Rockstar Games just announced GTA VI - Trailer out now

Abby_TheLastofUs

Shouldn't the thread title be "Next entry in the Grand Theft Auto Series announced"?

Just now, Cryogenicide_X said:

I hope this isn't for last generation consoles because it will hold back what's possible. Hopefully they'll be current generation only. 

Darn it! I've been watching for whatever the special event was when PS5 became current gen, but even yesterday people were still referring to PS5 as next gen. I'm so confused.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:
Kind of a lackluster way to officially announce the next GTA game. No announcement video, or even a title card reveal.

Sadly that's just how they do nowadays. I'll always be curious about a new Rockstar game (especially since we don't see many anymore), but I'm far more hesitant in my excitement than I'd like to be.

• Like 1

For now i'm only interested in the new Online standalone but i'm really curious to see what will be the new GTA6 location. If they use one of the previous i really hope for Vice City or, even better the chance to move to different cities (that would be great in Online...)

Edited by DeathNyx

9 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

I would prefer working online services in gta 5 ps3 including the bounty feature.

It's a decade-old game. It's two console gens prior. You're gonna whine for all eternity at this rate.

4 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I bet everything concerning MTX and NFTs is 200% ready. Now they just have to build the game around it.

The game has been in development since 2020. It won't release for another 2-4 years. They won't put that in singleplayer.

• Like 1

I view this as an announcements for investors / shareholders more than gamers. The “stay tuned to the newswire” comment is somewhat interesting however. 

That said, GTA V remastered will be the next piece of news that comes out so I don’t really know how to interpret all of this. 

If anything it would be GTA V spring, Bully 2 reveal summer, and GTA 6 reveal in the fall and even that seems very aggressive based on recent behavior.

4 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

It's a decade-old game. It's two console gens prior. You're gonna whine for all eternity at this rate.

I know that we all live for the moment and not for eternity. In 100/150 years from now on, no one knows, we have ever existed and all the games we ever played are offline, but since gta 4 on ps3 is still online I have at least a point.