makes it to where you can use UFC 3 grappling controls instead of the terrible controls that UFC 4 tries to get you use when you first start playing. 

You can actually change the controls to "Legacy Grappling" in the settings somewhere.

Yeah I know. The WWE 2k20 style submission minigames, the takedown/takedown defense as well as the clinch are still all new and garbage.

Also, I like that you can sway while blocking, and the calfkicks, but overall the striking feels clunky compared to the fluid striking in UFC 3.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2022 at 0:32 AM, dtb345 said:

This trophy is luck tbh, I keep getting paired with lol 99 no life's who don't have a job or friends

You got platinum in less than 2 days ... on a game needing something like 20 hours of gameplay.

So i guess you are the perfect example of what you discribe right ? X)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

You got platinum in less than 2 days ... on a game needing something like 20 hours of gameplay.

So i guess you are the perfect example of what you discribe right ? X)

you can do it in less than 20. if you're pretty quick with online trophies you can do it 10 or less hours.

• Like 1

On 7.2.2022 at 11:46 AM, Infernopommes said:

This might be a foreign concept to some, but people can be better than you at a game even if they have a job and/or friends. The real question is, why do you personally attack others just because you are unable to get a trophy in a game?

I agree. 

My brother is a beast at Runescape. he put around 15.000 hours into it, since he was a kid. He takes long breaks, but it's his game. 

The problem with some players on this site, is that they are HARDCORE trophy hunters and play 100+ different games a year. How can you expect to be good at a single game, if you play a different game all the time? 

Those "GOD players" on UFC4, maybe UFC4 is the only game they play. And then of course they WILL be better than the trophy hunter, only trying to boost the trophies. 

"OMG, someone who ACTUALLY puts time and effort into this game, is wooping my ass, it's so unfair, fix the trophy list" ;) 

• Like 3

If anyone is interested, my second try for today. Didn't know it was Taekwondo again, and I suck at kicks only. I lost early in the previous attempt, but that run taught me about the knees. The spinning body kick, I figured out during this run.

I don't know the movesets of the fighters, since I almost exclusively play Ultimate Team in UFC 3. And I suck at kicks only. This is just to show you, that you don't have to know the controls perfectly to win. You just have to observe your opponent and then adjust accordingly.

In the final round for example, the guy barely checked any leg kicks. So of course the strategy is to attack the legs. I shouldn't have lost the second round, but I got carried away.

Also, keep in mind that we are not trying to fight pretty here. We are solely trying to win. Don't exploit the game, just exploit your opponent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

If anyone is interested, my second try for today. Didn't know it was Taekwondo again, and I suck at kicks only. I lost early in the previous attempt, but that run taught me about the knees. The spinning body kick, I figured out during this run.

I don't know the movesets of the fighters, since I almost exclusively play Ultimate Team in UFC 3. And I suck at kicks only. This is just to show you, that you don't have to know the controls perfectly to win. You just have to observe your opponent and then adjust accordingly.

In the final round for example, the guy barely checked any leg kicks. So of course the strategy is to attack the legs. I shouldn't have lost the second round, but I got carried away.

Also, keep in mind that we are not trying to fight pretty here. We are solely trying to win. Don't exploit the game, just exploit your opponent.

Seeing your video, i wanted to give it a try, with little hope considering it's the first time tonight i play a UFC game :D

It tooks me many tries, but got it ! Glad i got the hardest trophy in the game, i guess the rest should be a walk in the park now ^^ (i hope :P )

• Like 1

Today's mode is boxing, which is by far my biggest strength, so I got it first try again. Don't worry, I won't spam videos, from now on I will edit further streams into this post if I do any. I hope to get more different modes out, so people can look up something that suits them more.

The final round was tough. If you paid attention, you see that I didn't throw combos in the beginning, unlike the rest so far. I was still doing combos, but it would not register and stop after the first punch instead. Sometimes this happens, I have no idea if the opponent is doing something or if it's just random. Maybe someone has some insight.

What you may take away from this: Even if it looks bad, keep going. I turned the fight around and would have probably also won a decision.

I also had trouble with the elbow spammer. I simply don't like elbow/knee spam and can't handle it very well, because it annoys me so much. But these people can be handled too. Don't give up.

Yeah when all I fight is created fighters with janky ass "video gamey" costumes who are 20+ levels above me not giving up doesn't do shit expect give them an easy win in a dying game lol

Edit: in the last 5 attempts the average level above me was 27 lmao

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

I got to round 5 twice yesterday in Takwando

We will see if I have any better luck with boxing but this is a difficult trophy. I have gotten a lot of lower level people now though so if you want the trophy don’t wait as now is probably the best time to try.

4 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I got to round 5 twice yesterday in Takwando

We will see if I have any better luck with boxing but this is a difficult trophy. I have gotten a lot of lower level people now though so if you want the trophy don’t wait as now is probably the best time to try.

For what its worth I've played 10-15 matches today and I think I saw a single level 7, a couple in the low teens, most around 20, and a few in the 40s....

All this while being almost halfway to level 2!

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

I won against a level 96 when I was level 2. Don't look at the level and already give up. Level has nothing to do with skill. Did you claim any rewards so far? Maybe your level could already be higher. Maybe they got to a higher level by playing career, claiming, and so on. Don't look at anything else other than what your opponent is doing, then react to it. The guy I fought in the finale has the Season 2 badge on his player card (currently Season 14), so he doesn't seem like a newbie. Didn't stop me from winning after playing this game for less than a week (granted, with previous experience in UFC 3, but I would argue there is value in not being used to other controls/animations and so on).

Videos of how you fight would be helpful to evaluate how you could improve.

Edited by Infernopommes

I don't want to improve? Im good enough to spam stuff to do everything offline for the trophies i really don't want to spend days/weeks learning the in's and outs of a game that the majority of fans disliked.....the majority of trophy hunters won't finish....and the majority of people don't even know if there is a UFC 5 of not lol