Glitched Story Trophies

Anke

First it was Herzlich Wilkommen! that glitched (managed to pop it luckily in co-op) and now Under Pressure won't pop.

That's two automatic story trophies in a row that are broken. I have a feeling my entire story arc of trophies might not work at all now.

I know a lot of people having trouble with Herzlich Wilkommen! but am I alone in Under Pressure not popping?

Edited by Anke

Right from PowerPyx's guide:

Story trophies for beating main quests can randomly glitch out, this can affect any story trophy, but it works fine for most players. It’s a good idea to back up your save every few Main Quests (USB or PS+ Cloud). In case a trophy bugs out you can restore that save and replay from there without having to redo the entire game.

Just completed the Under Pressure story with a co-op partner and still no trophy.

I think I'm going to play all the way through and wait on an update hopefully pinging them. Doesn't bode well for the collectibles ones though.

CLOUD SAVE, CLOUD SAVE, CLOUD SAVE.

I literally would’ve lost my 15+ hour progress if I didn’t. I joined someone’s game, did something weird, then it booted me to one of the major faction buildings back in my own game. I was inside, but there wasn’t anyone. My bed wasn’t there, no vendors, and it looked half loaded in. I couldn’t get out of the building. I joined someone else’s game, then quit, still was stuck in the building. Had to reload a cloud save an hour back.. but it would’ve been the entire game if I didn’t have the cloud.

Clouds saves are useless, well the one-save system is, when you load back in and are glitched out of the main story. Now what?

29hrs in and I don't fancy starting again but I can't go any further either.

Edited by Anke

2 hours ago, Anke said:

Clouds saves are useless, well the one-save system is, when you load back in and are glitched out of the main story. Now what?

29hrs in and I don't fancy starting again but I can't go any further either.

what exactly are you asking? Cloud save wasn’t useless for me.. so not sure what you’re talking about. Turn off auto upload, upload whenever you please, and now it’s a solid backup if something really screwed up happens. Like it did for me. An inescapable limbo in a building I can’t escape from. 

if my cloud save happened right when the glitch happened, sure, we are SOL due to the single save. But thankfully it didn’t. Not full proof sure, but beats having to restart 20 hours and half the beginning map objectives cleared. 

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

25 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

what exactly are you asking? Cloud save wasn’t useless for me.. so not sure what you’re talking about. Turn off auto upload, upload whenever you please, and now it’s a solid backup if something no really screwed up happens. Like it did for me. An inescapable limbo in a building I can’t escape from. 

I closed out of a quest to cloud save but when I went back in the game put me outside of the room I was originally in and could no longer access, thereby locking me out of the quest. I am just warning people to be careful where you save as you could respawn at another checkpoint.

This also meant my cloud save was the same and therefore I couldn't go back. I was stuck.

48 minutes ago, Anke said:

I closed out of a quest to cloud save but when I went back in the game put me outside of the room I was originally in and could no longer access, thereby locking me out of the quest. I am just warning people to be careful where you save as you could respawn at another checkpoint.

This also meant my cloud save was the same and therefore I couldn't go back. I was stuck.

Oh wow. I see what you mean. Yeah there’s no foolproof way to avoid these bugs it seems. I’ve always been pretty lucky dodging bugs in games, definitely not the case this time. 

3 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Oh wow. I see what you mean. Yeah there’s no foolproof way to avoid these bugs it seems. I’ve always been pretty lucky dodging bugs in games, definitely not the case this time. 

Just found someone on Reddit who hit the exact same bug as me so it must be driving a lot of people mad.

21 hours ago, ollo99 said:

To anyone reading this before starting the game, make a cloud save every hour, its saved me three times so far. This sh*t is cyberpunk all over again, but atleast I can see my enemies and it doesnt drop under 60fps

Ten months ago, a guy named HotPotatoWithCheese posted that exact thought! He posted, "I've got a feeling that DL2, if it's ever released, is going to end up like Cyberpunk and that's a horrible thought since I loved the first game."

After the mess of Parkour Fever and Bozak Horde, I gave up on Dying Light in general and Techland in particular. Both were DLC no one asked for or wanted. Rather than patch another +20 seconds onto the Parkour Fever times to make them accessible to average players, Techland spent thousands of dollars to patch out a Parkour Fever grappling hook exploit that less than 3% of the player base used. Dead Island and DI: Riptide were solid, and The Following DLC was good because it returned to the Dead Island roots. 

Despite selling over five million copies of Dying Light, Techland was struggling financially. They've stayed afloat selling cosmetic DLC and rehashed versions of Dying Light. If Dying Light 2 doesn't sell well, the company could go bankrupt. I hope they focus on patching things that affect 99% of players such as yourselves. Good night and good luck.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

Under Pressure didn't pop for me either but I wonder if you just do another water tower will it make it pop? Maybe that'll work but I haven't tried it yet. 

Not really too concerned as I plan on doing a 2nd playthrough anyway and I expected glitched trophies with this game since every Techland game has had them at launch too. 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:19 PM, Anke said:

Not a story trophy but the Boot Licker: Reach City Alignment 7 for any faction randomly popped whilst doing nothing. I've only ever assigned one faction.

Book Licker randomly popped for me too along with After the Fall.

Get Outta My House! glitched on me and didnt pop. I totally forgot to manually cloud save before every story mission. I even jumped into some rando's co-op, finished defending Fish Eye and still no trophy. 

Sigh...guess I'll try again later/tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Book Licker randomly popped for me too along with After the Fall.

Get Outta My House! glitched on me and didnt pop. I totally forgot to manually cloud save before every story mission. I even jumped into some rando's co-op, finished defending Fish Eye and still no trophy. 

Sigh...guess I'll try again later/tomorrow. 

Same for me. Got boot licker after random join coop. Glitched at Get Outta My House, tried join online, didn't pop either. 

Guess I'll just have to wait for the patch?

10 minutes ago, Anke said:

Strangely my Under Pressure popped on completing the next random water tower so it appears it's not really story related.

Well it technically is story-related as you activate your first water tower as part of the story and you're locked out of them until then.

Good to know that you can just activate another water tower and it'll pop the trophy too. That's what I figured would happen.