So how is it?

willmill97

22 minutes ago, nukillerstar said:

To walk it down pretty simple:

The pros: It's the same Dying Light you know and love from the first game. Story is super bland, like I got more out of the original's story, at least so far. But it's the combat you're here for? You're in the right place.

The bad: Trophies are mad glitched and it's probably a 7/10 or something until they add a NG+, mission select, etc. I'd say it's worth holding off, similar to how many in the first week or two of Returnal sometimes had complete areas glitched because they weren't always online.

With that, bugs have already started forming for me, like my screen randomly going black for a half a second or so. I don't know what other extended bugs there are, but I don't think there was a "Day One patch" yesterday. Maybe it'll be pushed sometime today but, if I were myself 48 hours or so ago when I preordered, I would have skipped this until

-bugs are fixed
-mission select is added

-NG+ is added

That's my super-quick forum review. Feel free to object to none or all of it.

I got the copy sitting right next to me and even i'm thinking about holding of on it till they fix atleast the trophy bugs. I could not be bothered if a trophy bug and forced me to redo the entire game, just no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nukillerstar said:

The pros: It's the same Dying Light you know and love from the first game. Story is super bland, like I got more out of the original's story, at least so far. But it's the combat you're here for? You're in the right place.

The bad: Trophies are mad glitched and it's probably a 7/10 or something until they add a NG+, mission select, etc. I'd say it's worth holding off, similar to how many in the first week or two of Returnal sometimes had complete areas glitched because they weren't always online.

With that, bugs have already started forming for me, like my screen randomly going black for a half a second or so. I don't know what other extended bugs there are, but I don't think there was a "Day One patch" yesterday. Maybe it'll be pushed sometime today but, if I were myself 48 hours or so ago when I preordered, I would have skipped this until

-bugs are fixed
-mission select is added

-NG+ is added

Called this! I knew they would have glitched collectibles like the first game which I am not sure they fixed and also they are known for releasing games with a ton of bugs. Unfortunately we are their QAs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nukillerstar said:

-bugs are fixed
-mission select is added

-NG+ is added

Why a new game plus on an open world can't you just go back anywhere end game with all your stuff?

Just had a blast playing coop with a friend, the game is super fun, but we're on a trophy site so trophy-wise, if you are OCD about getting the plat, I would say AVOID this game, the trophies are glitchy as hell, even the unmissable automatical story trophies don't unlock properly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Why a new game plus on an open world can't you just go back anywhere end game with all your stuff?

I think it follows that Borderlands formula (if you're familiar), where quests and stuff are mostly your main experience source. I thought PowerPyx mentioned something that's nigh impossible to do in one run, maybe it was XP, maybe it was the $1 million in cash...a lot of trophies aren't thought through for one playthrough, or they expect you to keep buddying up with people who haven't finished the game yet, which is just...bleh.

A NG+ would also solve a lot of the collectable screwery too, or a mission select. 

6 minutes ago, nukillerstar said:

I think it follows that Borderlands formula (if you're familiar), where quests and stuff are mostly your main experience source. I thought PowerPyx mentioned something that's nigh impossible to do in one run, maybe it was XP, maybe it was the $1 million in cash...a lot of trophies aren't thought through for one playthrough, or they expect you to keep buddying up with people who haven't finished the game yet, which is just...bleh.

A NG+ would also solve a lot of the collectable screwery too, or a mission select. 

Hopefully it's similar to the original where it has several repeatable quests 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

There are some collectibles in the tutorial area that cannot be revisited, even in other player's games.  This is one instance where a NG+ would be helpful.  Also skills, not enough points to upgrade both trees in one playthrough.  You would need to save scum without a NG+ option.

15 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

There are some collectibles in the tutorial area that cannot be revisited, even in other player's games.  This is one instance where a NG+ would be helpful.  Also skills, not enough points to upgrade both trees in one playthrough.  You would need to save scum without a NG+ option.

Fair enough

Already had an 'unmissable' story trophy glitch out so I don't hold much hope for the three huge collectibles ones.

Can we also say how ridiculous the Fit as a Fiddle trophy is. Having to not spend points on health or stamina until late game purely for a trophy really does spoil the gameplay. Trophies should not spoil gameplay.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 4

I'm loving it so far, about 10 hours in. Story and characters better than I expected (not as dark/comic as original so far) though it's the gameplay that really stands out. Beautiful parkour-murder sandbox map. Skills and level ups feel meaningful. Missions/activities feel pretty balanced and fun.  My only concern is that trophy hunting is going to detract from enjoyment - stressing about potential missables and reported bugs (nothing like that for me yet) stopping things popping. I've been chill so far though spamming the survivor sense button like mad and doing side missions as they come up. I probably will miss something but I'm sure in time there will be a good collectable guide before the game brings me back with planned DLCs.

If Treyarch are going to support this game like the original then I imagine they are already planning post game or new game+ options - things like stat trackers, non missable collectables outside or epi/prologue and something like legendary levels so I can be max power on both combat and agility trees. 

I’m honestly really enjoying it, just doing every side quest and spamming R3 to see any collectibles in side quest areas. Doesn’t seem like there’s actually much missable areas anyways tbh. 

I also in my 5 hours so far have had 0 bugs like at all which is great ? I can see it’s frustrating missing out on trophies but besides that it’s an amazing game does everything the first one did and 100 times better.

1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

So upgrade each stat till you hit 48 on both and save the rest. Once you collect all 126 inhibitors, make a back up save somewhere so you save scum. Pump the remaining into 1 stat and pop the trophy. Reload the back up save and pump the remaining into the other stat and voila.

Wow I feel dumb for not thinking of it like that ? I’ve been playing and some of the windmills are impossible because of the lack of stamina but not anymore thanks to you! Still can’t believe I was just attempting the whole game 0 upgrades ?

Edited by SzzPS
  • Like 2

I'm enjoying it so far my one complaint would be I wish safe zones told you how much stamina you needed to climb them like windmills do, just wasted a good 20 minutes trying to climb to the nightrunner's hideout on the roof of saint joseph hospital and unless I'm an idiot and couldn't find the right route, it is impossible without stamina upgrades

6 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Its not that bad. There are 126 total inhibitors. 78 is the max per stat? Pump 48 into each stat and save 30. 48x2=96. 126-96=30.

So upgrade each stat till you hit 48 on both and save the rest. Once you collect all 126 inhibitors, make a back up save somewhere so you save scum. Pump the remaining into 1 stat and pop the trophy. Reload the back up save and pump the remaining into the other stat and voila.

Terrific idea of course! Thanks for the mathematics too, I'll stack up right now.

Also I did wonder about picking up inhibitors in co-op games as I did a mission and picked up a few, so if this keeps stacking we might be able to get beyond 126. This might be Techland's intention.

5 hours ago, SzzPS said:

Wow I feel dumb for not thinking of it like that 1f611.png I’ve been playing and some of the windmills are impossible because of the lack of stamina but not anymore thanks to you! Still can’t believe I was just attempting the whole game 0 upgrades 1f602.png

:D

For some reason I'd done the same thing without thinking about it, just left that part of the screen totally alone until it hit 78.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anke said:

Also I did wonder about picking up inhibitors in co-op games as I did a mission and picked up a few, so if this keeps stacking we might be able to get beyond 126. This might be Techland's intention.

Just went to check this now, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I unlocked a few airdrops and inhibitor crates with a buddy last night. I went back to those same crates in my own game just now and they don't seem to give me inhibitors anymore, just gave me some random gears. Hope someone else can please also double check and verify.

Edited by whassupbun

12 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Called this! I knew they would have glitched collectibles like the first game which I am not sure they fixed and also they are known for releasing games with a ton of bugs. Unfortunately we are their QAs

Yeah. Techland always have glitchy games on release, and trophy wise too. Dead Island 1 and 2 were no different. Infact Dead Island was the first game I ever experienced on PS3 that had so many game breaking bugs, and now it's a pretty common thing.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 7:41 AM, Gryfter said:

Its not that bad. There are 126 total inhibitors. 78 is the max per stat? Pump 48 into each stat and save 30. 48x2=96. 126-96=30.

This.

I see a lot of tears about this trophy but some simple mathematics without throwing your toys out of the cot will show that the above solution is absolutely perfect. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

This.

I see a lot of tears about this trophy but some simple mathematics without throwing your toys out of the cot will show that the above solution is absolutely perfect. 

It's far from perfect because the game doesn't give you sufficient amount of inhibitors for the upgrades in the game, very bad game design.