My Custom Built Aim Controller

MrTacoNinja

21 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Nice job but 

"engraving gives you no tactical advantage  whatsoever"

Just kidding,this looks sick, congrats man,this is really beautiful,i would love to customize the look of all my platforms and accessories

About the aim,i just hate when it drifts for no reason at all

Big Boss Approves | Brent Rambo | Know Your Meme

Always good to see somebody enjoying building stuff. I noticed that you got the navigation controller inside the Aim controller foregrip, do you have problems with it falling out during use?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dakk55 said:

Big Boss Approves | Brent Rambo | Know Your Meme

Always good to see somebody enjoying building stuff. I noticed that you got the navigation controller inside the Aim controller foregrip, do you have problems with it falling out during use?

The Vr aim controller has it by default,it works normally, only issue people face normally is the aim drift inside the game, Wich is related to the withe sphere part of the aim that gets ligh up

4 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

Dunno man looks pretty bad ass to me. Great work!

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, lucask001 said:

1f606.png1f4aa.png1f605.png1f44d.png well done ! I’ve loved playing with the aim controler but you are pushing the boundaries 1f60e.png

You should play Farpoint with that, it’s the best game with the aim !

I've wanted to until I read the difficulty of the platinum due to those badges: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/288293-platinum-difficulty-rating/.

I don't have the best temperament  nor would I say I'm skilled enough for challenges like that. The game's in my library as a freebie from Plus though.

2 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Nice job but 

"engraving gives you no tactical advantage  whatsoever"

Just kidding,this looks sick, congrats man,this is really beautiful,i would love to customize the look of all my platforms and accessories

About the aim,i just hate when it drifts for no reason at all

Thanks dude! Sure wish all this work WOULD give me an advantage! 

1 hour ago, dakk55 said:

It was definitely fun building it. I've always loved doing stuff like this. Nope, no Nav controller. It's all one piece that comes with the AIm. 

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Well, now you have a one of a kind piece that you made yourself, and that's pretty badass in itself. As long as you enjoy it and it works and everything, then you're golden! Enjoy! 

Oh wow, imagine I went through all this shit to make it only to find out the Aim no longer works?! Dude, I'd be crushed and close to $160 dollars would be down the drain! 

1 hour ago, Mr-Photo said:

That looks sweet man.. but.. while wearing the VR headset you dont even get to enjoy the looks of it 1f604.png

Ha! Riiight?! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Oh wow, imagine I went through all this shit to make it only to find out the Aim no longer works?! Dude, I'd be crushed and close to $160 dollars would be down the drain! 

To be fair, I did see you had cut out some of the bottom part, but I'm glad it works still. Although is that $160 including the purchase of the Aim controller itself or separate?

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

To be fair, I did see you had cut out some of the bottom part, but I'm glad it works still. Although is that $160 including the purchase of the Aim controller itself or separate?

Oh believe me I did a LOT of cutting to that entire project, not just the gun itself. The cutting (I used a dremel) and the plastic "melt-welding" (I used a soldering iron) were some of the easier, more enjoyable parts as well as doing the paint job (high gloss spray paint that adheres strongly to plastic is all I used). Opening the Aim proved to be challenging because you have to be very careful and the plastic seams do NOT like to cooperate when you try to split them open. Utter headache. But yeah, the hardest part was the rifle stock for sure.

You wouldn't think so by just looking at the stock. Looks simple enough to piece together, right? Noway, lol. So many things had to go right as far as measuring, cutting, plastic melt-welding, drilling my bolt holes and ensuring a bond throughout strong enough to hold and last. All the while keeping in mind that I wanted it as light as possible because obviously the heavier something is the more uncomfortable and tiring on your arms it's going to be so I had to make sure I was selecting lightweight but strong material and not going overboard with my welds and bolt placements. The balancing act was tricky.

To make matters worse I couldn't find the exact shaped PVC tubes I needed so I had to improvise with what I could find (PVC tubing is what I used for the entirety of the stock to connect one end to the Aim gun and the other to the rifle butt that I pulled off a toy gun I bought at Walmart for this project). It was all so damn tricky. I was stuck for days just on the stock alone trying to figure everything out. As for the cost, the dremel and all the separate dremel accessories cost me $75. The soldering iron cost me $10. Miscellaneous materials cost me upwards of probably $50. The Aim gun I bought new at GameStop for $86 after tax (it was bundled with Firewall: Zero Hour). The dremel is being returned to Walmart for a full refund (which costs $60) so add up the remaining total and yeah, around $160. 

Sorry for the book, lol.

49 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

looks great 

Thank you kind sir! I do appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 1:50 AM, Super_Mep said:

But he'll look cool using it 1f61c.png

I was playing with my modded gun for the first time last night for a while playing Doom 3 VR and the stock almost feels slightly too long. I don't get it, during my testing of it (prior to making my bonds permanent by melting and bolting all my tube seams) it felt just right. Or maybe it's all just in my head? I don't know. The last time I held a real gun was an AK47 back in 2000 so I forget what it's actually supposed to feel like. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

Welp, here we have it folks, the re-modified version. As you can see there's quite a difference. I cut off over 6 inches as well as took out damn near all but 2 bolts. I realized that the bolts weren't even needed, that they were overkill. All my joints (except for the joint that attaches the stock to the controller) are all melt welded so all that extra shit (and weight) wasn't necessary. I also cut off a bit more from the grip in the area where the stock meets the controller.

By taking off the bolts and cutting off over 6 inches of PVC I managed to drop .203 lbs/91 grams/3.25 ounces from the stock. That may not sound like much but when it's concentrated in a singular area without really being properly distributed throughout you'll likely notice the weight a lot more. I definitely notice now how lighter it's become since removing all of it.

BEFORE:

IMG-2310

AFTER:

IMG-2333

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1