So how is it?

willmill97

20 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

When you don't consume yourself and worry about trophies while playing it, the game is actually quite good. 

It's far more enjoyable to play the game for fun the first go around and then worry about trophies after if you think you want to go for platinum. Playing the game for fun, what a shocking concept, huh? 

Some of us are capable of doing both, but it's not the fault of Platinum hunters that games still ship with buggy trophies, collectibles, etc. 

• Like 3

On 04/02/2022 at 10:41 PM, Gryfter said:

Its not that bad. There are 126 total inhibitors. 78 is the max per stat? Pump 48 into each stat and save 30. 48x2=96. 126-96=30.

So upgrade each stat till you hit 48 on both and save the rest. Once you collect all 126 inhibitors, make a back up save somewhere so you save scum. Pump the remaining into 1 stat and pop the trophy. Reload the back up save and pump the remaining into the other stat and voila.

Powerpyx says 81 is the max for each stat. Which one is it? 81 or 78?

[ I’m putting this in a few forums in regards to glitching. Literally would’ve costed me my entire playthrough if I didn’t have cloud pack up. ]

CLOUD SAVE, CLOUD SAVE, CLOUD SAVE.

I literally would’ve lost my 15+ hour progress if I didn’t. I joined someone’s game, did something weird, then it booted me to one of the major faction buildings back in my own game. I was inside, but there wasn’t anyone. My bed wasn’t there, no vendors, and it looked half loaded in. I couldn’t get out of the building. I joined someone else’s game, then quit, still was stuck in the building. Had to reload a cloud save an hour back.. but it would’ve been the entire game if I didn’t have the cloud.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

It's far from perfect because the game doesn't give you sufficient amount of inhibitors for the upgrades in the game, very bad game design.

Cyberpunk did the same, as did The Witcher 3 from memory There have been other open world games where the developer wants you to make a choice when choosing skills rather than simply taking them all. You can still max out either stamina and health and have about 75% of the other. Do some basic maths, (tip: the post above does it for you) and save some inhibitors towards the end of the game. Upload your save, max out one, download your save, max out the other.  If you can't be bothered doing that then play the game twice. There are also many games that require you to play through multiple times if you want the platinum.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:41 PM, Gryfter said:

Its not that bad. There are 126 total inhibitors. 78 is the max per stat? Pump 48 into each stat and save 30. 48x2=96. 126-96=30.

So upgrade each stat till you hit 48 on both and save the rest. Once you collect all 126 inhibitors, make a back up save somewhere so you save scum. Pump the remaining into 1 stat and pop the trophy. Reload the back up save and pump the remaining into the other stat and voila.

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Powerpyx says 81 is the max for each stat. Which one is it? 81 or 78?

I initially used 78 because thats the number PowerPyx initially had. You see the "?" at the end of my sentence? Its there for a reason. The main point of my initial post was to let people know you can start upgrading instead of just saving everything till the end. If you dont upgrade a bit in the beginning, you'll have a miserable time with the game. 

For everyone else:

Now that the max is 81 (according to PowerPyx because I havent reached the point where I can max out my stats), heres the new math:

126-81=45

45x2=90

126-90=36

45 is the new cutoff to stop upgrading for both stats. If you want to be safe, stop upgrading at 40 or 30. Still better than not upgrading at all.

As a reminder, in case common sense is lacking, those numbers are in the amount of inhibitors. Since it takes 3 to upgrade a level, you have to divide the number by 3 so 45 is actually level 15.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

I initially used 78 because thats the number PowerPyx initially had. You see the "?" at the end of my sentence? Its there for a reason. The main point of my initial post was to let people know you can start upgrading instead of just saving everything till the end. If you dont upgrade a bit in the beginning, you'll have a miserable time with the game. 

For everyone else:

Now that the max is 81 (according to PowerPyx because I havent reached the point where I can max out my stats), heres the new math:

126-81=45

45x2=90

126-90=36

45 is the new cutoff to stop upgrading for both stats. If you want to be safe, stop upgrading at 40 or 30. Still better than not upgrading at all.

Cool, thanks for working that all out. Much appreciated.

Just to be clear it's recommended to stop at Level 10-15 for each stat, correct?

6 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Made missable collectibles depending on your choices. (Forces you to get a co-op buddy to purposefully pick the opposite to get them all.)

Wait, fucking what? Really? I read somewhere (forgot where there's so many threads) that the collectibles for the opposing choices would be available for pickup at their respective quest start location. Was that not true? Can you literally not do it without coop?

The more I read the more I wish I could refund before I even start, spend my money on something else until all this gets sorted. Wish Sony had Steams policy ?

2 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Wait, fucking what? Really? I read somewhere (forgot where there's so many threads) that the collectibles for the opposing choices would be available for pickup at their respective quest start location. Was that not true? Can you literally not do it without coop?

The more I read the more I wish I could refund before I even start, spend my money on something else until all this gets sorted. Wish Sony had Steams policy 1f610.png

It's Powerpyx who has this stated but if this isn't true and we need to co-op then we have to rely on someone being at that side quest at the moment of the day you want to play it, it's not as if we can replay anything and help a friend. It's pure luck.

I found the game rather lackluster at the start but after a couple main missions things start to get interesting and it definitely picks up. I still wouldn't say it's great as of now but I'm enjoying it a lot even with it's rough edges. Co op makes it even better but it's a bit of a hassle at the moment cause it's not working as it should, takes too much effort just to join friends. The gameplay and open world activities will definitely carry this game as neither the characters or story seems interesting whatsoever.

29 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Made 2 missable collectibles in prologue. (Forces you to do a new game)

- Made missable collectibles depending on your choices. (Forces you to get a co-op buddy to purposefully pick the opposite to get them all.)

- Made missable side quests when you progress too far in the main story. (Forces you to do a new game)

- Made 2 upgrade sets that don't have enough inhibitators to max out your character. (Forces you to do a new game or save scum)

Additionally, you need to catch up with the maths as it has changed from 76 to 81 as of current, even lessening the amount of skills one can have. You said it yourself with the save scum tactic, the fact a player has to do that instead of being able to just get them all like 99% of open world game says it all.

To address some of this, missable collectibles in the prologue yes stupid. 

Missable collectibles related to choices? I believe you can revert decisions after completing the story for clean up so while they’re missable in a certain aspect they’re actually not ?.

In terms of the inhibitors I don’t think people understand how it works you are NOT locked out of any skills! Put 4 points into health and 7 into stamina this will allow you to unlock ALL skills in the game. From that point you should have enough health and Stamina to do basically everything in the game. I know this because this is how I’ve done it I’ve nearly maxed both skill trees and only have 7 points in stamina and 4 in health.

Edited by SzzPS

58 minutes ago, SzzPS said:

To address some of this, missable collectibles in the prologue yes stupid. 

Missable collectibles related to choices? I believe you can revert decisions after completing the story for clean up so while they’re missable in a certain aspect they’re actually not 1f642.png.

In terms of the inhibitors I don’t think people understand how it works you are NOT locked out of any skills! Put 4 points into health and 7 into stamina this will allow you to unlock ALL skills in the game. From that point you should have enough health and Stamina to do basically everything in the game. I know this because this is how I’ve done it I’ve nearly maxed both skill trees and only have 7 points in stamina and 4 in health.

If you can revert, then that's great news, all I've heard is that it's only doable in co-op with a player who picks the opposite. As for the inhibitors, fair enough you get all the skills, but still really awful we don't get to max out the character. Thanks for info :)

19 hours ago, Gryfter said:

The main point of my initial post was to let people know you can start upgrading instead of just saving everything till the end. If you dont upgrade a bit in the beginning, you'll have a miserable time with the game. 

1 hour ago, GTAJJ said:

The developers chose to have this type of experience for the player. Awesome...

Of all the issues with this game, I dont see this as a problem. The game was meant for us to play, find upgrades and upgrade accordingly to unlock more of the game. Thats called progression. Most games do this. You unlock upgrades, skills, etc to take on more difficult content as you progress through said game. You can choose not to upgrade and attempt to beat the game. Bloodborne and some of the Final Fantasies (dont remember which) are a couple examples.

While I personally wont, Im sure some hardcore gamers will attempt to beat Dying Light 2 with no upgrades. That is their choice and they'll do so knowing they wont 100% the game. The developers did not choose that experience for them. 

Back to how this topic started, players initially thought they had to hold all the upgrades in order to pop the 2 trophies and that is just not true. 

2 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Of all the issues with this game, I dont see this as a problem. The game was meant for us to play, find upgrades and upgrade accordingly to unlock more of the game. Thats called progression. Most games do this. You unlock upgrades, skills, etc to take on more difficult content as you progress through said game. You can choose not to upgrade and attempt to beat the game. Bloodborne and some of the Final Fantasies (dont remember which) are a couple examples.

While I personally wont, Im sure some hardcore gamers will attempt to beat Dying Light 2 with no upgrades. That is their choice and they'll do so knowing they wont 100% the game. The developers did not choose that experience for them. 

Back to how this topic started, players initially thought they had to hold all the upgrades in order to pop the 2 trophies and that is just not true. 

I think there was some confusion, as that was my point of open world games. The way the devs chose to restrict the total amount of inhibitors, while asking for more without respec, creates this unnecessary need to having to save up your upgrades, risking a poorer, unintended experience as you mentioned because they designed the game that way for the trophies. Or play another 40 hours or something and re collect everything. Either option isn't fun IMO.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, GTAJJ said:

It's very different when it's a smaller linear game, compared to an open world game. The developers have designed the game to be annoying with missable stuff in an open world environment. It's simply bad game design when the consequence of playing for "fun" is to play 50 - 80+ hours again re grinding stuff that you've picked up. I would love to just do what you said and play at my free will and then choose to then focus on bits and bobs but the developers have:

- Made 2 missable collectibles in prologue. (Forces you to do a new game)

- Made missable collectibles depending on your choices. (Forces you to get a co-op buddy to purposefully pick the opposite to get them all.)

- Made missable side quests when you progress too far in the main story. (Forces you to do a new game)

- Made 2 upgrade sets that don't have enough inhibitators to max out your character. (Forces you to do a new game or save scum)

This is unacceptable in general, not because of trophies, but the genre of the game shouldn't have this type of missible stuff to the point if a player just plays for "fun" and doesn't look and plan out the missable stuff. they may need to replay the game 4 times. Very bad game design.

It's no different than a game like Fallout where there are many quests and other things that are completely missable if you make certain choices or kill the wrong NPC by accident or something, also requiring multiple playthroughs if you want to see everything the game has to offer and get the other choices as well as all trophies. The trophy list is like that because the developers maybe want to entice you to play through the game twice. One where you max out health and another where you max out stamina. Depending on which one you go with, it'll greatly alter how you have to approach and play the game. Maybe that was their intention to begin with, not cater their entire game to a niche group of people that just want to blast through a game as quickly as possible to get all trophies. 

It's not a bad game design, it's just how many games are designed. I think there's a big difference that you and others are overlooking because you're too preoccupied with trophies. Like Fallout, I'm sure there will be guides in due time that walk you through the game so you don't miss anything if you want to do everything in one playthrough. Far from the first game to have missable trophies and it won't be the last. Mafia III is another one I did recently that requires you to play through the game at least twice making the opposite decision to get the platinum and on top of that those trophies are glitched so after playing through the whole game, you still may not even get it. 

If you're so worried about missing stuff and not wanting to do another playthrough then wait for a guide which is gonna be awhile because this game is massive and there's so much to do and a thorough guide would take a lot of time. And in the meantime, you could playthrough the whole game for fun which is what I'm doing. And the collectibles are extremely hard to miss especially in the prologue. They're literally right in your path, no guide necessary for those. Hardly anything to be concerned about missing. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, mega-tallica said:

When you don't consume yourself and worry about trophies while playing it, the game is actually quite good. 

It's far more enjoyable to play the game for fun the first go around and then worry about trophies after if you think you want to go for platinum. Playing the game for fun, what a shocking concept, huh? 

People have different definition of 'fun', I actually have more fun when i collect trophy while playing (granted if it's a game I want to), people enjoy speedruns, challenge based runs, etc. It might 'fun' to you to just play but it doesn't work for all and especially in this forum which if  you haven't noticed is actually a trophy/achievement focused. What a shocking concept, huh?

Edited by noyram23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, noyram23 said:

People have different definition of 'fun', I actually have more fun when i collect trophy while playing (granted if it's a game I want to), people enjoy speedruns, challenge based runs, etc. It might 'fun' to you to just play but it doesn't work for all and especially in this forum which if  you haven't noticed is actually a trophy/achievement focused. What a shocking concept, huh?

Yes and those are all niche groups of people who play games for those reasons. The vast majority of gamers aren't like that. I'm just trying to get through and make you see outside your bubble of reality and skewed perception of what games should be like because you're obsessed with trophies. 

And from what I can tell, you guys aren't having too much fun here. All's everybody is doing is complaining about this games trophies so that's a pretty lame argument in this particular case. 

Like I don't know this is a trophy focused website.... that has nothing to do with the point nor does it change it. 

12 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

It's no different than a game like Fallout where there are many quests and other things that are completely missable if you make certain choices or kill the wrong NPC by accident or something, also requiring multiple playthroughs if you want to see everything the game has to offer and get the other choices as well as all trophies. The trophy list is like that because the developers maybe want to entice you to play through the game twice. One where you max out health and another where you max out stamina. Depending on which one you go with, it'll greatly alter how you have to approach and play the game. Maybe that was their intention to begin with, not cater their entire game to a niche group of people that just want to blast through a game as quickly as possible to get all trophies. 

It's not a bad game design, it's just how many games are designed. I think there's a big difference that you and others are overlooking because you're too preoccupied with trophies. Like Fallout, I'm sure there will be guides in due time that walk you through the game so you don't miss anything if you want to do everything in one playthrough. Far from the first game to have missable trophies and it won't be the last. Mafia III is another one I did recently that requires you to play through the game at least twice making the opposite decision to get the platinum and on top of that those trophies are glitched so after playing through the whole game, you still may not even get it. 

If you're so worried about missing stuff and not wanting to do another playthrough then wait for a guide which is gonna be awhile because this game is massive and there's so much to do and a thorough guide would take a lot of time. And in the meantime, you could playthrough the whole game for fun which is what I'm doing. And the collectibles are extremely hard to miss especially in the prologue. They're literally right in your path, no guide necessary for those. Hardly anything to be concerned about missing. 

That is a fair point in contrast with games like Fallout or The Outer Worlds. While I haven't completed it yet, from what I gathered, this game doesn't seem to have the longevity that a game such as Fallout has. I'm still in the first area and I feel every second building I enter, is the same model. This isn't specifically about the trophies but general open world gameplay mechanics and progression where the player is capped for simply playing the game, 126/2 = 63, so a player could not even maxing out either and running out of inhibitors, thus forcing a third playthrough of the game if you don't save scum it. Compare that to Fallout where your given a specific amount of SPECIAL points at the start but you then CAN go collect bobble heads and comics that bump you up to max. The option is in the game for the player to max themselves whereas here, you are forced to pick one or the other, despite if you're doing trophies or not.

Mafia III doesn't need to make you replay much of your second playthrough.

Edited by GTAJJ