Don't let the fear mongering about blitz battles and the low percentage fool you

Infernopommes

Why did you comment then in the first place? Just to complain about how you get matched up with high levels? This thread is about helping people who want to get the trophy, so maybe open your own thread for stuff like that.

EDIT to avoid more posts:

30 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

If you feel that way ask a moderator to remove it. I commented it because it isn't ""fear mongering" it can easily be the hardest trophy in the game especially when you play agaisnt people who have clearly been playing this game for months/the entire time its been out. Besides advising people to boost (and why I think that way) is a valid way to get to trophies so I did advise them...

That's my point ... I got this trophy the very first day I played this game.

I just today defeated a guy who plays this game since at least Season 2. I defeated players who had significantly higher levels than me. It doesn't matter what they're level is. You can't control that. You can only control how you react to them.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

If you feel that way ask a moderator to remove it. I commented it because it isn't ""fear mongering" it can easily be the hardest trophy in the game especially when you play agaisnt people who have clearly been playing this game for months/the entire time its been out. Besides advising people to boost (and why I think that way) is a valid way to get to trophies so I did advise them...

3 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

This thread is about helping people who want to get the trophy, so maybe open your own thread for stuff like that.

You should ignore this guy, you try to help him but seeing his responses he doesnt deserve it -_-

I got it thx to your topic, i also tried in my 1st day and got it legit, so im glad you posted it !

Thank you sir :) 

And hope it will help many others too ^^

• Like 1

It's a low percentage trophy for a reason - because it's a difficult trophy to obtain. Winning 6 in a row isn't an easy task. And as for the high level players not being an issue, well it is an issue clearly because they have hundreds of hours experience playing the game, hence they're likely to know a tad more about the game.

You just need to get lucky with your opponents and hope you come up against 6 lower skilled players than you.

I won't stress about it - whether I get it or not is no big issue, but I'll give it a few attempts.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what to tell you guys. It feels like people are now just repeating what has been said over and over again.

well it is an issue clearly because they have hundreds of hours experience playing the game, hence they're likely to know a tad more about the game.

Sigh. It. Doesn't. Matter. I got the trophy the very first day I played the game. Not on the first try, but on the first day. I beat people who play this game almost since launch after playing it for a week. Have you watched my videos? I very rarely use any advanced moves, heck the boxing video is 80% just jab-straight-jab-straight spam. That are two buttons that you need to know, plus knowing that you move around with the left stick. Will that knowledge alone get you the trophy? Probably not. But it is enough to get at least to round four. Now add an Overhand (R1+Triangle) and a few hooks (L1+Square/Triangle), maybe an uppercut (Square+Cross/Triangle+Circle) and that's it. I think I go two or three times to the body in the entire run? Makes for a nicer combo and would be advisable in a real match, but in these short matches it is a safer bet to just hammer on the head.

In the first Taekwondo run two days ago, I didn't even know how to do knees. I got defeated by someone who used them, so in the next run I just tried various buttons until I found how to do them. I also discovered the spinning body kick by accident. It's not magic, it all comes down to observing what your opponent does and then reacting accordingly. I could have looked up all the moves before fighting to make it easier for myself, but the point I'm trying to make is, you don't need to have an in-depth knowledge of this game.

If anybody think it's impossible for them, that's fine. But please don't come here and complain how impossible it is, because it is clearly not and this thread is for people who want to find a way to get it done, not to discourage people. If your way is doing it by boosting, that is also fine. But there are countless comments about that already, also the forum is not the place for it, just create a Gaming Session.

For anybody still interested in doing it legit, you can post a video of your Blitz fights if you want, and I can try to see if I can give you any helpful tips on your fighting style.

EDIT:

Also, don't get me wrong. If you can't do it, you can't do it. There are plenty of things in other games I can't do that other people have no problem with. But especially because I'm a mediocre gamer, I feel like everybody can do this if I can do it.

EDIT 2 to avoid new post:

1 hour ago, Happyrinx42 said:

Personally, I get angry but I'm going to keep trying, I just find it very frustrating, I also tried the Direct-Jab technique repeatedly, but in Round 3/4 we always come across a guy who masters everything, blocks everything and breaks you in 10 seconds despite your guard...

A video would help. From what you wrote, it seems like you are not backing up enough. Personally, I never got into headmovement, but that would be very helpful here as well. Again, without a video, hard to say.

EDIT 3:

52 minutes ago, Morphiar said:

Well done on getting the trophy done on your first day so easily, that's great stuff. It doesn't change the fact it's a low percentage trophy that clearly many people struggle with. Yes, the level of an opponent matters. If you have 1 hour played on the game vs someone with 300 hours, it can play a factor on the potential outcome. It. Does. Matter.

I think the reason the trophy percentage is so low, is because people spend more time complaining about how hard it is than to actually do something about it. Or they get scared by all the people saying how hard it is, I know I was. I get it consistently in one or two tries now for days, I won that thing seven times so far. If I can do it, almost everybody can, there is no magic to it. Yeah you can say it's just luck, you can say I'm just a good gamer, you can say all kind of things to explain it, but the fact is, I can do it consistently without having a ton of hours in this game, so the hours are clearly not a deciding factor. They may give you an advantage, but they are not needed. The mode might play a role, just as boxing is my strong suit and kicking is my weakness, somebody else may have another strength and find a mode that's better suited for them.

Not once did I say it was impossible. Clearly it is possible to do.

You didn't nor did I say you did. You are not the only person commenting in this thread.

EDIT 4:

I would even argue having a lot of hours in this game can be your downfall. People who play for this long, usually get stuck in patterns. So if you observe your opponent and react to their patterns, they have a hard time adapting because what they did for so long was successful and now it isn't anymore. Happens in real life too, look at Nunes vs Pena for example. So again, in my opinion, being able to observe your opponent and reacting to what they are doing is the key above anything else. Doesn't mean there are other factors, but I truly believe this is a really important one.

Look at the final round in my boxing video. That guy is around since Season 2, I'm sure he has a lot of hours in this game. Even if for some reason he hadn't played since then, the badge tells us he was a high level player back then, so unlikely that he lost his skills (and he does have the badges for Seasons 10, 12 and 14 ...). Look at how he manhandles me within the first 60-90 second, then has no answer when I figured him out. He couldn't adapt, because he is used to playing like that. He dropped me in less than 30 seconds, that's not something anyone else in these boxing runs was able to do so far, he is by all means a way better player than me at this game. But I am better at observing and reacting. And I won. Now you might say I got a lucky KO and maybe I did, but look at the scorecards afterwards. Even without the KO, I would have won the decision.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

Well done on getting the trophy done on your first day so easily, that's great stuff. It doesn't change the fact it's a low percentage trophy that clearly many people struggle with. Yes, the level of an opponent matters. If you have 1 hour played on the game vs someone with 300 hours, it can play a factor on the potential outcome. It. Does. Matter.

Not once did I say it was impossible. Clearly it is possible to do.

• Like 1

Wow this guy really typed out 4 paragraphs across as many edits... 

Why are you so against everyone who says that THEY can't/don't want to spend the hours required to learn a game that they will do ideally less than 10 online matches in beat the campaign in a day or two and then never play again? Nobody is devaluing your skill or saying that you cheated to get it so why type out paragraphs on paragraphs? We are saying this trophy is hard and that its percentage (way lower than everything else) shows that. You on the other hand are saying it is doable if you have the reaction time/knowledge. Where the hell is the argument there?

• Like 1

To anyone with a high school level of reading-comprehension and logical thinking, please don't let the negativity affect you by nonsense that is easily debunkable with the very statements in this thread.

I tried to challenge myself and see if I can complete it with just the jab (square), the straight (triangle), with blocking (R2) and with moving around (left stick). Technically, I failed the challenge. I throw an uppercut right away (turned it in a feint immediately and wouldn't have connected regardless, but still), for whatever reason (EDIT: on rewatching I realised, the uppercut is my instinctive reaction because I saw him going to the body), also I evade the overhand spammer once. Those are on me. The elbows, while not allowed, are not on me though. Sometimes, the game doesn't register that you already let go of R2 (which is the modifiers for elbows). But it wasn't about the challenge. It was about showing you can get it with the bare minimum of controls. Of course, everything on top highly increases your chances, but if you can press three buttons and move the left stick, you can get this trophy. Will you get it on the first try? Unlikely. But it can be done, and the only reason for the percentage being so low is that people simply don't try enough and blame it on circumstances. Honestly no judging, there are plenty other games where I probably do the same, but if you want the trophy and can't boost or whatever, don't listen to these people, just focus on the task at hand.

No point for me to post in this thread anymore. Those who want to complain will continue to do so, those who are looking for help have gotten plenty. If you still need advice, you can send me a PN. Note that I cannot advice on anything if you don't show me a video of your fights.

Edited by Infernopommes

48 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

To anyone with a high school level of reading-comprehension and logical thinking

So insulting multiple people isn't making a judgement? Only one person said it is impossible everyone else has said they dont think it is worth it to put the time/effort in on a niche sports title given away as a freebie. Could someone get both trophies in the minimum amount of matches while beating the highest ranked people in the game? Yes but you could also spend 10 hours or 20 or 100 and for me personally I rather be spending that time playing a game I enjoy, if im going to play a game I dont care about (and think is not fun) I would like more than 2 trophies to show for it. 

Edit: The only person who said it was impossible later said they are going to keep trying so nobody in here thinks it is an unobtainable trophy 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy