Why isn't my PS4 save working?

Cryogenicide_X

So I decided to play Horizon Zero Dawn before the sequel releases. I have the standard PS4 version and have installed it on my PS5 and when I've gone to download from the cloud the save for it, it's not seeing it? The game is acting like I've never played it before. The save is from 2017, last I played it. 

If I manually download the save onto my PS5 and boot the game up it's starting from scratch again, not giving me the option of loading saves. I don't know why my save won't work?

• Like 1

Same issue with me, wanted to do the ng+ play through & trophies before the sequel but nothing works. 

I think the problem is we both played the original version ( i also stopped playing in December 2017)  , not the complete edition which is the only version available now, the system cant read it probably.

7 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

Same issue with me, wanted to do the ng+ play through & trophies before the sequel but nothing works. 

I think the problem is we both played the original version ( i also stopped playing in December 2017)  , not the complete edition which is the only version available now, the system cant read it probably.

If I bought the complete edition would it read my saves with that version?

My partner had a physical copy of the game when she played and bought the DLC, when she went back to finish the last two trophies for NG+ and Ultra hard I told to her to just go into mine and download the Complete Edition and use her cloud to get the save but she didn’t have plus when she played the game, but was able to recall the save from the cloud regardless. 

Now when she loaded it up on the Ps5 it worked without any issues and the save had a date from 2017 so I’m not sure why it isn’t working for you. The save doesn’t belong to another profile does it or is that not how it works I’m not 100% familiar with how saves and profiles work.

• 11 months later...
On 05/02/2022 at 1:32 PM, shlomaniac said:

The complete edition is free on psplus collection, I've already tried that version twice and game started immediately from the opening.

I just found this out, to my irritation.

I bought the game second hand from the UK. The version I got is all in English.

In their infinite wisdom, Sony decided to release THREE EU versions of the game, none of which are compatible with the Complete Edition digital equivalents.

I am currently doing a DLC cleanup and couldn't understand why my game wouldn't work with the EU Complete Edition I got for free during the Pandemic.

Europe:

Standard Edition: CUSA01021 > Complete Edition: CUSA10211

Standard Edition: CUSA07319 > Complete Edition: CUSA10212

Standard Edition: CUSA07320 > Complete Edition: CUSA10213

Asia:

Standard Edition: CUSA05682 (manufacturing ID: PCAS-02043, PCKS-92029, PCAS-02050, PCKS-92033) > Complete Edition: CUSA10218 (manufacturing ID: PCAS-05046 / PCKS-10029)

Japan:

Standard Edition: CUSA05661 (manufacturing ID: PCJS53022 or PCJS53019) > Complete Edition: CUSA10234 (manufacturing ID: PCJS66013)

America:

Standard Edition: CUSA01967 > Complete Edition: CUSA10237

Standard Edition: CUSA07326 > Complete Edition: CUSA10237*

Turns out I have the Portuguese/Cypriot/N.Africa 7319 version. Again, the box is all in English....how could I know?

My save is incompatible with the UK version (7320/10213).

GG Sony, GG.

This was also the first game I ever experienced a Plat breaking glitch in, for the record.

Edited by baboon_overlord